• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ability to prove me wrong = :lol:

When you buy gas, do you assume it's free because nobody is standing there pointing out the price to you?

How many safety stickers have you forced companies to create in your years?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you buy gas, do you assume it's free because nobody is standing there pointing out the price to you?

How many safety stickers have you forced companies to create in your years?

When someone asks for your ID do you show it to them or do you make them take it out of your pocket?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone asks for your ID do you show it to them or do you make them take it out of your pocket?

I show it, but then I don't have to highlight every part of the information that is already available for them either. And I'm pretty sure most people would know the answer based on the responses that mock their ignorance.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I show it, but then I don't have to highlight every part of the information that is already available for them either. And I'm pretty sure most people would know the answer based on the responses that mock their ignorance.

But you do show it. That's what I thought.

Most people don't really feel like sifting through 1000's of post to try and prove someone else right.

So I will just go with my original statement as truth.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do show it. That's what I thought.

Most people don't really feel like sifting through 1000's of post to try and prove someone else right.

So I will just go with my original statement as truth.

Oh, but I'm expected to sift through 1000's of posts to prove it for you?

You can assume anything you want, but at the end of the day that's all it is - an assumption where you are being willfully ignorant of the reality because it suits your biases.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus 4D20, you are way too easy to rile up and troll.

The degradation of the board is nothing new. There was a lot of this last off season as well. Most of the sane people leave and find something else to do over the dead season. It's just the hard core, bored, and those who like to troll that are left.

Authority, 4D20 was talking about this subject much of last season. You really don't need to troll him for 20 posts about it.

Those who don't think the HUNH doesn't leave a greater chance of injury? Really? Is simple math that hard to follow? Every game is the same number of minutes. Teams that run the hurry up do not have as many clock ticks going between plays. They end up with more plays on offense, and defense despite whatever the other team is running because of it. More plays is more chances for freak accidents to happen which means more potential for injury. To argue against that is to show your stupidity. Nothing more to call it than that.

So the question is does that more exposure deserve a rule to stop it? NO. It's fucking football you pansies. The game has already been pussified and stripped down from what it once was. Adding in more plays or adding in more games for playoffs may add more risk, but that alone isn't enough to end them. There is risk in this game, what a shock.

Even with HUNH offenses today's game is safer than it was a few short years ago. The defenseless player bullshit has taken away many of the big hits we all enjoyed. Adding a few more plays does not offset what injuries that have been saved by those other rules.

Want to make the game safer for real? Put flags on them and take the pads off. Or make them go back to wearing leather helmets where hitting with your head would hurt you more than the other guy.

Otherwise stop buying into this culture of 'player safety' that has brainwashed some of you into thinking there is so way to make this a safe sport. It isn't, hasn't been, and won't be. EVER. Unless you make it into rugby again or some other nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when 4D20 was bad mouthing this board and promised he was leaving? WTF happened?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when 4D20 was bad mouthing this board and promised he was leaving? WTF happened?

He did that shortly after joining the board as well. It's kind of his thing. It's like cartman saysing 'screw you guys, I'm going home', but he never actually leaves.

I think he just forgot how things were up here over last off season as well.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus 4D20, you are way too easy to rile up and troll.

The degradation of the board is nothing new. There was a lot of this last off season as well. Most of the sane people leave and find something else to do over the dead season. It's just the hard core, bored, and those who like to troll that are left.

Authority, 4D20 was talking about this subject much of last season. You really don't need to troll him for 20 posts about it.

Those who don't think the HUNH doesn't leave a greater chance of injury? Really? Is simple math that hard to follow? Every game is the same number of minutes. Teams that run the hurry up do not have as many clock ticks going between plays. They end up with more plays on offense, and defense despite whatever the other team is running because of it. More plays is more chances for freak accidents to happen which means more potential for injury. To argue against that is to show your stupidity. Nothing more to call it than that.

So the question is does that more exposure deserve a rule to stop it? NO. It's fucking football you pansies. The game has already been pussified and stripped down from what it once was. Adding in more plays or adding in more games for playoffs may add more risk, but that alone isn't enough to end them. There is risk in this game, what a shock.

Even with HUNH offenses today's game is safer than it was a few short years ago. The defenseless player bullshit has taken away many of the big hits we all enjoyed. Adding a few more plays does not offset what injuries that have been saved by those other rules.

Want to make the game safer for real? Put flags on them and take the pads off. Or make them go back to wearing leather helmets where hitting with your head would hurt you more than the other guy.

