• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban Whining Again

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your backup qb doesn't take a snap in the 4th quarter, you should expect that to happen.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of his points. The players do work hard and are among the best at what they do. They do deserve support. The games are the only real way for the students to support the team as a whole.
Now he could easily throw his 1's on the field the entire game and score at will, running up the score for gaudy stats, but thats not helping younger players get playing time. That is what some of these games are for. The students get to see a great team play. I remember when that wasnt so. Spoiled is a good word to use.
Complacent.

Even winning gets boring?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complacent.

Even winning gets boring?
Apparently it does. We havea close friend whose daughter is there now and she says many didnt want to go because they would only see the starters maybe 1 quarter and Bama would win easily. This has been almost every game this year so far. Tua has not played in the 4th quarter all year, and has barely played in the 3rd. Complacent is a good way to describe what is happening. I havent seen but a few teams I think will be a match for Bama, but time will tell.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a recruit ploy, he's trying to relate to millennials at his age by whining about everything.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty is his postgame tonight too....mrs Terry going make him run again?
Apparently New Mexico st was the only team in the country that would play them. Bama had no other choices

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently New Mexico st was the only team in the country that would play them. Bama had no other choices

giphy.gif

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of his points. The players do work hard and are among the best at what they do. They do deserve support. The games are the only real way for the students to support the team as a whole.
Now he could easily throw his 1's on the field the entire game and score at will, running up the score for gaudy stats, but thats not helping younger players get playing time. That is what some of these games are for. The students get to see a great team play. I remember when that wasnt so. Spoiled is a good word to use.
Why do they “deserve” support? If I’m a student are my Saturday night plans determined by nick saban? I don’t think so.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they “deserve” support? If I’m a student are my Saturday night plans determined by nick saban? I don’t think so.
115 wins since 2010 is why they deserve support from the fans. Wins are what people want to see. Saban and the players are providing those wins. The only way a student or fan has to support the team is to stay and cheer them on. That total by the way, is a record for all time wins by one team over a decade since the NCAA was created. Prior to that Penn had 128 wins. IF Bama wins out they will tie that record.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban is unhappy with the student body for not showing up to these non power 5 home games then maybe he should ask Byrne to schedule more home and home with other power 5 teams

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Bama play any OOC P5 opponents at home?

Says the fan of the team not playing P5 OOC opponents anywhere this year.

Based on how many days it has been since you beat a ranked OOC opponent I could understand not scheduling one of those, but no P5's at all...did you lose the phone number for Illinois and Rutgers...although based on their first two games and your first two games, that might be too much too. Although you lost to Cal last year too, so maybe they just have your number.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, when you ask the media to write stuff to get your team motivated there isn't much left

Jimmy Jam might want to try something...because that was two pretty uninspired performances by the quarterback whisperers team.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be mandatory for all P5 conferences to play 10 in-conference games (5 home & 5 away) with the 2 OOC games played vs opponents from the other P5 conferences (1 home & 1 away). Of course this would also mean the Big XII would need to add at least one new member.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When year after year after year you give the fans a shit sandwich for the home game slate, why the hell should fans buy season tickets? So they can watch their thrilling games against Mercer or New Mexico State? The only reason to go to games in person is for the atmosphere, but one kind of atmosphere do you get with Southern Miss?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When year after year after year you give the fans a shit sandwich for the home game slate, why the hell should fans buy season tickets? So they can watch their thrilling games against Mercer or New Mexico State? The only reason to go to games in person is for the atmosphere, but one kind of atmosphere do you get with Southern Miss?

Honestly, there isn’t much difference. The last time we played Southern Miss, we won 52-12. The last 2 times we played Sparty (both times as B1G champs) we won by a combined 87-7, an average of 40. The last time we played USC (and they finished #3), we won 52-6. The last 2 openers against ACC foes were won by a combined 93-17, with a TD in garbage time being the only reason that one wasn’t 40+.

No OOC P5 teams have managed to stay within single-digits in the regular season since 07, but sure, just stick a “P5” next to the name and it will somehow ensure a “competitive” game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, there isn’t much difference. The last time we played Southern Miss, we won 52-12. The last 2 times we played Sparty (both times as B1G champs) we won by a combined 87-7, an average of 40. The last time we played USC (and they finished #3), we won 52-6. The last 2 openers against ACC foes were won by a combined 93-17, with a TD in garbage time being the only reason that one wasn’t 40+.

No OOC P5 teams have managed to stay within single-digits in the regular season since 07, but sure, just stick a “P5” next to the name and it will somehow ensure a “competitive” game.

Well fuck then you guys should just play every game at home against 12 Alabama Jr High schools and call it a season.
Personally I like traveling to see a game against a school not in our conference and seeing their stadium their fans their traditions and see our team in a different environment after flying cross country . It's pretty cool and actually something special that only college has but something a Bama student or fan hasn't been able to do in more than a decade . But you guys would just win so whats the point right. Chattanooga and Mercer at home is just fine.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you agree that fans shouldn’t be paying for season tickets because Saban and Alabama have had no desire to play anyone of any substance at home.