• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford to sit Friday night?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it may get interesting with Williams and Payton on the same field. Let's hope it doesn't get too interesting....

And Ryan he gave us the bird on his way outta town. :nod:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: this thread took a weird ass turn

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, I think it's a wise decision.

Whether you are in his camp or not, we know what he can do and 4 tune up games is way more than he should need at this point of his career.

By the way, the Rams will also sit Jake Long...

Clearly Jeff Fisher doesn't see a need to play Sam in Pre-Season Game 1 but who knows, maybe Sam gets in their for a series.

Yes it may get interesting with Williams and Payton on the same field. Let's hope it doesn't get too interesting....

:focus:

Too bad we wont get a few series with Sam and Zac in the backfield with the first team tomorrow.

Like a few others here on the Rams boards, I'm disappointed but I trust in Jeff Fisher and will certainly acquiesce to our tenured HC! :cool2:
:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line. We'd all like to see Sam and the offense get some rythmn and finally start moving chains scoring some points. It would be great to see our offense get ahead and not behind.

Who's to say anything. After seeing some bad injuries lately in other sports and being a bulls fan, I am all for sitting Derrick Rose and him not playing on team USA. But Derrick Rose has won MVPs he has not a lot to prove.

Sam if healthy, needs to get a jump start on this season and the organization needs to stop treating him like a baby. He's not romo, not Brady, not Cam. Those guys have proven themselves. We aren't still waiting on them to make the jump to elite.

He needs reps if he's healthy. If he is not healthy then he needs to sit and watch.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...who the heck knows whats right really. All I know is I wanted to see him play. I also think I'd be really impressed with Sam if he told Fisher to kiss off I'm playing. I need the work we have new receivers I missed half of last season...I'M fing playing. I'd would have liked to see that kind of fire in him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line. We'd all like to see Sam and the offense get some rythmn and finally start moving chains scoring some points. It would be great to see our offense get ahead and not behind.

Who's to say anything. After seeing some bad injuries lately in other sports and being a bulls fan, I am all for sitting Derrick Rose and him not playing on team USA. But Derrick Rose has won MVPs he has not a lot to prove.

Sam if healthy, needs to get a jump start on this season and the organization needs to stop treating him like a baby. He's not romo, not Brady, not Cam. Those guys have proven themselves. We aren't still waiting on them to make the jump to elite.

He needs reps if he's healthy. If he is not healthy then he needs to sit and watch.
:agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...who the heck knows whats right really. All I know is I wanted to see him play. I also think I'd be really impressed with Sam if he told Fisher to kiss off I'm playing. I need the work we have new receivers I missed half of last season...I'M fing playing. I'd would have liked to see that kind of fire in him.
Who's to say that didn't happen? :noidea:

I doubt it, it doesn't sound like Sam but I can't remember butting heads with my bosses too many times throughout my life and 'winning' the argument!

Either way, I trust Jeff Fisher to make the right decision here.

Look, even if he was to start, he most likely gets get one series in. Considering he is coming off an ACL and just how unnecessary his participation is in this outing, do we really need him in there?

Like you, I just want him in there for selfish reasons....

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all need to go to the game Friday night and give motivational speeches in the locker room and hang out with the cheerleaders.

Some of us are a little too amped up for preseason game #1.

I do agree with Ramb's comment on fire. But Sam isn't gonna do it. This organization continues to baby him. Maybe he finally rips off a superman t-shirt, but I doubt it. We need a blue collar QB that was drafted later that isn't making so much money that he gets special treatment.

IMO

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Garrett Gilbert might be that blue collar guy you are referring to SJ76. That is why I want to see him play.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can hope Retro. I'm living in Dallas now and SMU is here - where Gilbert went. No one here was or is really impressed with him, but maybe he's a bit different in the NFL?

I've been barking for a gritty, scrambling QB with wheels for years. It's getting old. I still like Jake Locker. Yeah throw me all his shitty stats and yeah his accuracy is bad, but he is exactly what I want to run a team with a stout running game and killer D. Jake's a helluvan athlete and is a good QB for this offense. Hell if Kellen Clemens can hand it off and beat Indy, Chicago, and the Saints - we really just need a leader that can run a simple dam offense.

We will find more out tomorrow. A lot of work to do.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all need to go to the game Friday night and give motivational speeches in the locker room and hang out with the cheerleaders.

Some of us are a little too amped up for preseason game #1.

I do agree with Ramb's comment on fire. But Sam isn't gonna do it. This organization continues to baby him. Maybe he finally rips off a superman t-shirt, but I doubt it. We need a blue collar QB that was drafted later that isn't making so much money that he gets special treatment.

IMO
Don't know if this is the guy or not but some of you know I would really like to see Brett Hundley (UCLA QB) drafted by the Rams next year. If we pass on this dude I will be greatly disappointed. Should he get drafted before we pick I understand, moving up in the draft to get your QB can be costly.

Just ask the Skins!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will pass on the locker room...I suck at delivering motivating speeches but did someone say hang out with the cheerleaders? :10::10::10:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita I would take Hundley, Marriota, or Jameis "I love me sum crablegs" Winston all day. I won't even be picky-even though I think Marriota is gonna be awesome. This is the next big QB class. Mark it down. All have big time arms and big time legs. And they all have that competitive fire. And all can make something out of nothing.

I can keep going but not until we are not 3-9 and looking towards the draft again. LOL ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita, count me in on Hundley. Like I have been stating, if Sammie falters, he's done and Hundley could very well be the next QB we draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can hope Retro. I'm living in Dallas now and SMU is here - where Gilbert went. No one here was or is really impressed with him, but maybe he's a bit different in the NFL?

I've been barking for a gritty, scrambling QB with wheels for years. It's getting old. I still like Jake Locker. Yeah throw me all his shitty stats and yeah his accuracy is bad, but he is exactly what I want to run a team with a stout running game and killer D. Jake's a helluvan athlete and is a good QB for this offense. Hell if Kellen Clemens can hand it off and beat Indy, Chicago, and the Saints - we really just need a leader that can run a simple dam offense.

We will find more out tomorrow. A lot of work to do.

Yea SJ76 I hear you. SJ76, are you aware of an undrafted QB named Ryan Griffin who is on the Saints staff that according to ESPN was almost a Ram last year when Sammie went down before we went with Clemons? The dude is a stick at 6'5", 206 lbs but apparently he has an arm and the Saints and Rams like him. According to the article, we will get to see him tomorrow night. Here is the link.

St. Louis Rams will look at QB that almost was in Saints' Ryan Griffin - ESPN

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Retro didn't know that.

Zac Stacy came out swingin last year. I am looking for another youngster to come out of nowhere swingin again - hopefully.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, this Griffin guy is supposed to be pretty damn good. We shall see. How do you like Dallas, SJ76? I spent a few weeks there when I was doing one of my advanced degrees. Stay at the downtown hotel. Love the food and I found a clothier near Dealy Plaza that made me some pretty cool suits. I liked the town when I was there all three times I was there.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like it here. Feel sorry for the cowboys fans. This owner here is bad. He's a bad leader and this Dallas team might just have the worst defense in football.

But it's cool here. Ft. Worth is cool too. How you doin in AZ?

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, SJ... if you're feeling nostalgic... your hero Kellen Clemens is playing on NFL Network right now. Watch out, Rivers! This man is comin' for your job! Lol. ;)