• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford traded to Philadelphia for Nick Foles+picks

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. STL definitely doesn't have the firepower Philly did surrounding the QB on offense.

Again correct, but they do have some talented, young weapons to throw to. Maybe not the house hold names Philly had the last two years, but they have some guys that could breakout with a halfway competent QB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Philly started this off with a phone call to the Rams

Chip- "Hi, would you consider Foles for Bradford?"

Rams - (laughter in background) "and?"

Chip - "We'll throw in a 6th round pick."

Rams - (damn, I though he wanted a pick from us) "I'm not sure about a 6th, you got something else?" Tells assistant to get paperwork done as fast as he can, like right freaking now...

Chip - "I think that's about it."

Rams - "Well, alright, but remember that you owe us since you're winning this one." (winks to assistant)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprising trade. I remember watching Bradford play a couple of years ago in a game where he was pretty much running for his life each time he dropped back. He was still consistently making good throws, but his receivers were also dropping them.

Foles seems to me like a pretty good fit for St. Louis, though I am not sure that he is as good as some people seem to think after he played so inordinately well a couple of years ago.

Interesting to see how it all plays out. Seems that this ends speculation that Philly trades up for Mariota.

Last edited:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprising trade. I remember watching Bradford play a couple of years ago in a game where he was pretty much running for his life each time he dropped back. He was still consistently making good throws, but his receivers were also dropping them.

Foles seems to me like a pretty good fit for AZ, though I am not sure that he is as good as some people seem to think after he played so inordinately well a couple of years ago.

Interesting to see how it all plays out. Seems that this ends speculation that Philly trades up for Mariota.

That's cool, but isn't Foles going to St Louis.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I'm confused. Pick compensation is going to which team??? I've seen multiple tweets contradicting each other.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I'm confused. Pick compensation is going to which team??? I've seen multiple tweets contradicting each other.

I've read the Rams are getting a pick.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see Foles dealt. Class act who has and could again put up elite numbers. But now the full extent of Chip's hard-on for Mariota becomes clear. I suspect they swapped firsts. What other compensation was involved, we will have to see.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles seems to me like a pretty good fit for St. Louis, though I am not sure that he is as good as some people seem to think after he played so inordinately well a couple of years ago.

Looks to me like the Rams are in better position to trade up for MM.
I do not understand Chip. Both QB's are on their last year of their contracts and Chip is going with Sanchez.
Guess it;'s all about the system with Chip. Good luck selling that to NFL players

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa:Oh dear Jesus could it finally be true?!!!

This may be one of the happiest days as a Rams fan..

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand Chip. Both QB's are on their last year of their contracts and Chip is going with Sanchez.
Guess it;'s all about the system with Chip. Good luck selling that to NFL players

You think so? Seems to me that if he was prepared to deal Foles plus at least one pick for Bradford, then Chip must have some belief that Bradford is capable of running his offense.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some on here called him a racist so he traded for a Native American?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....who's the starter in Philly now? Gonna look real bad if Sanchez out performs Bradford and wins the starting job.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so? Seems to me that if he was prepared to deal Foles plus at least one pick for Bradford, then Chip must have some belief that Bradford is capable of running his offense.
to tell you the truth...I have no clue what Chip is doing and I'm finding it hard to see how they've improved

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One interesting observation: maybe this makes the decision to unload McCoy and his cap number more clear, if they knew they would be taking over Bradford's cap hit as part of a trade.