• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford to sit Friday night?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plan for QB Sam Bradford during the preseason games

"He’s done everything we needed to see right now at practice. So he’s going to play in the preseason unlikely that he’s going to play this week. But he’ll get plenty of snaps with the starters because he needs to, he needs to get out there and work with (C) Scott (Wells) and the rest of the guys. But it’s not because he can’t it’s because it’s our choice, as I have said before I’m really pleased with where he is and what he’s doing. You see every day at practice he’s doing something, that you just go, ‘That’s Sam’, that’s what we expect from him."
Clearly Jeff Fisher doesn't see a need to play Sam in Pre-Season Game 1 but who knows, maybe Sam gets in their for a series.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Jeff Fisher doesn't see a need to play Sam in Pre-Season Game 1 but who knows, maybe Sam gets in their for a series.

Jeff Fisher doesn't doesn't see a need to play Sam but the Ram fans see a need to play Sam. If doesn't play Sam then F**k him.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch some of the Fisher interviews from the past few weeks and watch his face sour when someone asks him about Bradford. His words are mostly positive but I sense he isn't all that impressed with his play or maybe he is worried about Sam's knee. Something is up. The starting QB is sitting? :noidea: No one would be able to make me sit out the whole first preseason game if I were the starter...not even the head coach. I would want to play. Why is Sam so willing to sit out? Maybe Fisher would like to see if he will fight back and show some drive and desire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated earlier. I suspect we will see alot of Austin Davis and Garrett Gilbert on Friday night.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let's not confuse opinions with insults. You're a smart guy, so you gotta know there is a big difference between an opinion and an insult. I believe an opinion is a statement of your (subjective) thoughts about something, an insult is a statement (or action) which causes offense or make someone feels degraded. In this case Sam Bradford and anyone who supports the Rams QB or in my opinion, anyone who supports the Rams...

Regarding last statement on disrespect, I can't ever think of a time here on the hoop where I personally have felt disrespected, so I have no idea what or when you are talking about me getting all 'uppity'.

I do find it peculiar that you think I should 'respect' your opinions or insults as I see them, let's just call them 'thoughts' when in fact you have no respect at all for those involved in your thoughts in turn.

I see no point in arguing semantics on top of everything else Vita. As I stated, you have your opinion and style, and I have mine. Thank heavens we're not all cookie cutter homers as you suggest. I will continue to disparage Bradford because that's my opinion of him---he's a pretender and taking advantage of the fact he conned somebody into drafting him as the first pick. You have a different opinion of him and I understand that. And my style is what it is--- I don't care if you agree with it or not. Well I guess that's not true. As a matter of fact I prefer you didn't agree with me.

NOTHING is going to sway my opinion of Bradford except Bradford. Every time you and I post on the same topic we seem to bang heads, so as I suggested to you before, if you don't like my comments simply put me on ignore, or simply don't acknowledge what I post. Simple enough isn't it?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch some of the Fisher interviews from the past few weeks and watch his face sour when someone asks him about Bradford. His words are mostly positive but I sense he isn't all that impressed with his play or maybe he is worried about Sam's knee. Something is up. The starting QB is sitting? :noidea:

I think Fisher's reputation and possibly his job is on the line here Rambunctious. He has invested so much propaganda and rhetoric on Bradford that if Bradford fails again, well Fisher is going to have to eat crow and acknowledge that he was wrong about him for not one, not two, but three years. Fisher has gotten the Rams "respectable" at this point. But he does have a track record of not being able to get his teams consistently above that. If Bradford doesn't play up to expectations this year the Rams will still probably finish .500 or slightly below. It would be hard to imagine them not being competitive just because of the defense. But it would also fit into the mediocre category that Fisher knows so well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no hate. I am a Rams fan first and foremost before I am a Bradford fan. And from Bradford's body of work I've formed my opinion of him. You are entitled to yours Vita, don't criticize others if they see it differently than you. In making an educated guess, there is more evidence to support SJ's and my opinion than there is yours. Let's not get into this again because its just going to be the same old thing. You have your opinion and we respect it. We have ours---respect that will you.

