• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Not Afraid Of "The Curse Of Tebow"!

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One can "wait" again, can't one?

(CBS Seattle) — Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson made an appearance for a Q&A session at The Rock Church in San Diego over the weekend. Wilson, who is openly devout (and often posts scripture from his official Twitter account) helped lead a discussion about about his faith, his family, and his relationship with singer Ciara.

The Church’s Pastor Miles McPherson and Wilson carried on with casual banter — McPherson even got a playful jab in about Wilson’s height (“What are you, about 5’9”? he asked; “Yeah, 5’8”’ joked Wilson).

Wilson admitted he wasn’t always as devout as he is today, saying that when he was young he used to go to church to see a crush; however, he began to foster his faith as he grew older. According to Wilson, at 14 he dreamt that his father passed away, and Jesus walked into the room and told him “I’m preparing you.” This moment, and a number of other moments Wilson discusses in the video, have helped shape his faith.

Wilson also spoke about his relationship with his girlfriend, singer Ciara [Harris].

“She’s everything you could ever want, honestly. She’s a special girl. I met her I don’t know how long ago… five, six months ago. Funny thing is, I told somebody ‘that’s the girl I want to be with’ before I even met her.

“She’s been through some heartaches too, I’ve been through some heartaches. I was married before. I married the person I was with in high school since I was like 15 years old, that didn’t work out, unfortunately. But for me, I just trusted that God would do the healing process… I met this girl named Ciara, who is the most beautiful woman in the world; the most kind person, the most engaging person; I could probably learn more from her.”

Wilson added that he and Ciara have made the decision to remain celibate until marriage:

“She was on tour, she was traveling, and I was looking at her in the mirror… and she was sitting there and God spoke to me and said ‘I need you to lead her’… and so I told her right then and there, what would you do if we took all that extra stuff off the table, and did it Jesus’ way?

“For me, I knew that God had brought me into her life to bless her, and for her to bless me. And to bless so many people with the impact that she has [and] that I have. We’re not going to be perfect by any means — you know, life’s not perfect, nobody is perfect. But he’s anointed both of us. I know that he’s calling for us to do something miraculous., something special. And I told her, and she completely agreed with the fact that… ‘can we love each other without that?” And if you can love somebody without that, then you can really love somebody.”

Wilson joked that the decision to remain celibate in a relationship can be a tough one. “I ain’t gonna lie to ya’ll now, I need you to pray for us.” he said. “If there’s a 10, she’s a 15. So I need ya’ll to pray for me.”

Russell Wilson Appears In Church Q&A; Talks Faith, Abstinence CBS Seattle

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Russell eventually building up his confidence to not only "witness" but to preach as well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped at "The Rock Church" :bullshit:

"Openly devout" puhlease.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to let Ciara know that I'm available if she needs any "maintenance" done since Wilson has put his tools away.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did NOT want to start the post about the RW audio/(video) feed with a pastor.
I love my Seahawk QB, but.................wow, he is over the line. Way Over.

3 steps GOD spoke to him???????????????????? (Tell me I heard him wrong, and he said something different).

OK, this may be taken out of context, I have no answer. I wish I did!
RW has, yes HAS, lost credibility with me (or NOT). GHSTM also. (God has spoken to me)

When he says "God spoke to me after the Int, what does he mean?
Did he actually have a voice speak in his head?
Did he have an idea of what God might have said?
I believe in God, but I have never heard the voice.
I'm confused, does RW hear God and I don't?
Do you hear God?
12/25/2005 means a lot to my Family. But God did NOT speak to me OR any of my Faithful Family, even though GOD had plenty of warning time, yet RW says within 3 steps GOD spoke to him. ??????

For all Believers, what does RW really mean when he says "God spoke to me and SAID"

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not afraid of anything, except va-jay-jay

Who is he, AC Green?

Basketball great A.C. Green is best known for two things. One is his ironman record of playing in 1,192 consecutive games spanning 16 seasons.

The other is inevitably, if a little disrespectfully, also called an endurance record — remaining a virgin until he married earlier this year at the age of 38.

For years, Green has been an active campaigner for sexual abstinence — and he practiced what he preached.

NBA Ironman Proud to Be a Virgin Until 38 - ABC News

What It Was Like Being The Only Virgin On Magic's Hypersexed Lakers

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did NOT want to start the post about the RW audio/(video) feed with a pastor.
I love my Seahawk QB, but.................wow, he is over the line. Way Over.

3 steps GOD spoke to him???????????????????? (Tell me I heard him wrong, and he said something different).

OK, this may be taken out of context, I have no answer. I wish I did!
RW has, yes HAS, lost credibility with me (or NOT). GHSTM also. (God has spoken to me)

When he says "God spoke to me after the Int, what does he mean?
Did he actually have a voice speak in his head?
Did he have an idea of what God might have said?
I believe in God, but I have never heard the voice.
I'm confused, does RW hear God and I don't?
Do you hear God?
12/25/2005 means a lot to my Family. But God did NOT speak to me OR any of my Faithful Family, even though GOD had plenty of warning time, yet RW says within 3 steps GOD spoke to him. ??????

For all Believers, what does RW really mean when he says "God spoke to me and SAID"

Well, God also told him that there were Seahawks fans before 2011 as well so maybe he's telling the truth.

Oh wait, never mind.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, God also told him that there were Seahawks fans before 2011 as well so maybe he's telling the truth.

Oh wait, never mind.

Welcome to jump on the CLUELESS bandwagon Rex Loser. You realize.........no you don't. I'll stop there.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hit that and just who the fuck does he think he's kidding? OF COURSE they're having sex. They're in their 20s for "God's" sake.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fans are so cute. Like newborns en sech.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A black Jesus lover? Liberal media has never been so conflicted.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less. Just get the Seahawks back to the Super Bowl, Russ. What you do with your cock is irrelevant to me.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans have been down this road before with Shaun Alexander. Although RW might have taken it up a notch. But whatever, who cares. Lots of people are religious and that's their choice. If I'd had Wilson's success at such a young age I might think there was a higher power guiding me too. And as for God "speaking" to him, well maybe he means it literally and he'll soon be growing a long beard and building a giant floating zoo, or maybe he just means he attributes that little voice in all our heads as being God. Personally he can believe in Scientology or Satanism as long as he keeps getting us to the Superbowl.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, imagine how good he would be if he was getting a little. I like RW but that is some wrong headed archaic shit.