• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he not won a Super Bowl 2 years ago how short would his leash he right now? Better year than Kaep but that's not saying much. Seattle's offense has been pretty bad this year. He's not playing up to his contract and I still they wont be able to build a winning team around him at his current price.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he not won a Super Bowl 2 years ago how short would his leash he right now? Better year than Kaep but that's not saying much. Seattle's offense has been pretty bad this year. He's not playing up to his contract and I still they wont be able to build a winning team around him at his current price.

There's only so much that Wilson can do to save his mess of an offense. I still think he's one of the best QB's in the league. He's not really having a bad season, but he is struggling against a tough D tonight.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only so much that Wilson can do to save his mess of an offense. I still think he's one of the best QB's in the league. He's not really having a bad season, but he is struggling against a tough D tonight.

I wouldn't go that far. He is a good QB. Probably the best at scrambling and extending plays. But he isn't that good playing out of the pocket. They have an awful oline and that no doubt is a big issue but some of it is on Wilson too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to pat myself on the back. I called this. On the NFL board from the start of the year I said the window was closing for Seattle. I got killed for it. I saw it coming. The D Isnt the same and Wilson cant carry an offense. The D and running game has covered up Wilsons Flaws the last couple of years.

Seattle isn't the same. wouldn't shock me if we see seattle cut a lot of players after this year. They are paying a lot of players big money and they cant improve. Giving Wilson that kind of money was a mistake just like Flacco getting that much because of 1 super bowl.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same excuse for Kap but Kap gets killed for it. Wilson deserves a longer leash because he did win a Super bowl but overall he is an Avg QB. The D and Running game is the main reason they were so good. Not Wilson.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some interesting posts this morning. The running read option QBs are getting exposed. Defenses have figured out how to control them. Wilson is the best of that group but teams have slowed them all down.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks defense is the big problem.

While their offense has been inconsistent, they have had 4th quarter leads in all 9 games.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, he hit Jimmy Graham in the hands 4 or so times last night that were dropped. The Hawks can't block a running play without holding someone, 3rd and 15 every damn possesion. He's made some poor decisions this year more than years past, but to try and put Kaep in Wilson's league, come on man.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, he hit Jimmy Graham in the hands 4 or so times last night that were dropped. The Hawks can't block a running play without holding someone, 3rd and 15 every damn possesion. He's made some poor decisions this year more than years past, but to try and put Kaep in Wilson's league, come on man.
Kap has struggled mightily this year. Our oline is as bad. Wilson has some of the same issues Kap has only Kap has more issues and are worse in nature

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some interesting posts this morning. The running read option QBs are getting exposed. Defenses have figured out how to control them. Wilson is the best of that group but teams have slowed them all down.

I've always thought of Wilson as a good passer. His running is a plus for me. People are saying he's having a bad season, but his 91.7 passer rating for the season is not so bad.

Defense ends and linebackers have gotten smaller and faster, it seems. Read option QB's have changed the game in that way, I think. They pointed out on TV last night that one of the linebackers was only 211 lbs. (can't remember if he was on AZ or SEA).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the heck is going on with Jimmy Graham? Maybe Michael Bennett hurt his feelings.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same excuse for Kap but Kap gets killed for it. Wilson deserves a longer leash because he did win a Super bowl but overall he is an Avg QB. The D and Running game is the main reason they were so good. Not Wilson.

Wilson's better than average. If he's not elite, then he's right at the doorstep. He's got a ring and he's got the numbers to back him up. People keep saying he's having a bad year, but he's still at 91.7 passer rating for the season and 97.4 for his career. His best receivers are an unspectacular Doug Baldwin and an underperforming Jimmy Graham.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought of Wilson as a good passer. His running is a plus for me. People are saying he's having a bad season, but his 91.7 passer rating for the season is not so bad.

Defense ends and linebackers have gotten smaller and faster, it seems. Read option QB's have changed the game in that way, I think. They pointed out on TV last night that one of the linebackers was only 211 lbs. (can't remember if he was on AZ or SEA).
Cosell did an analysis of Wilson on KNBR. While he makes great plays out of the pocket, he often fails to make routine plays within the pocket. He often flees the pocket even when there isnt immediate pressure causing him to miss plays on the field.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's better than average. If he's not elite, then he's right at the doorstep. He's got a ring and he's got the numbers to back him up. People keep saying he's having a bad year, but he's still at 91.7 passer rating for the season and 97.4 for his career. His best receivers are an unspectacular Doug Baldwin and an underperforming Jimmy Graham.
I don't think he is close to elite. Good but not elite and he may never get there.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is close to elite. Good but not elite and he may never get there.

I agree that he is a good QB, not quite elite, but much better than Kap. I know that he is certainly not average, like Purguy has stated. If Wilson is average, then Kap must be garbage.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosell did an analysis of Wilson on KNBR. While he makes great plays out of the pocket, he often fails to make routine plays within the pocket. He often flees the pocket even when there isnt immediate pressure causing him to miss plays on the field.

Maybe it's because of his height.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he is a good QB, not quite elite, but much better than Kap. I know that he is certainly not average, like Purguy has stated. If Wilson is average, then Kap must be garbage.

It isn't just a QB issue but a number of things. Look at Green Bay, they have the best QB in the league and their offense has really been struggling in recent games. I don't think Rodgers all of sudden became an average QB.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Passer ratings are up across the league. 91.7 was good five years ago. It's only 16th this year. 16th out of 32 starting QB positions in the NFL is not good. it is average.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Peyton Manning? Kind of sad to see a legend going out this way. He looked awful yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.