As I've stated in previous posts, if Bradford becomes the QB he is supposed to be--warranting performance of the first pick in the draft, I will gladly admit I was wrong and be at the bus stop waiting to jump on the Bradford bandwagon.

Problem is, and I understand the mentality, that the fans are so starved for a winner that they lose objectivity and just pray to the "Football Gods" as someone has said, that Bradford will mature and become something more than mediocre. At the risk of being redundant, I'm hoping for the same thing. Just objectively speaking, I don't see it. As a matter of fact I predict the same old "soil his linen under pressure" Bradford. I fully expect this to be his final and defining season in St. Louis. That's my opinion. Agree with it or not, all I ask is you respect it. I notice you get all uppity when someone wants to disrespect you Vita. But it works both ways. You want respect, then show some respect.

I see no point in arguing semantics on top of everything else Vita. As I stated, you have your opinion and style, and I have mine. Thank heavens we're not all cookie cutter homers as you suggest. I will continue to disparage Bradford because that's my opinion of him---he's a pretender and taking advantage of the fact he conned somebody into drafting him as the first pick. You have a different opinion of him and I understand that. And my style is what it is--- I don't care if you agree with it or not. Well I guess that's not true. As a matter of fact I prefer you didn't agree with me.

NOTHING is going to sway my opinion of Bradford except Bradford. Every time you and I post on the same topic we seem to bang heads, so as I suggested to you before, if you don't like my comments simply put me on ignore, or simply don't acknowledge what I post. Simple enough isn't it?
Why would I put you on ignore? :noidea:

Your posts are like the gift that keeps on giving, a posting punchline...:lol:

You want respect you when you show absolutely no respect to select Rams.

You whine about my comments and want to tell me to do this, suggest I do that, ask me to do another but you suggest I'm trying to tell you what to do when in fact I'm not.

You're just a bundle of contradictions now aren't you.

Here, look at my post again....

Imagine if those who support Sam as our starting QB this year 'trumped' him up as much as you detractors want to tear him down at every turn.

Geez guys, do you ever fail to seize an opportunity to hate?

It's every freaking chance yous guys get!!!!!!! :wtf2: :lame: :gaah:
I'm not telling anybody what to do, I'm merely making a freaking comment about a broken record that's been skipping on and on and on since Week 6 of last season or whenever Sam went down.

We get it, we've all get it and we have got it for a long time now. You have a poor opinion of the man and use insults with every opportunity that comes your way. I usually just ignore that skipping record but sometimes, a guy just has enough with those damn fingernails scraping across the chalkboard and has to say :wtf2: and complain about it skipping again and again and again!!!

Boss, you can do what you please of course however so will I.

Regarding semantics.........Well, there's this.....:lol:

The very concept of semantics is frequently disparaged by wishy-washy passive-aggressives who refuse to be accountable for their careless use of language or their deplorable lack of education.
Words have meanings bradah! And if you were a Seahags, Whiners or Redbirds fan in here with those type of 'opinions', retro would boot your ass out of here in a heartbeat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch some of the Fisher interviews from the past few weeks and watch his face sour when someone asks him about Bradford. His words are mostly positive but I sense he isn't all that impressed with his play or maybe he is worried about Sam's knee. Something is up. The starting QB is sitting? :noidea: No one would be able to make me sit out the whole first preseason game if I were the starter...not even the head coach. I would want to play. Why is Sam so willing to sit out? Maybe Fisher would like to see if he will fight back and show some drive and desire.

He's simply sick of all the Bradford questions. Bradford is their guy for at least this season. He's coming off of knee surgery, no need to throw him out there for a series behind a backup LT.

You guys are digging for dirt where there is none.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's simply sick of all the Bradford questions. Bradford is their guy for at least this season. He's coming off of knee surgery, no need to throw him out there for a series behind a backup LT.

