• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he ends up anywhere but DE. Our LB is full up and we don't need help there.

I've heard rumors we may be entertaining a 4-3 instead of 3-4, but no clue if that is correct. I thought it was kind of odd because you can always throw a LB on the line and get the 4-3 look.

I know at one point he was being recruited at LB for Bama for their 3-4 looks and a pass rushing DE in 4-3 looks. Just have to wait and see how he (and the scheme) develops.

If I were Saban I would gravitate toward an athletic 3-4 like Grantham used to run at UGA.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know at one point he was being recruited at LB for Bama for their 3-4 looks and a pass rushing DE in 4-3 looks. Just have to wait and see how he (and the scheme) develops.

If I were Saban I would gravitate toward an athletic 3-4 like Grantham used to run at UGA.

Only better:lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player safety.

:laugh3:

There are a million things that can be looked into in regards to player safety other than trying to limit the actual essence of the game.

You really don't believe its about Player Safety do you?

If so.......:lol:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a million things that can be looked into in regards to player safety other than trying to limit the actual essence of the game.

Player safety? Allow everyone to play a B1G schedule? :laugh3:

BTW, which B1G team is going to be the one this year that does decent? I know we still have to consider the competition level but hey we'll all still recognize a token one. :suds:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player safety? Allow everyone to play a B1G schedule? :laugh3:

BTW, which B1G team is going to be the one this year that does decent? I know we still have to consider the competition level but hey we'll all still recognize a token one. :suds:

That was about a 2 out 10 on the deflection scale.

You can do better than that.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to know more on the subject than a Neurosurgeon. Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to know more on the subject than a Neurosurgeon. Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Doesn't take a neurosurgeon to know that football is a dangerous sport. You want to be safe then don't play it.

Hiding behind a "player safety" as a reason to change the rules to suit ones style is the ultimate fail. :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you read the article in the OP, you'll see a doctor with 30 years in the game pretty much saying that there is very likely a link between the 2 and player safety.

And then there is this:

In-game fatigue influences concussions in nat... [Res Sports Med. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Now, me personally - my reasons for disliking it has nothing to do with player safety. But to say it doesn't exist at all would be false. My problems with it are the no substitution part. I have no issue with the no huddle, I have no problem with the hurry up part. But the no substitution part is lame, especially when the offense isn't even in hurry up mode and just goes to the line and they all turn their heads to the sideline for the play like a bunch of cats chasing a laser light.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the article in the OP, you'll see a doctor with 30 years in the game pretty much saying that there is very likely a link between the 2 and player safety.

And then there is this:

In-game fatigue influences concussions in nat... [Res Sports Med. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Now, me personally - my reasons for disliking it has nothing to do with player safety. But to say it doesn't exist at all would be false. My problems with it are the no substitution part. I have no issue with the no huddle, I have no problem with the hurry up part. But the no substitution part is lame, especially when the offense isn't even in hurry up mode and just goes to the line and they all turn their heads to the sideline for the play like a bunch of cats chasing a laser light.

None of you ever spoke on the matter till Lil' Nick started asking for favors. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of you ever spoke on the matter till Lil' Nick started asking for favors. :lol:

If you believe that then you don't read the forums very often.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are too stupid to figure out the answer on your own based on the exchanges so far - then :laugh3:

There is nothing to figure out. My statement appears to be true.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ability to prove me wrong = :lol: