• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I get the privilege of watching him continue to develop. Not a finished product in the least. The streak shows what he CAN do with a somewhat clean pocket. It doesn't show that he can walk on water.

If Rogers was 5 years younger, I'd still take him building my team.

You guys still haven't said who you'd take over him if you answer my question.
Talkng about this year: in no order
Tom Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Cam, Dalton, Palmer, Rodgers, Bortles(big year from him) and Mariota(I know he isn't better but I like him and this is coming from a guy that didn't like him in college.)

To build around: in no order
Rodgers, Big Ben, Dalton, Mariota, Cam, Carr, Bortles(this guy is having an impressive year with the poor Jags, 30 TDs). Then maybe Wilson. Remember money counts to this. Wilson would kill my Cap.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fvcking hell.

In the previous post, you JUST tried to give me the gears for a small sample size, and now you're going to appeal to ONE FVCKING PLAY????

You're not too bright. Really. Your fellow 9er posters should be embarrassed for you.
No im not basing this on 1 play. Overall I wouldn't want him. I don't think he would be good for SF. He needs to be on a team with a good D and a good running game. I just pointed out 1 Big Game/Play, just like you picked a small sample size. That 1 play didn't change my mind on who I think Wilson is.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he can. Just look at the 0-4 record against top teams. I agree with you Wilson is good and he has potential but I never see him living up to that 22 mill a year avg and ever becoming Elite. Elite is Top 3 maybe 4 in the league. I mean I think Cam and Dalton has passed Wilson. Again I said think so don't bash. U wont here me say Luck is good. I been knocking Luck for 2 years and got killed for it and looks like I was right. People thought he was Elite with out doing anything.

Well it was more like 7 games out of whatever the playoff number was. Was it impressive yes but nothing more same as Wilson streak. impressive but that's it.

Time will tell. You will always reduce it to some other factor being responsible for his success. If the D is playing well, it's the D. If the running game is going well, it's the rungame. Just not him.

As for the success against top teams, what's it been the last few years? Want to look up what his record his head to head against the other top QB's in the league?

It's GREAT.

But you'll reduce it to that being other factors.

Look, look up the stats for the Superbowl that we won if you want. Notice the rushing totals, particularly in the first half, when the game was still up for grabs.

Who was moving the chains (not being GREAT) but who was running the O, and putting points on the board, in his second year, on the BIGGEST STAGE IN PROFESSIONAL NA SPORTS?

That was Wilson.

Dalton? Maybe. Still to be seen when the pressure is on.

Cam? Maybe. But as I've noted already, I'd think a SF fan would be REAL careful about jumping to conclusions about freak athletes who have trouble putting touch on balls and routinely miss easy passes like swings to the flat.

At least you answered the question though.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talkng about this year: in no order
Tom Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Cam, Dalton, Palmer, Rodgers, Bortles(big year from him) and Mariota(I know he isn't better but I like him and this is coming from a guy that didn't like him in college.)

To build around: in no order
Rodgers, Big Ben, Dalton, Mariota, Cam, Carr, Bortles(this guy is having an impressive year with the poor Jags, 30 TDs). Then maybe Wilson. Remember money counts to this. Wilson would kill my Cap.

The money argument is waaay over-rated. Average starters are making 12 - 15 million.

Rodgers with 5 extra years on his lifespan? Sure.

Ben? Too old.

Covered two others upthread. Palmer? ANCIENT, c'mon now. You're STARTING a franchise. Brady? Same deal.

Bortles? What happened to your small sample size? You're guessing oh him. Carr? I like him too, but you're guessing with him too.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me followup with this point purguy...

You like Carr. Why?

I've been cautiously optimistic arguing about him on the general board too? Why? Because of his mental makeup. He doesn't get phased, doesn't get intimidated. When they played the Seahawks, he got beat, but he played well. He threw the ball with authority. He was a leader.

All those intangibles?

They're all things Wilson has too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money argument is waaay over-rated. Average starters are making 12 - 15 million.

Rodgers with 5 extra years on his lifespan? Sure.

Ben? Too old.

Covered two others upthread. Palmer? ANCIENT, c'mon now. You're STARTING a franchise. Brady? Same deal.

Bortles? What happened to your small sample size? You're guessing oh him. Carr? I like him too, but you're guessing with him too.
u didnt read my post right. please read again i even put it in bold between the 2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me followup with this point purguy...

You like Carr. Why?