You guys are digging for dirt where there is none.

:agree:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You whine about my comments and want to tell me to do this, suggest I do that, ask me to do another but you suggest I'm trying to tell you what to do when in fact I'm not.

I'm not telling anybody what to do, I'm merely making a freaking comment about a broken record that's been skipping on and on and on since Week 6 of last season or whenever Sam went down.

We get it, we've all get it and we have got it for a long time now. You have a poor opinion of the man and use insults with every opportunity that comes your way. I usually just ignore that skipping record but sometimes, a guy just has enough with those damn fingernails scraping across the chalkboard and has to say :wtf2: and complain about it skipping again and again and again!!!

Words have meanings bradah! And if you were a Seahags, Whiners or Redbirds fan in here with those type of 'opinions', retro would boot your ass out of here in a heartbeat.

First of all, I'm not your "Bradah" in any sense of the word. It's unfortunate we even root for the same team. And as far as Retro goes, I think you better let him speak for himself instead of telling me what he would do. Of course that is typical of you Vita---everybody should acquiesce to your opinion. Sorry, it ain't happening on my end. If Retro has a problem with me I'm sure he'll address it without any advise or direction from you. Of course his opinion I would respect much more than yours as well, so go blow smoke up someone else's skirt. I'm through arguing or even conversing with you. Bradford is a sniveling wennie boy in my opinion. If that statement so happens to resemble fingernails across a chalkboard to you, that is an added bonus for me.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap::amen::agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I'm not your "Bradah" in any sense of the word. It's unfortunate we even root for the same team. And as far as Retro goes, I think you better let him speak for himself instead of telling me what he would do. Of course that is typical of you Vita---everybody should acquiesce to your opinion. Sorry, it ain't happening on my end. If Retro has a problem with me I'm sure he'll address it without any advise or direction from you. Of course his opinion I would respect much more than yours as well, so go blow smoke up someone else's skirt. I'm through arguing or even conversing with you. Bradford is a sniveling wennie boy in my opinion. If that statement so happens to resemble fingernails across a chalkboard to you, that is an added bonus for me.
:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'm not speaking for Retro, you assume a lot.

We all have seen Retro demonstrate actions in the past with fans of other teams making insulting remarks of our team and players on the Rams boards in the past.

This should absolutely not include you, right? :whistle:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You got that right ozarks!!

These punchline type posts just kill me!!!:whoo: :peace:

Kind of reminds me of the guy that tells the killer joke and everyone just falls out. But then he is so proud of himself he tells it at every opportunity. As we all no then not only does it become sad it becomes pathetic. One trick pony. IMO. Go Rams! :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm so happy Zark, I'm sitting here watching the replay of the HOF game and just waiting for the rest of the schedule coming up tonight.
couch2.gif

I ain't gonna let nuthin rain on my parade today!!!

Go Rams!!! :yahoo:

:focus:

Too bad we wont get a few series with Sam and Zac in the backfield with the first team tomorrow.

Like a few others here on the Rams boards, I'm disappointed but I trust in Jeff Fisher and will certainly acquiesce to our tenured HC! :cool2:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm so happy Zark, I'm sitting here watching the replay of the HOF game and just waiting for the rest of the schedule coming up tonight.
couch2.gif

I ain't gonna let nuthin rain on my parade today!!!

Go Rams!!! :yahoo:

:focus:

Too bad we wont get a few series with Sam and Zac in the backfield with the first team tomorrow.

Like a few others here on the Rams boards, I'm disappointed but I trust in Jeff Fisher and will certainly acquiesce to our tenured HC! :cool2:
I think some of it has to do with the general bad blood between the two coaching staffs. Why take a chance? :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of it has to do with the general bad blood between the two coaching staffs. Why take a chance? :suds:
Yes it may get interesting with Williams and Payton on the same field. Let's hope it doesn't get too interesting....