• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban Whining Again

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Just mean. I think they do that in most pro soccer leagues in europe and latin america. If you're in a upper leauge and you start to suck they can bring up a team thats doing well in the lower leagues.
UCFHomer is now fully erect.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The we pushed for 9 conference games theory/excuse is pretty funny. It's like saying I'm trying to get Colin Kapernick voted grand dragon of the kkk. I can say I did bring it up . I also know it aint going anywhere. But I can claim I tried. You already know it's not going to happen when a lot of teams need those 4 cupcakes to make sure they make a bowl every year.

I’m not really sure what you would have us do about it. Saying we “avoid teams” with “avoid” intended intentionally is about as accurate as saying “USC avoids the NE Patriots.” But hey, technically it IS true.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The we pushed for 9 conference games theory/excuse is pretty funny. It's like saying I'm trying to get Colin Kapernick voted grand dragon of the kkk. I can say I did bring it up . I also know it aint going anywhere. But I can claim I tried. You already know it's not going to happen when a lot of teams need those 4 cupcakes to make sure they make a bowl every year.

I’m not really sure what you would have us do about it. Saying we “avoid teams” with “avoid” intended intentionally is about as accurate as saying “USC avoids the NE Patriots.” But hey, technically it IS true.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose to all three, in invokes a little know clause in the SEC Covenant...we have an immediate vote to see which one replaces Tennessee for next season...1 down, 2 to go...

Up your hole with a melOrol!

melorol_nickel.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do I think the school or coach tells who ever schedules football that they would rather not play someone? No of course not but it doesn't take a genius to see that the SEC conference does what ever it can to make sure its top teams have the best chance of getting into the playoffs. They make sure you only have 8 conference games, they OK playing every OOC game at home and maybe one at a neutral site, they make sure some power teams don't play others for 7 year stretches helping both by removing the possibly of them knocking out each other. The conference doesn't say anything about teams scheduling Citadel , Mercer and UAB teams the second to last game of the season giving them all a glorified bye with a win too boot. USC not playing the Patriots is a stupid comparison because well do I really have to spell it out? Alabama and Georgia are in the same conference . There's no excuse to have that much time between regular scheduled game. The fans of some of these teams don't care what one legged trucking school they play at home because they are about winning more than quality of opponents.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a child Fatty Fulmer once stole his cupcake on a flight from Atlanta to Detroit, or so I've heard. Thus resulting in a lifelong hatred of that snitching bitch.

Every time a Bammer cites Fulmer by name, an Alabamian loses a tooth.

Look at it this way, without Fulmer, you wouldn't have Saban. Phat Phil is indirectly responsible for the greatest run of success for Alabama football.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is not so hard to suss out. Butts in the seats, coins in the coffers. Member schools want so many home games every season. To accomplish that, they employ one-offs - single engagements with school teams willing to travel to the SEC stadiums for a paycheck. Well, it ain't hard to figure who that's gonna be - LSOPs.

Now, the reeking belligerence on the 6-1-1 conference schedule is indefensible. Goddam school poobahs have their heads up their asses on this. The answer is simple - go to a six and fully rotating two, or drop the divisions and fully rotate the eight-game merry go round such that every SEC team play every other SEC team at least once in each 4-year span. The 6-2 division schedule provides for a CCG pairing. A middle school science club could devise a formula for the no-division pairing of the two best teams in the CCG. Both of these options provide for up to 4 OOC home games for each school. Money money money mon-nay.

What about the two true traditional rivalries that cross divisions, UGA-Auburn and UT-Bama? In those years when the SEC doesn't pair them, they can use one of their OOC slots to schedule each other in a fashion that preserves the home & away order. Simple.

But, but, but, what about the perception that the strength of the SEC would place these four teams at a disadvantage for post-season participation? Really? What are you smoking? Such creature-under-the-bed fears aren't worth acknowledging, much less arguing, unless you're some desperate sports media hack dying for fodder to keep your job alive.

SEC schools will still schedule neutral site and home-and-away series with other P5s. It's good for exposure and recruiting to do this in moderation. That's never going to change (except for Florida, those fucking cowards).

There you have it. SEC solved. Convince the poobahs, and let CFB nirvana ensue.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think the school or coach tells who ever schedules football that they would rather not play someone? No of course not but it doesn't take a genius to see that the SEC conference does what ever it can to make sure its top teams have the best chance of getting into the playoffs. They make sure you only have 8 conference games, they OK playing every OOC game at home and maybe one at a neutral site, they make sure some power teams don't play others for 7 year stretches helping both by removing the possibly of them knocking out each other. The conference doesn't say anything about teams scheduling Citadel , Mercer and UAB teams the second to last game of the season giving them all a glorified bye with a win too boot. USC not playing the Patriots is a stupid comparison because well do I really have to spell it out? Alabama and Georgia are in the same conference . There's no excuse to have that much time between regular scheduled game. The fans of some of these teams don't care what one legged trucking school they play at home because they are about winning more than quality of opponents.

Again, what would you have ALABAMA do about it?

I couldn’t care less about thoughts on the rest of the SEC. I am specifically asking about ALABAMA. I hope that clears up the obvious confusion.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what would you have ALABAMA do about it?

I couldn’t care less about thoughts on the rest of the SEC. I am specifically asking about ALABAMA. I hope that clears up the obvious confusion.
Instead of complaining about your schedule and saying no one wants to come to Tuscaloosa and play them Alabama (Saban) could try scheduling better OOC games where Bama has to travel like the two they finally got recently. It's him scheduling those OOC games not the conference.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of complaining about your schedule and saying no one wants to come to Tuscaloosa and play them Alabama (Saban) could try scheduling better OOC games where Bama has to travel like the two they finally got recently. It's him scheduling those OOC games not the conference.

I’m fine with that, but it still doesn’t address the specific complaint about “avoiding Georgia” which generated my comments.