• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban finally speaks about 10 second rule

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omfg :puke:

Save your dramatic ooh poor us shit.

Head coaches across the country called this bullshit. I'll take their word over Bama fans with their heads so far up Sabans ass. It's like arguing with Obama voters who think he does no wrong.

So let me ask you then, do you not stand up for Stoops when he makes a comment? If you say no then you will lose credibility with me on many fronts because everyone knows you do no matter what was said.

Saban has clearly created a firestorm of controversy, but he is hardly alone in this but yet we never see one word mentioned on the other coaches who have spoken out. I dont see what the harm is at all to begin with if the ball is not snapped until the 27 or 28 second mark anyway on most cases, its much ado about nothing...that is except to give the Saban haters one more thing to loathe him for.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omfg :puke:

Save your dramatic ooh poor us shit.

Head coaches across the country called this bullshit. I'll take their word over Bama fans with their heads so far up Sabans ass. It's like arguing with Obama voters who think he does no wrong.

I think we may have a viable candidate for replacing Godwin's Law...

I think I'll call it Occ's Paradox...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes it is the best. Why do you need a package to stop the run anyway...the whole idea of defense is to stop the offense regardless of what play they run. But you (and Saban) are telling me that each play the offense runs needs a "special package" defense...

I didnt say each play and you putting words in my mouth shows I am striking a nerve. Rustled much?

Every team has package players for certain phases of defense, dont even tell me that yours doesnt. Nickel packages, dime packages, jumbo packages, all of these and more are well known and talked about at length in games, yet its only Saban's team that has them. Guess he coaches alot of teams then...even in the NFL.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say each play and you putting words in my mouth shows I am striking a nerve. Rustled much?

Every team has package players for certain phases of defense, dont even tell me that yours doesnt. Nickel packages, dime packages, jumbo packages, all of these and more are well known and talked about at length in games, yet its only Saban's team that has them. Guess he coaches alot of teams then...even in the NFL.

Yes, if someone thinks your comments are fucking stupid you must have "rustled" them and you should take pride in that personally. :L

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saban is still trying to convince everyone that its all about safety while everyone knows it's not.
Amazing really.

Now I know where their fans get it from.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if someone thinks your comments are fucking stupid you must have "rustled" them and you should take pride in that personally. :L

Congrats on me taking pride, not that I got rustled, just that i thought your response was fucking stupid:L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saban is still trying to convince everyone that its all about safety while everyone knows it's not.
Amazing really.

Now I know where their fans get it from.

shows you didnt read the article. typical though

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with slick Nick.

"So I think those are all issues that people need to look at. In the NFL, what they did is the officials stand over the ball until the officials are ready to call the game. All right, that's how they control the pace of play. The coach at Philadelphia ran 83 plays a game at Oregon, and ran 65 a game in Philadelphia. So why do they control the pace of play in the NFL? I mean, I'm just asking.
But anyway, there's just a lot of issues that need to be looked at, but I think the bottom line is, was football intended to be a continuous game?"

The game has changed radically towards a huge favor for the offense.

Our instant gratification society keeps pushing for more up tempo...everything. Faster, faster, faster. Is faster really better?

I want the best teams to win.

Why does every rule change have to be in favor of fast paced offenses? Isn't that a single niche of football? Why should that style be rewarded so handsomely?

maybe because there are 30 less players per team and the other teams control the ball better?

idiocy.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think that is what they meant by the question at all. But why does a team want to make this about scheming and the element of surprise and not about your best against our best. Personally i can accept losing if a team lines up and whips us, but to lose to a slight of hand trick or lining up 4.5 speedsters against linebackers is a mismatch and not playing your best against our best. Its deception and not necessarily seeing who the best team is, but who is better at getting back to the line with the fastest players, not best players necessarily.

because it's not a stand in one place and punch each other in the face game?

