• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to be clear, playing a few games against poor opponents, then EVERY QB should have a three or four game streak like that... routinely... right?

Heh.

Awesome.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to be clear, playing a few games against poor opponents, then EVERY QB should have a three or four game streak like that... routinely... right?

Heh.

Awesome.

What? Who is saying " Every QB should do that " ?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Who is saying " Every QB should do that " ?

Why not? He's not elite, right? So if an average non-elite QB like Wilson, can go on an all time streak of four games, simply because he's playing a stretch of bad D's, then every average QB should be able to do the same...logically.

But sure, the Jimmy Clausens of the world, we can eliminate.

So where's all the other guys who've done it?

Playing bottom feeding D's happens every year. Where's the guys putting up 100+, three TD's and 0INTC per game?

I must have missed them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? He's not elite, right? So if an average non-elite QB like Wilson, can go on an all time streak of four games, simply because he's playing a stretch of bad D's, then every average QB should be able to do the same...logically.

But sure, the Jimmy Clausens of the world, we can eliminate.

So where's all the other guys who've done it?

Playing bottom feeding D's happens every year. Where's the guys putting up 100+, three TD's and 0INTC per game?

I must have missed them.

we're saying he's not elite. There is average, good, and elite QBs. Depends on what you consider elite. Comparing Wilson to Clausen is just silly

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're saying he's not elite. There is average, good, and elite QBs. Depends on what you consider elite. Comparing Wilson to Clausen is just silly

So your'e saying he's what, 'good,' right?

So where's the list of all the 'good' QB's that have done something like this, put up numbers like that against inferior D's? Where's the Matt Stafford's and Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the league, who have routinely put up stretches like this.

Yes, comparing Wilson to Claussen is silly. That's the point.

But where are all these 'good' QB's who can put up numbers like this?

They don't exist.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So where's the list of all the 'good' QB's that have done something like this, put up numbers like that against inferior D's? Where's the Matt Stafford's and Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the league, who have routinely put up stretches like this.

They don't exist.

So you are saying Wilson is an elite QB that is among the top 3 or 4 in the league?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Wilson is an elite QB that is among the top 3 or 4 in the league?

I think he has that upper limit, to be certain. I've put him in the next tier so far in his career. Ever since training camp his rookie year, I thought he had the potential to be 'special,' which is of course a subjective deal.
Detractors have always downgraded him because of the talent of the team.

I've always argued that his intangibles and work ethic mean he'll be successful at whatever level.

You're the 9ers GM, and you get to poach one QB from another team. You telling me that with Luck's struggles this year, Wilson isn't at the very least in your top few?

You could make an argument for Cam, but I'd think a 9ers fan would be gunshy over an athletic freak who has limited touch. :) Rogers, sure, but he's got years on him.

Carr? Winston, Mariotta? Maybe, but risky.

Plug in Wilson, and you get 10-13 years of leadership and production, and the ability to make the playoffs, and even win a S.Bowl if you have enough talent.

No brainer really.

Who else you got?

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to mention the super bowl caliber roster ALL AROUND Wilson..... When they weren't playing well early in the year, he couldn't carry the team if his life depended on it.. I heard seahawk fans questioning him and his worth left and right. Then the defense starts playing better and they start winning.... And its a huge circle jerk over wilson yet again in Seattle.

Its comedy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't exist.
Who cares about the streak. What is 4 games nothing. LOL Its not a big deal. If your argument is supported by this then u have no chance. That's like saying Murphy from the NY mets is the best home run hitter ever because of what he did in that 7 game stretch. LOL No he got hot at the right time. that's all it is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has that upper limit, to be certain. I've put him in the next tier so far in his career. Ever since training camp his rookie year, I thought he had the potential to be 'special,' which is of course a subjective deal.
Detractors have always downgraded him because of the talent of the team.

I've always argued that his intangibles and work ethic mean he'll be successful at whatever level.

You're the 9ers GM, and you get to poach one QB from another team. You telling me that with Luck's struggles this year, Wilson isn't at the very least in your top few?

You could make an argument for Cam, but I'd think a 9ers fan would be gunshy over an athletic freak who has limited touch. :) Rogers, sure, but he's got years on him.

Carr? Winston, Mariotta? Maybe, but risky.

Plug in Wilson, and you get 10-13 years of leadership and production, and the ability to make the playoffs, and even win a S.Bowl if you have enough talent.

No brainer really.

