• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Salary Cap

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're dead wrong about resigning Dez. Only time will tell :suds:

Actually I think I'm wrong about Jerry trading him.

Instead I think he listens to a fan base and wants to sell Jerseys

Keeps the cap fucked up .... and keeps him around

Cause that is normal Jerry ....... But just remember .... It's the same Jerry most people on here bitch about. Until it comes down to keeping "Their" personal favorite player

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is under contract for 2014 and the Cowboys could use the exclusive franchise tag to prevent him leaving in 2015. Offering him a contract extension now that gives him market value salaries in 2015, 2016, & 2017 with guarantees would make more sense and wouldn't worsen the current cap situation.

Bingo

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is under contract for 2014 and the Cowboys could use the exclusive franchise tag to prevent him leaving in 2015. Offering him a contract extension now that gives him market value salaries in 2015, 2016, & 2017 with guarantees would make more sense and wouldn't worsen the current cap situation.

Cowboys WILL NOT have 15 million to franchise Dez ....

Throw that idea out the window...... It will either be sign or let him walk at the end of next season

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only basing it on hope ... Fisher having player control... His relationship with Jerry and the fact yall are possibly a receiver away from being a threat.

Waiting on a rookie receiver to mature? 2-3 years..... That's as much of a gamble as the trade
We're a bit further away than most Rams fans want to admit - which makes our trading less likely. Normally it's only teams desperate for 1 final piece of the jigsaw that trade for top veterans. The Rams will lose 4 of our best 6 OL this off-season. We also need a starting FS and DT. I'd take Dez off your hands but it might not help either team.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think I'm wrong about Jerry trading him.

Instead I think he listens to a fan base and wants to sell Jerseys

Keeps the cap fucked up .... and keeps him around

Cause that is normal Jerry ....... But just remember .... It's the same Jerry most people on here bitch about. Until it comes down to keeping "Their" personal favorite player

Lol, he's only may favorite cause he's young and able to help the franchise. I'm in the Jimmiy Johnson/ Bill Parcells school of thought in keeping your young talent. When they get on the wrong side of 30 then it's time to start talking trades and contract dumping. Well Jimmy didn't really have to deal with such a rigid salary cap.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I want to say to you twist is We both know how each other fill about Dez it's no secret, but understand this it's nothing personal between us. We will not agree on everything, heck way may not even agree on most things. The good thing is we both remain passionate fans though.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, he's only may favorite cause he's young and able to help the franchise. I'm in the Jimmiy Johnson/ Bill Parcells school of thought in keeping your young talent. When they get on the wrong side of 30 then it's time to start talking trades and contract dumping. Well Jimmy didn't really have to deal with such a rigid salary cap.

The thing is not figuring out how to keep Dez.....

You have to figure out how to keep Dez AND Smith

You do not let a franchise 25 year old LT leave your team

and one that cost on average 5 million less a year than the receiver.

Can't protect your Qb ...... Wont matter who the receivers are

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Throw that idea out the window...... It will either be sign or let him walk at the end of next season

Yep, there's a 0% chance we can use the franchise tag. Which leaves signing him longterm now or trading him. If he hits FA, he might get $15/$16 a year, and then he's gone

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The WR tag might not be that high. The current cap is $123M. The projection is $126M next year and $133M+ in 2015. The Cowboys will also be out of the 2 year league cap penalty by then. Barring complete financial incompetence, (make your own jokes. Outside assistance isn't required), with $15M+ more cap space the situation should be much better. By then the situation with Ware and Austin will be resolved and there will be options with Romo.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I want to say to you twist is We both know how each other fill about Dez it's no secret, but understand this it's nothing personal between us. We will not agree on everything, heck way may not even agree on most things. The good thing is we both remain passionate fans though.

Dude you know I hold you in high reguard as a poster ....

It's the assholes that jump on here and bitch that erk me

If we have heard Jerry sucks 1000 times one more dumbass saying it brings nothing to the conversation.

I like debating and talking football. We've never called names or insulted ... and I doubt if we ever do man.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a bit further away than most Rams fans want to admit - which makes our trading less likely. Normally it's only teams desperate for 1 final piece of the jigsaw that trade for top veterans. The Rams will lose 4 of our best 6 OL this off-season. We also need a starting FS and DT. I'd take Dez off your hands but it might not help either team.

Either way Fastforward, yall are heading in the right direction. I think the Ravens are more of that ''one piece away type'' team, but Dez would be a player who could change everything for that Rams offense. On a side note, who do you want at 2 and 13? From the outside, I would think Jake Matthews and HaHa Clinton Dix

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR tag might not be that high. The current cap is $123M. The projection is $126M next year and $133M+ in 2015. The Cowboys will also be out of the 2 year league cap penalty by then. Barring complete financial incompetence, (make your own jokes. Outside assistance isn't required), with $15M+ more cap space the situation should be much better. By then the situation with Ware and Austin will be resolved and there will be options with Romo.