There's more to football than that.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shows you didnt read the article. typical though

well of course he wants to dilute the issue with other topics now that he's called out as a whiney bitch.
"it's like playing 4 extra games" bullshit. why isn't he calling for less games per year then. why don't we go back to 8 game seasons. It's because he didn't bring anything else up at the time that he's being called out on it now.

he wants everyone to think he brought it up because of noble reasons, but nobody is buying it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well of course he wants to dilute the issue with other topics now that he's called out as a whiney bitch.
"it's like playing 4 extra games" bullshit. why isn't he calling for less games per year then. why don't we go back to 8 game seasons. It's because he didn't bring anything else up at the time that he's being called out on it now.

he wants everyone to think he brought it up because of noble reasons, but nobody is buying it, except Bammers.

:fify:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he wants everyone to think he brought it up because of noble reasons, but nobody is buying it.

Were you in the committee meeting? do you know this bullshit you just wrote to be true or are you like every other asswipe on here that spouts off at the mouth and knows only what they want to hear. At some point you have to ask yourself if what you see and what you believe are the truth or if maybe you have a bias that keeps you from the belief in what someone says first off. I tend to trust until proven wrong, seems you leap to the side of disbelief immediately, which says more about you than anything.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama just needs to win another NC this year and shut everyone the fuck up! :yahoo: Thinking it is very possible. Problem is it will just bring something else for people to bitch about (oops- another hate on Bama post Charlie-since that seems all you got)

Charlie42, instead of just running your mouth I got a novel idea, post all these "everyone hates Bama" comments I make? Or you can be like everyone else and just say shit with nothing behind it. :noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a full on douche bag liar.

So you've met the man and know this for sure, or is this based on media perception and what you read by other posters.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you then, do you not stand up for Stoops when he makes a comment? If you say no then you will lose credibility with me on many fronts because everyone knows you do no matter what was said.

Saban has clearly created a firestorm of controversy, but he is hardly alone in this but yet we never see one word mentioned on the other coaches who have spoken out. I dont see what the harm is at all to begin with if the ball is not snapped until the 27 or 28 second mark anyway on most cases, its much ado about nothing...that is except to give the Saban haters one more thing to loathe him for.

Sure i would back stoops up on his comments when he complains about something. Most the time its legit and he is bitching about media, the NCAA or other coaches. What he doesn't do is put himself out there advocating a change in the rules with suspect motives.

It is no secret that Sabans rumblings about HUNH offenses began 6+ years ago and none of it was about safety. He used it as a recruiting tactic saying "these spread offenses don't prepare a player for the NFL". Now his opinion had evolved to its all about their "safety".

:bullshit:

You Bama fans are like ya ya 'nodding heads in' unison. Thankfully Stoops hasn't put his neck out there over some fake ass shit like this or I would probably look stupid too.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe because there are 30 less players per team and the other teams control the ball better?

idiocy.

Idiocy?

Maybe you should check your player participation reports after Oregon games.

The last 5 games of your season last year were as such: 47, 55, 46, 43, and 47. Fits awfully well into a 53 man NFL roster doesn't it?

But hey, that whole 30 less players per team thing sounds really neat doesn't it? Outside of a blowout, teams won't get past their 2 deep unless injuries come about. Your own team's participation report bears that out.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you've met the man and know this for sure, or is this based on media perception and what you read by other posters.

Based solely on how he handles himself in the public eye.

Maybe in private he's the nicest guy in the world, a great grandfather/father but we only see what we see and what we see is he's a douche bag liar.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiocy?

Maybe you should check your player participation reports after Oregon games.

The last 5 games of your season last year were as such: 47, 55, 46, 43, and 47. Fits awfully well into a 53 man NFL roster doesn't it?

But hey, that whole 30 less players per team thing sounds really neat doesn't it? Outside of a blowout, teams won't get past their 2 deep unless injuries come about. Your own team's participation report bears that out.

Do all players on a 53 man roster play typically? That's what I thought.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you in the committee meeting? do you know this bullshit you just wrote to be true or are you like every other asswipe on here that spouts off at the mouth and knows only what they want to hear. At some point you have to ask yourself if what you see and what you believe are the truth or if maybe you have a bias that keeps you from the belief in what someone says first off. I tend to trust until proven wrong, seems you leap to the side of disbelief immediately, which says more about you than anything.

Well then, tell me everything else he brought up at the time then.
Should be easy. All I saw reported was that one thing.
There must be multiple issues he talked about to the committee about player safety.