• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he literally "go cry to his momma" after losing to a rival, recently?

Get a grip, Nancy.

Tissue paper thin skin.
Well, he only wants to go to 5 teams and wants to own part of the team that drafts him.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he only wants to go to 5 teams and wants to own part of the team that drafts him.

He's looking at an awfully cold dose of reality coming his way come draft time.

Maybe not painting your nails when you're upset, and leaping into thte stands to cry on your momma's shoulders when you lose is a good start.

Nothing says "stable genius" like crying on your mom's shoulders.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he literally "go cry to his momma" after losing to a rival, recently?

Get a grip, Nancy.

Tissue paper thin skin.
trying to dictate what team takes you and your terms of contract never usually happens till you are drafted.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is a thread about Howell, let's have a frank discussion about him. I'll start it off by asking these questions.

1. What metric or metrics are you all using to assess him (Howell) as a QB? (I'll provide my own metrics as we go along)

2. In your considered opinion is he better or as good as any of the following?

A. Drew Brees
B. Jalen Hurts
C. Baker Mayfield
D. Tua Tagovailoa

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lesson here remains week to week and the adversity that comes with all things NFL QB.

HELL..our 4th rounder is now based on 40M per and 70% Dallas fans hate his ass.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is a thread about Howell, let's have a frank discussion about him. I'll start it off by asking these questions.

1. What metric or metrics are you all using to assess him (Howell) as a QB? (I'll provide my own metrics as we go along)

A. Drew Brees
B. Jalen Hurts
C. Baker Mayfield
D. Tua Tagovailoa
I think he's better than Baker and with the Eagles offensive line would be on par with Hurts. Drew is a all-time great. I'm not even going to touch that. Tua is better.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's better than Baker and with the Eagles offensive line would be on par with Hurts. Drew is a all-time great. I'm not even going to touch that. Tua is better.
Here's what they all have in common. They are all QBs who fit a certain profile and stand at 6'1" tall. History tells us that the exceptions to the rule have been thus far Hurts and Brees on the high end and the rest of the following somewhere between the middle and low end of such QBs. Howell to me is somewhere between Hurts and Mayfield. So unless there's going to be a definite swing in how this team is built along the lines and at the WR/TE /RB positions his fate is already tied to some of the lesser types here.

If Howell like Brees, and to a lesser degree Hurts, is destined to become the exceptional player within that historical spectrum he would be the third player of the type to distinguish himself.

Here's a much broader look at players that you can comp him to. I'm not saying that he can't be that rare guy, just that the odds are clearly against him considering his NFL contemporaries.

David Blough, Detroit Lions: 6-1

Sam Ehlinger, Indianapolis Colts: 6-1

Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: 6-1

Will Grier, Dallas Cowboys: 6-1

Taylor Heinicke, Washington Football Team: 6-1

Tyler Huntley, Baltimore Ravens: 6-1

Case Keenum, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Colt McCoy, Arizona Cardinals: 6-1

Gardner Minshew, Philadelphia Eagles: 6-1

Nick Mullens, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Easton Stick, Los Angeles Chargers: 6-1

Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins: 6-1

Tyrod Taylor, Houston Texans: 6-1

John Wolford, Los Angeles Rams: 6-1

Logan Woodside, Tennessee Titans: 6-1

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what they all have in common. They are all QBs who fit a certain profile and stand at 6'1" tall. History tells us that the exceptions to the rule have been thus far Hurts and Brees on the high end and the rest of the following somewhere between the middle and low end of such QBs. Howell to me is somewhere between Hurts and Mayfield. So unless there's going to be a definite swing in how this team is built along the lines and at the WR/TE /RB positions his fate is already tied to some of the lesser types here.

If Howell like Brees, and to a lesser degree Hurts, is destined to become the exceptional player within that historical spectrum he would be the third player of the type to distinguish himself.

Here's a much broader look at players that you can comp him to. I'm not saying that he can't be that rare guy, just that the odds are clearly against him considering his NFL contemporaries.