Otherwise stop buying into this culture of 'player safety' that has brainwashed some of you into thinking there is so way to make this a safe sport. It isn't, hasn't been, and won't be. EVER. Unless you make it into rugby again or some other nonsense.

We were able to find statistics from 2012 concerning injuries and plays/game. It actually showed the opposite, that there were fewer injuries when the game was played faster. Even though it was an entire season and 120+ teams, it wasn't enough for the naysayers.

It's possible that fresher players are more likely to injure each other, because they will hit harder than a slightly winded player.
It's also more likely that teams which conduct lots of full action contact in practice will get more players injured, but we didn't hear Saban stating that they should ban that. I mean it's all about player safety, right?:scratch:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did that shortly after joining the board as well. It's kind of his thing. It's like cartman saysing 'screw you guys, I'm going home', but he never actually leaves.

I don't remember saying that last year. I do remember being told that maybe the board wasn't for me because I didn't like stupid shit.

I was going to leave after the latest crap, but I've instead decided to just give the shit back to people. Not usually my style to try and shit on other peoples teams, but fuck it if that's how people want to play it - I can be extremely nasty.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... or he expects everybody to fall in line with his way of thinking. That's not going to happen.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were able to find statistics from 2012 concerning injuries and plays/game. It actually showed the opposite, that there were fewer injuries when the game was played faster. Even though it was an entire season and 120+ teams, it wasn't enough for the naysayers.

It's possible that fresher players are more likely to injure each other, because they will hit harder than a slightly winded player.
It's also more likely that teams which conduct lots of full action contact in practice will get more players injured, but we didn't hear Saban stating that they should ban that. I mean it's all about player safety, right?:scratch:

Those stats were bullshit and not even close to being in the correct context for the discussion. It took overall injuries for teams without regard to who they were playing, how they happened or whatever. It also only counted injuries where a player then missed a start the next game, and ignored injuries where players played through it - which is what happens the majority of time.

If you want to see an actual study with links between fatigue and injuries:

In-game fatigue influences concussions in nat... [Res Sports Med. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... or he expects everybody to fall in line with his way of thinking. That's not going to happen.

I'd settle for a little intelligence in the responses rather than it being more like trying to argue with emotionally charged women.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Increasing the potential for injury is not the same as saying it guarantees more injuries. It's common sense that if playing football has injury risk then playing more of it also adds more risk. This just isn't that complicated. The more plays you run the more chance for injury, but how much more? Now that is open for debate. How many injuries do we have per game as it is? Average one a game maybe? One serious one every 3 games or so? Then adding 10% more plays equals the potential for one or two extra injuries per year. You'd have to follow a LOT of actual games to gather any reliable stats for something so random and even then they just would show how bad things were over that test span, not some more grand conclusion. I'm sorry, but stats don't work that way.

I don't remember saying that last year. I do remember being told that maybe the board wasn't for me because I didn't like stupid shit.

I was going to leave after the latest crap, but I've instead decided to just give the shit back to people. Not usually my style to try and shit on other peoples teams, but fuck it if that's how people want to play it - I can be extremely nasty.
You said several times in the first month you were here things to the effect of:
This is why I don't talk on forums. I don't know why I'm here. If this is how things are here I won't be here long.

No biggie to me. You survived it and found some decent friends while here. I'm sure you admit things were much better during the season than either last dead season or the start to this dead season right? If the trolls, whether they be mods or not, are making things that bad that you just don't like it then maybe just pop in less until next season and check back in. All good to me either way. I probably tried to run you off last year, but you survived it and I think I've given you respect since then.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lame: :L :lol:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... You'd have to follow a LOT of actual games to gather any reliable stats for something so random and even then they just would show how bad things were over that test span, not some more grand conclusion. I'm sorry, but stats don't work that way. ...

In this situation, it was every game played by FBS team in the 2012.

Many want to believe that more plays increases the chance of injury. However, the style of play is a greater factor.

HUND is less smash-mouth football and more speed and deception. This decrease the chance of injury.
Hard hitting smash-mouth football is more physical and increases the chances of injury. It just so happens that most of these teams take more time to run plays.
The data from 2012 indicated that more plays did not increase the chance of injury. From this can be taken that physical football with fewer plays has more chances for injury that fast HUND football.

Sometimes common sense isn't always right. Here's an example: Order can come out of chaos. Hence, Chaos Theory.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's like the girlfriend that breaks up with you, but then keeps calling everyday saying: "I'll give you one more chance".:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator: