• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what they all have in common. They are all QBs who fit a certain profile and stand at 6'1" tall. History tells us that the exceptions to the rule have been thus far Hurts and Brees on the high end and the rest of the following somewhere between the middle and low end of such QBs. Howell to me is somewhere between Hurts and Mayfield. So unless there's going to be a definite swing in how this team is built along the lines and at the WR/TE /RB positions his fate is already tied to some of the lesser types here.

If Howell like Brees, and to a lesser degree Hurts, is destined to become the exceptional player within that historical spectrum he would be the third player of the type to distinguish himself.

Here's a much broader look at players that you can comp him to. I'm not saying that he can't be that rare guy, just that the odds are clearly against him considering his NFL contemporaries.

David Blough, Detroit Lions: 6-1

Sam Ehlinger, Indianapolis Colts: 6-1

Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: 6-1

Will Grier, Dallas Cowboys: 6-1

Taylor Heinicke, Washington Football Team: 6-1

Tyler Huntley, Baltimore Ravens: 6-1

Case Keenum, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Colt McCoy, Arizona Cardinals: 6-1

Gardner Minshew, Philadelphia Eagles: 6-1

Nick Mullens, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Easton Stick, Los Angeles Chargers: 6-1

Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins: 6-1

Tyrod Taylor, Houston Texans: 6-1

John Wolford, Los Angeles Rams: 6-1

Logan Woodside, Tennessee Titans: 6-1

Caleb Williams is 6’1”

I can’t remember but didn’t you love Kyler Murray or it could have been Shark.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ir’s lame to compare apples to oranges.

Each qb had other attributes that made them more or less polished than what Howell has shown.

A better comparison is the same heighted qb in the same system, so that Sam Howell being Sam Howell can be compared to Taylor Heinicke being Taylor Heinicke in Rivera’s tenure.

So lets do that:

Does SH have a better arm than TH? Yes. Yes he does.
Does he have better stats in about the same amount of starts as TH? Yes, yes he does.

Less benchings? Check.
Same amount of escapability? Debateable.
SOme amount of escapability? Check

How about vs Colt McCoy, both being on the same team?
SH is better in all metrics.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams is 6’1”

I can’t remember but didn’t you love Kyler Murray or it could have been Shark.
Agreed!!

Williams is 6' 1" tall and that gives me some concern but it doesn't negate the near-unanimous perspective that he is most likely to go #1 overall.

I backed Kyler Murray and I'm not sure if Shark did that also. Leading up to that draft our QBs were Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, and Colt McCoy

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!!

Williams is 6' 1" tall and that gives me some concern but it doesn't negate the near-unanimous perspective that he is most likely to go #1 overall.

I backed Kyler Murray and I'm not sure if Shark did that also. Leading up to that draft our QBs were Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, and Colt McCoy
This is a solid qb class..

Brady Cook can sling it to. Probably a 3rd round pick if he comes out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!!

But you knock SH for being the same height as Williams and support the 3’2” Murray.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you knock SH for being the same height as Williams and support the 3’2” Murray.
Stating facts is far different than "knocking" someone, except in the minds of those who want to see things differently and more often their way.,

Fact... Williams is projected to be the #1 draft pick.
Fact... Kyler Murray was and still is better than anyone that Washington had on its QB roster in 2018.
Fact... QBs 6' 1" tall are, with very few exceptions, mediocre to good QBs in the league depending upon where they play.
Fact... Sam Howell is a 6'1" tall QB

Which of these isn't factually accurate?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating facts is far different than "knocking" someone, except in the minds of those who want to see things differently and more often their way.,

Fact... Kyler Murray was and still is better than anyone that Washington had on its QB roster in 2018.
Fact... QBs 6' 1" tall are, with very few exceptions, mediocre to good QBs in the league depending upon where they play.

Howell is doing it in the pro game now and Williams hasn’t . His coach brought us mayfield and Murray from his offense

I have to question his emotional maturity. I don’t care about crying but I do care about his sense of entitlement statements . I mean Haskins had maturity issues and his talent couldn’t overcome that .

And why are we acting like Howell is stinking up the joint ? His numbers are right there with some of the best players in the game are at , at the same point in their careers

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SH was projected to be the #1 pick at one point…FACT

Kyler Murray is worse than both KC and SH…your was definitely not a fact.

Agreed…Very few QBs of any size are good though.

Yes…SH is 6’1”.

Murray is not better than KC nor SH. As a matter of fact, he is far worse.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SH was projected to be the #1 pick at one point…FACT

Kyler Murray is worse than both KC and SH…your was definitely not a fact.

Agreed…Very few QBs of any size are good though.

Yes…SH is 6’1”.

Murray is not better than KC nor SH. As a matter of fact, he is far worse.
Did you actually read and understand what I posted?

SH was projected to be the #1 pick at one point…FACT ( Not a fact, it was Spencer Rattler, and his (Howell's) status then has nothing to do with Williams or anything else for that matter! he fell to Rd 5)

Kyler Murray is worse than both KC and SH…your was definitely not a fact. (2018 draft and the players that Washington had at that time)

Agreed…Very few QBs of any size are good though. (Agreed but this is about specific players who are 6'1')

Yes…SH is 6’1”. (Finally)

Murray is not better than KC nor SH. As a matter of fact, he is far worse. ( Oh Good grief!)

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why are we acting like Howell is stinking up the joint ? His numbers are right there with some of the best players in the game are at , at the same point in their careers
Who's doing that?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually read and understand what I posted?

SH was projected to be the #1 pick at one point…FACT ( Not a fact, it was Spencer Rattler, and his (Howell's) status then has nothing to do with Williams or anything else for that matter! he fell to Rd 5)

Kyler Murray is worse than both KC and SH…your was definitely not a fact. (2018 draft and the players that Washington had at that time)

Agreed…Very few QBs of any size are good though. (Agreed but this is about specific players who are 6'1')

Yes…SH is 6’1”. (Finally)

Murray is not better than KC nor SH. As a matter of fact, he is far worse. ( Oh Good grief!)

Actually it is a fact. Many had SH as #1 in 2021.

Yes you did have state 2018. I missed that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this over and over. This same argument was made when KC was here. Where is Griffin? Where is Haskins now?

Kyler Murray who has done very little is better than KC .... let me know when he throws over 260 TD passes.

Sty's history is to slam white guys over black guys. Sty is not a racist, he has racial preference. I am okay with that right up until it becomes taking the lesser player over a better player. Why isn't Maye, McCarthy or Nix even discussed in his threads. If your goal is to have a black QB only, fine but say that and stop hiding behind ridiculous excuses.

Additionally we have had local players .... Haskins and Young who seem to feel priviliged. I am hesitant to have more.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this over and over. This same argument was made when KC was here. Where is Griffin? Where is Haskins now?

Kyler Murray who has done very little is better than KC .... let me know when he throws over 260 TD passes.

Sty's history is to slam white guys over black guys. Sty is not a racist, he has racial preference. I am okay with that right up until it becomes taking the lesser player over a better player. Why isn't Maye, McCarthy or Nix even discussed in his threads. If your goal is to have a black QB only, fine but say that and stop hiding behind ridiculous excuses.

Additionally we have had local players .... Haskins and Young who seem to feel priviliged. I am hesitant to have more.
If you did that, slamming black guys because the color of their skin, you would be considered racist.