David Blough, Detroit Lions: 6-1

Sam Ehlinger, Indianapolis Colts: 6-1

Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: 6-1

Will Grier, Dallas Cowboys: 6-1

Taylor Heinicke, Washington Football Team: 6-1

Tyler Huntley, Baltimore Ravens: 6-1

Case Keenum, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Colt McCoy, Arizona Cardinals: 6-1

Gardner Minshew, Philadelphia Eagles: 6-1

Nick Mullens, Cleveland Browns: 6-1

Easton Stick, Los Angeles Chargers: 6-1

Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins: 6-1

Tyrod Taylor, Houston Texans: 6-1

John Wolford, Los Angeles Rams: 6-1

Logan Woodside, Tennessee Titans: 6-1
Brother.....I hate when you do your homework. Lol. Odds definitely stacked against him. I could be wrong. I have admitted on this board I have somewhat of a blindspot when it comes to QB. My hit rate is about 50/50.

Kid hasn't even had 17 starts. No line. I'd still probably take Caleb but other than that, I think I'm good. I'm watching Maye, because if Kyler balls out to close the season Maye might be there depending on what the Pats do.

See I think Caleb goes to Chicago and the Pats scoop up Maye. That is why I think there is an outside shot for the Skins to grab Harrison Jr.

Say the Skins draft QB at 4 or 5. Do you trade Howell on draft day or keep him. If you trade him, what do you think his market is?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. Drew Brees
B. Jalen Hurts
C. Baker Mayfield
D. Tua Tagovailoa
I think his ceiling is Drew Brees , I think he is on par with Hurts , I think he is a better then Tua and his floor is mayfield

Now my metrics are his leadership , toughness , mobility, arm strength and accuracy. He has all of them and his processing is improving with experience

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams isn’t very big , and Murray is playing will . I don’t buy the height , Wilson has been to 2 Super Bowls

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother.....I hate when you do your homework. Lol. Odds definitely stacked against him. I could be wrong. I have admitted on this board I have somewhat of a blindspot when it comes to QB. My hit rate is about 50/50.

Kid hasn't even had 17 starts. No line. I'd still probably take Caleb but other than that, I think I'm good. I'm watching Maye, because if Kyler balls out to close the season Maye might be there depending on what the Pats do.

See I think Caleb goes to Chicago and the Pats scoop up Maye. That is why I think there is an outside shot for the Skins to grab Harrison Jr.

Say the Skins draft QB at 4 or 5. Do you trade Howell on draft day or keep him. If you trade him, what do you think his market is?
Oh no! I absolutely won't trade Howell under any circumstance! In fact, Howell would be my starter in 2024 while I groom the new guy. ( Sorry that's always been my philosophy about new QBs) If you recall, Kansas City did the same thing with Alex Smith, and we gave up draft capital to get him. EB is very familiar with this and using good assets to gain better assets is a tried and true way to build your franchise.

BTW; at his current level of play, Howell gets you a starter return, and at QB that's at least a first-rounder or perhaps an early second plus some combination of other assets. That's an excellent return on a 5th rounder but it all depends upon knowing that you have his upgraded replacement in hand and waiting to take over. Otherwise, you keep him. (Yeah it's a gamble but it's well worth it if you get a top-of-the-line QB)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams isn’t very big , and Murray is playing will . I don’t buy the height , Wilson has been to 2 Super Bowls
William's on-field work is undeniable, and there are continued health, and work ethic questions about Murray even though I touted him coming out of school. You are correct that Wilson has been to two Super Bowls and the way that you presented it is telling. The legion of boom got them to those SBs and what happened when Seattle decided to go from a runn-centered offense to one featuring Wilson? Well, he is no longer in Seattle and struggling in Denver. Now I ask you, why on earth would a team be willing to let a two-time SB-appearing QB go elsewhere?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! I absolutely won't trade Howell under any circumstance! In fact, Howell would be my starter in 2024 while I groom the new guy. ( Sorry that's always been my philosophy about new QBs) If you recall, Kansas City did the same thing with Alex Smith, and we gave up draft capital to get him. EB is very familiar with this and using good assets to gain better assets is a tried and true way to build your franchise.

BTW; at his current level of play, Howell gets you a starter return, and at QB that's at least a first-rounder or perhaps an early second plus some combination of other assets. That's an excellent return on a 5th rounder but it all depends upon knowing that you have his upgraded replacement in hand and waiting to take over. Otherwise, you keep him. (Yeah it's a gamble but it's well worth it if you get a top-of-the-line QB)
That is a big gamble though. Pass on a talent like Harrison Jr. or one of the stud LT for QB while the one you have leads the league in passing yards and is tied for 6th in TDs.