• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban Whining Again

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama should schedule Vandy as a non conference game

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing - The Indwelling. Lucifer is like a turbine engine inside Saban's mortal husk. Yeah, Nicky is gonna whine. Everyone knows this. It's not a secret.

The smell of brimstone, though... One of you damned Bammers is gonna have to explain what that's like. I'm never gonna be close enough to find out.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the Southern Miss game. In the 80's and 90's we used to play this game in Birmingham, because of the interest. Lots of good games in the series, even when we won.
I like Alabama-Southern Miss too! My first Alabama game was the Southern Miss game the week after Alabama beat Southern California in the Coliseum! :) BTW, the Eagles were a Bowl team last year. If they were playing most of the SEC, it would be considered a decent secondary G6 game.

What is lost in the conversation about the 11 am OOC games is why LSU gets to play all of their games like this (and they have 3) against GA Southern (Sun Belt), Northwestern State (FCS) and Utah State (MWC) are played at night?

Clowns like Brando get on their hypocritical high horse saying Alabama should play "Tougher teams" to avoid the 11 am spot and refer to their OOC schedule as "garbage", but LSU plays similar teams ALL at night - which was the point.

Don't get me wrong, I think Alabama should play tougher OOC teams (All P5 would be fine by me), but the responses about this issue are hypocritical and a red herring argument from apologists of other SEC teams who play 1 P5, 2 G5 and 1 FCS OOC games.

I also think Alabama whining about it is silly. It's hot in the South in September, and somebody has to play in the 11 am slot. I have no issue with Alabama having to do that from time to time. Also, if LSU gets to play all of their easy OOC games at night, that's cool too. It's not going to change what is going to happen on 11/2 - which matters the most for both of these teams this year.

Last edited:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so you miss Vandy too. you guys are devastated I'm sure. Then for sure its not on purpose because Vandy. (Eyes rolling).

I don’t miss anything. The point is we miss everyone except Tennessee 5/6 years. If that’s your point, fine. We agree. If not, you can stop with the “Alabama intentionally avoids Georgia and Florida” because it’s bullshit. Fact is, we pushed for 9 conference games and it was voted down. At a minimum it suggests that it is someone else doing the “avoiding”, not Bama.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t miss anything. The point is we miss everyone except Tennessee 5/6 years. If that’s your point, fine. We agree. If not, you can stop with the “Alabama intentionally avoids Georgia and Florida” because it’s bullshit. Fact is, we pushed for 9 conference games and it was voted down. At a minimum it suggests that it is someone else doing the “avoiding”, not Bama.

The we pushed for 9 conference games theory/excuse is pretty funny. It's like saying I'm trying to get Colin Kapernick voted grand dragon of the kkk. I can say I did bring it up . I also know it aint going anywhere. But I can claim I tried. You already know it's not going to happen when a lot of teams need those 4 cupcakes to make sure they make a bowl every year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing - The Indwelling. Lucifer is like a turbine engine inside Saban's mortal husk. Yeah, Nicky is gonna whine. Everyone knows this. It's not a secret.

The smell of brimstone, though... One of you damned Bammers is gonna have to explain what that's like. I'm never gonna be close enough to find out.
Have you seen the Tennessee football program lately? Pretty sure you are in hell now.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the Tennessee football program lately? Pretty sure you are in hell now.

Tennessee fans' trials began with the elevation of Mike Hamilton to Director of Men's Athletics, a position for which he had no qualifications. Since 2003, I have witness ineptitude at every level, culminating in the gridiron Vols' 2017 record of 4-8, 0-8, unprecedented in program history. Last year began another chapter, yet another AD and another coaching staff. Last year and this are a return to purgatory. Will we rise or sink? We can only wait and see. GBO.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The we pushed for 9 conference games theory/excuse is pretty funny. It's like saying I'm trying to get Colin Kapernick voted grand dragon of the kkk. I can say I did bring it up . I also know it aint going anywhere. But I can claim I tried. You already know it's not going to happen when a lot of teams need those 4 cupcakes to make sure they make a bowl every year.

Maybe y'all should try it, you might have made the Sun Bowl last year....

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and @7Samurai13, you deflection from Bammer smack to take a dig at Tennessee is petty, putting it politely. What the fuck is the matter with you? Do you hold some affection for Saban because of his brief association with MSU? Since that time, he's made a deal with the devil to escape the Miami Dolphins and deliver Baptist and Methodist souls to hell from Alabama. Under Saban's tutelage, the Crimson Tide have eaten Spartan young, 49-7 and 38-0. If you are a MSU fan, then you should spit upon his visage while you pray for his retirement.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and @7Samurai13, you deflection from Bammer smack to take a dig at Tennessee is petty, putting it politely. What the fuck is the matter with you? Do you hold some affection for Saban because of his brief association with MSU? Since that time, he's made a deal with the devil to escape the Miami Dolphins and deliver Baptist and Methodist souls to hell from Alabama. Under Saban's tutelage, the Crimson Tide have eaten Spartan young, 49-7 and 38-0. If you are a MSU fan, then you should spit upon his visage while you pray for his retirement.
Since when do I not take a shot at any program? I’m an equal opportunity mudslinger.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Tennessee has to progress before that strategy works for our football team...
You guys have Georgia State, UAB, and Chattanooga. on your schedule this season. If those are three of your games and you can't find a way to get three more wins then yup your teams got issues. lol. But I know how you feel. We got 5 wins last year . But out of three OOC games we had Notre Dame and Tejas.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee fans' trials began with the elevation of Mike Hamilton to Director of Men's Athletics, a position for which he had no qualifications. Since 2003, I have witness ineptitude at every level, culminating in the gridiron Vols' 2017 record of 4-8, 0-8, unprecedented in program history. Last year began another chapter, yet another AD and another coaching staff. Last year and this are a return to purgatory. Will we rise or sink? We can only wait and see. GBO.

As a child Fatty Fulmer once stole his cupcake on a flight from Atlanta to Detroit, or so I've heard. Thus resulting in a lifelong hatred of that snitching bitch.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have Georgia State, UAB, and Chattanooga. on your schedule this season. If those are three of your games and you can't find a way to get three more wins then yup your teams got issues. lol. But I know how you feel. We got 5 wins last year . But out of three OOC games we had Notre Dame and Tejas.

You also dodged Oregon State....

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they lose to all three, in invokes a little know clause in the SEC Covenant...we have an immediate vote to see which one replaces Tennessee for next season...1 down, 2 to go...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose to all three, in invokes a little know clause in the SEC Covenant...we have an immediate vote to see which one replaces Tennessee for next season...1 down, 2 to go...

lol. Just mean. I think they do that in most pro soccer leagues in europe and latin america. If you're in a upper leauge and you start to suck they can bring up a team thats doing well in the lower leagues.