I've been cautiously optimistic arguing about him on the general board too? Why? Because of his mental makeup. He doesn't get phased, doesn't get intimidated. When they played the Seahawks, he got beat, but he played well. He threw the ball with authority. He was a leader.

All those intangibles?

They're all things Wilson has too.
yeah but the difference carr is winning games with the raiders with out a top D and running game. he is the main focal point and like u said he isnt phased. now its up to the raiders to build around him. im not saying he is better then wilson but if i was starting a franchise i would take carr and his contract.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time it makes a difference, if things are going well he'll be making Wilson money.

15 miilion is the new normal.

You're hung up.

No point to this methinks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time it makes a difference, if things are going well he'll be making Wilson money.

15 miilion is the new normal.

You're hung up.

No point to this methinks.
No you said if I had to build a team now, so you have to take money into equation. Wilson at 22 mill hurts big time when you are building a team. Building needs a complete team to succeed. He has always had a goo to great D and a good to great running game. This takes a lot of pressure off of him. He doesn't have to do it all. Yes he has a bad Oline and the 1 thing I really like about Wilson is he can make nothing out of something but overall he is way over rated for the amount he is paid. He isn't an Elite QB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to pat myself on the back. I called this. On the NFL board from the start of the year I said the window was closing for Seattle. I got killed for it. I saw it coming. The D Isnt the same and Wilson cant carry an offense. The D and running game has covered up Wilsons Flaws the last couple of years.

Seattle isn't the same. wouldn't shock me if we see seattle cut a lot of players after this year. They are paying a lot of players big money and they cant improve. Giving Wilson that kind of money was a mistake just like Flacco getting that much because of 1 super bowl.
purguy, smartest guy on the intrawebz.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you said if I had to build a team now, so you have to take money into equation. Wilson at 22 mill hurts big time when you are building a team. Building needs a complete team to succeed. He has always had a goo to great D and a good to great running game. This takes a lot of pressure off of him. He doesn't have to do it all. Yes he has a bad Oline and the 1 thing I really like about Wilson is he can make nothing out of something but overall he is way over rated for the amount he is paid. He isn't an Elite QB.

Good luck in your future as a GM. You're going to need it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who watch film have said Wilson has not good from the pocket, It seems there are some people that are jumping the gun after only four games. We'll see what happens in the playoffs against better teams.

Is that why he is the highest rated QB in the league when throwing from the pocket?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for making the Internet the special place it is.

Well, when he comes out of nowhere onto our team board and calls me delusional he is going to get it back. I surely would never step onto your team board and call people on your team board names.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he can. Just look at the 0-4 record against top teams. I agree with you Wilson is good and he has potential but I never see him living up to that 22 mill a year avg and ever becoming Elite. Elite is Top 3 maybe 4 in the league. I mean I think Cam and Dalton has passed Wilson. Again I said think so don't bash. U wont here me say Luck is good. I been knocking Luck for 2 years and got killed for it and looks like I was right. People thought he was Elite with out doing anything.

Well it was more like 7 games out of whatever the playoff number was. Was it impressive yes but nothing more same as Wilson streak. impressive but that's it.

0-4 and in 2 of those games the other team scored with less than a minute to play to either take the lead or tie the game. But I guess that's his fault somehow.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stating what people have stated who have watched him play on film

Doesn't change the fact that he is the highest rated QB in the NFL when throwing from the pocket. 122.7

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when he comes out of nowhere onto our team board and calls me delusional he is going to get it back. I surely would never step onto your team board and call people on your team board names.
I am guessing, but you wrote "your a moron" and that is what prompted FH to respond that way..
I try not to be spelling or grammar police, but when you call someone a moron, proper spelling is important in that moment (otherwise, for sure one of those involved does in fact look like a moron).
You're a moron is the proper way to spell and punctuate what you tried to write.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing, but you wrote "your a moron" and that is what prompted FH to respond that way..
I try not to be spelling or grammar police, but when you call someone a moron, proper spelling is important in that moment (otherwise, for sure one of those involved does in fact look like a moron).
You're a moron is the proper way to spell and punctuate what you tried to write.

I don't know why he made that comment. But seriously, to play grammar police?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with Uhsplit. I noticed it too, right away. If you are going to call people morons, you better be clear that it's not the mirror to whom you are referring. (you want to look up who/whom, don't you?)

Cam Newton is putting up very RW like numbers this year. CN has a top 3 D, and a top 4 Rushing O.
Very similar to RW past. Carolina is 25th in passing yardage.

Yet, somehow, Cam Newton is the unanimous choice for MVP, with RW numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.