Cowboys currently walking into next season 25 million OVER the cap .... thats 25 million we have to restructure and push back

This is not a situation we will be out of anytime in the next 3 years

at some point we are going to have to lose players.... and the ones we have restructured now ..... dont save a dime cause they are the ones eating up so much of the cap

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys currently walking into next season 25 million OVER the cap .... thats 25 million we have to restructure and push back

at some point we are going to have to lose players.... and the ones we have restructured now ..... dont save a dime cause they are the ones eating up so much of the cap

Thats the thing, letting Hatcher, Spencer and Sims go does nothing to get us under the cap this year...in fact, we're gonna have to pony up some money to keep Bailey. We have to release guys and rework guys(pushing MORE money to next years cap), just to get under the Cap. And then we're faced with TSmith, Murray, and Dez all becoming FA's next year

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way Fastforward, yall are heading in the right direction. I think the Ravens are more of that ''one piece away type'' team, but Dez would be a player who could change everything for that Rams offense. On a side note, who do you want at 2 and 13? From the outside, I would think Jake Matthews and HaHa Clinton Dix
If it were down to me i'd trade both picks out of the top 20. I don't see the point in a great LT if you can't stop the rush up the middle. Pass protection is only as good as the weakest link. I'd rather have a bunch of lower and future picks which would give you greater opportunities to take BPA. The Rams need 3+ OL, FS, DT, CB QB. Not fussed on the order or who they get. If there was a top 5 pick QB still there at #13 i'd take him as insurance for Bradford not being ready in time. If we can't trade down from #2, (i'd be shocked), but i'd take Clowney. Bortles would be a possibility at this point. Much will change before May.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing, letting Hatcher, Spencer and Sims go does nothing to get us under the cap this year...in fact, we're gonna have to pony up some money to keep Bailey. We have to release guys and rework guys(pushing MORE money to next years cap), just to get under the Cap. And then we're faced with TSmith, Murray, and Dez all becoming FA's next year

Exactly those guys cost nothing against our cap next year ..... They arent even on the payroll for next year.

Thats why zero chance of resigning Hatcher.

move 25 million and make room for 8 more which is about what he will ask for? Thats a big LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were down to me i'd trade both picks out of the top 20. I don't see the point in a great LT if you can't stop the rush up the middle. Pass protection is only as good as the weakest link. I'd rather have a bunch of lower and future picks which would give you greater opportunities to take BPA. The Rams need 3+ OL, FS, DT, CB QB. Not fussed on the order or who they get. If there was a top 5 pick QB still there at #13 i'd take him as insurance for Bradford not being ready in time. If we can't trade down from #2, (i'd be shocked), but i'd take Clowney. Bortles would be a possibility at this point. Much will change before May.

I think thats a solid plan, especially with Fisher's eye for talent. However, from the outside, I have to tell ya, (and I know many will laugh at this), the best move for the Rams at 2 might be Johnny Football. I think the kid is going to be a Tony Romo clone in the Pro's, and believe me, that's a compliment in my book.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand the situation. The best way to resolve it is to release players who aren't worth their non-guaranteed 2014 salary values. That means releasing players like Ware. Cutting Ware saves $12M over 3 years in real money and against the cap. What doesn't help is cutting someone who still has a significant guarantee ahead and low non-guaranteed salaries. Inevitably 1 or 2 quality players will have to be released.

Just remember the state the Colts were in 2 years ago. Things can turn around quickly. Especially if the cap increases to $140M+ by 2016.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the situation. The best way to resolve it is to release players who aren't worth their non-guaranteed 2014 salary values. That means releasing players like Ware. Cutting Ware saves $12M over 3 years in real money and against the cap. What doesn't help is cutting someone who still has a significant guarantee ahead and low non-guaranteed salaries. Inevitably 1 or 2 quality players will have to be released.

Just remember the state the Colts were in 2 years ago. Things can turn around quickly. Especially if the cap increases to $140M+ by 2016.

Yeah, I hate to see Ware go, but it's pretty much a necessity. That said, Jerry will probably just extend him till he's 40 too lol

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're a bit off on your numbers ... but correct player.

Post june 1st cut ... ware would only save 7 million .... and would count 7 million in dead money the following year.

Another problem we have is we are already carrying so much in dead money into next season we could only do this with one player (big contract player) (( only allowed 25 million in dead money per season... as of next years cap))

No cut or trade saves money over 3 years ... before June 1st ... its a that year hit... after June first you can split the cap over ONLY 2 years)

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats a solid plan, especially with Fisher's eye for talent. However, from the outside, I have to tell ya, (and I know many will laugh at this), the best move for the Rams at 2 might be Johnny Football. I think the kid is going to be a Tony Romo clone in the Pro's, and believe me, that's a compliment in my book.
I don't see him as a potential #2 pick at this point. I'm still happy enough with Bradford. The issue is whether he'll be fit for 2014 and how difficult it might be to get a QB in 2015 if he regresses. The Rams have picks in a decent year for QBs. It's not essential to take 1 but even at $2.6M a #13 pick QB can sit on the bench. It's as much about finding a back-up/developmental QB that the team is happy with. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys take a QB in the top 4 rounds as well. It isn't a priority but it's financially prudent.