Who else you got?
No because Wilson wouldn't last in SF. Our team is a mess right now. I wouldn't want Wilson on my team. Wilson depends too much on D and running game. Last super bowl they tried to make him throw the ball to win the game and guess what INT game over.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to mention the super bowl caliber roster ALL AROUND Wilson..... When they weren't playing well early in the year, he couldn't carry the team if his life depended on it.. I heard seahawk fans questioning him and his worth left and right. Then the defense starts playing better and they start winning.... And its a huge circle jerk over wilson yet again in Seattle.

Its comedy.

Every fanbase has it's reactionary tools. Seahawks are no different. If those guys had their way we'd have gotten rid of half the coaching staff.

And c'mon. Wilson (according to his detractors) was weak in the pocket), and the run has been entirely from the pocket. So Seattle fans shouldn't be optimistic about that?

Screw that.

You guys are going to strain something here.

But hey, it's entertaining, and will mean great fodder going forward. Keep it up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about the streak. What is 4 games nothing. LOL Its not a big deal. If your argument is supported by this then u have no chance. That's like saying Murphy from the NY mets is the best home run hitter ever because of what he did in that 7 game stretch. LOL No he got hot at the right time. that's all it is.

Heh. His numbers THIS YEAR, even before the streak, speak for themselves. And that was him being the most chased and hit QB in the league (which he was last year all year too)

The stretch is what he can accomplish with a reasonably clean pocket.

Will he play like that always? Of course not.

Can he be elite and carry a team with his arm? I think the answer to that is yes. We'll see. The streak sure suggests that there's potential.

7 games out of 182 = 4 games out of 16?

Again, you're going to strain something, but keep it up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because Wilson wouldn't last in SF. Our team is a mess right now. I wouldn't want Wilson on my team. Wilson depends too much on D and running game. Last super bowl they tried to make him throw the ball to win the game and guess what INT game over.

Holy fvcking hell.

In the previous post, you JUST tried to give me the gears for a small sample size, and now you're going to appeal to ONE FVCKING PLAY????

You're not too bright. Really. Your fellow 9er posters should be embarrassed for you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fanbase has it's reactionary tools. Seahawks are no different. If those guys had their way we'd have gotten rid of half the coaching staff.

And c'mon. Wilson (according to his detractors) was weak in the pocket), and the run has been entirely from the pocket. So Seattle fans shouldn't be optimistic about that?

Screw that.

You guys are going to strain something here.

But hey, it's entertaining, and will mean great fodder going forward. Keep it up.

People who watch film have said Wilson has not good from the pocket, It seems there are some people that are jumping the gun after only four games. We'll see what happens in the playoffs against better teams.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how would he not survive? Seattle's O line has been a 'mess' for nearly two years now. Look at the stats. (last 4 games excepted)

He not only survived, he got within one play of his second consecutive superbowl.

Try some logic.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how would he not survive? Seattle's O line has been a 'mess' for nearly two years now. Look at the stats. (last 4 games excepted)

He not only survived, he got within one play of his second consecutive superbowl.

Try some logic.

He got there all by himself?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who watch film have said Wilson has not good from the pocket, It seems there are some people that are jumping the gun after only four games. We'll see what happens in the playoffs against better teams.

Sure, I get the privilege of watching him continue to develop. Not a finished product in the least. The streak shows what he CAN do with a somewhat clean pocket. It doesn't show that he can walk on water.

If Rogers was 5 years younger, I'd still take him building my team.

You guys still haven't said who you'd take over him if you answer my question.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got there all by himself?

He's the straw. <shrug>

I argued with Seahawk fans about this too. Seattle has been passing to set up the run for nearly three seasons now. That's even with a healthy Lynch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. His numbers THIS YEAR, even before the streak, speak for themselves. And that was him being the most chased and hit QB in the league (which he was last year all year too)

The stretch is what he can accomplish with a reasonably clean pocket.

Will he play like that always? Of course not.

Can he be elite and carry a team with his arm? I think the answer to that is yes. We'll see. The streak sure suggests that there's potential.

7 games out of 182 = 4 games out of 16?

Again, you're going to strain something, but keep it up.
I don't think he can. Just look at the 0-4 record against top teams. I agree with you Wilson is good and he has potential but I never see him living up to that 22 mill a year avg and ever becoming Elite. Elite is Top 3 maybe 4 in the league. I mean I think Cam and Dalton has passed Wilson. Again I said think so don't bash. U wont here me say Luck is good. I been knocking Luck for 2 years and got killed for it and looks like I was right. People thought he was Elite with out doing anything.

Well it was more like 7 games out of whatever the playoff number was. Was it impressive yes but nothing more same as Wilson streak. impressive but that's it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also nice for Wilson to rely on the D and the running game. That helps Wilson a lot. I mean last year in the playoffs the Defense/Special teams almost scored more points then the offense in the playoffs. That is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.