• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VEGAS BABY!!
I can’t see Russell ever running the sophisticated routes that Gruden loved to proclaim his offense runs. Are Raiders a QB away from being a Super Bowl caliber team?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO DUDE....This remains a LOL at you

You suck like few others here.
Wear it proudly and be all you can be.

Your tears are delicious as usual this morning with muh coffee

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol .... Donald beats everyone like a step child.... Russ has actually done well against him considering... BUT it’s tough when Donald gets past the blocker in .2 seconds ...

He has a special love for Russ tho

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. Drew Brees the guy he is compared to except Drew Brees gets the ball out and moves inside the pocket. Russell’s first instinct is to always leave the pocket. This isn’t a slam on Russ because no way are the Seahawks better without him. But if he is going to complain then look in the mirror when whining about them. If he wants to talk legacy then be realistic about his ceiling. Just be a man about it.

Wilson has been stuck behind sub-par O-Lines for years. He's finally tired of running for his life back there.

During the last Rams game, the Rams were often on him within 2 steps of the drop back. That's insane.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been stuck behind sub-par O-Lines for years. He's finally tired of running for his life back there.

During the last Rams game, the Rams were often on him within 2 steps of the drop back. That's insane.

I like Dak.

But the Wee One with all those Dallas receivers and a half assed O line along with a running game?

Count me in.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would ya believe Wilson left Wisconsin as the all time NCAA passing efficency leader for a season?

He is still the only QB to post two 100 or better passer rating their first two seasons.

He is the only QB to ever pass for over 4000 yards, run for over 500 yards and have 30 or more TD passes in a season, and he is 15 yards short of doing that three times.

His nine season stats the best we have ever seen. And he is already among the top 20 passing TD's, will pass Montana next season.

It took him awhile to get out from under, BEASTMODE/LEGION OF DOOM......but he finally did and is what he always was one of the top 3/4 QB's in the NFL.

You keep a Russell Wilson, you do what he wants done.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Would ya believe Wilson left Wisconsin as the all time NCAA passing efficency leader for a season?

He is still the only QB to post two 100 or better passer rating their first two seasons.

He is the only QB to ever pass for over 4000 yards, run for over 500 yards and have 30 or more TD passes in a season, and he is 15 yards short of doing that three times.

His nine season stats the best we have ever seen. And he is already among the top 20 passing TD's, will pass Montana next season.

It took him awhile to get out from under, BEASTMODE/LEGION OF DOOM......but he finally did and is what he always was one of the top 3/4 QB's in the NFL.

You keep a Russell Wilson, you do what he wants done.
Despite all of that they haven't been out of the NFC Divisional round since their last Super Bowl and the playoff wins they do have since than haven't been them slaying any dragons. They needed Blair Walsh to miss an easy gaming winning FG, they beat the Lions, and they beat up a hobbled Eagles team last year.

As good as he's been in the regular season he really hasn't been all that special in the playoffs. He's had some special moments and I'm not remotely saying he's a bad playoff QB but he's not one of the great playoff QBs either.

And I'm not saying that they should get rid of him because I'd get rid of Carroll personally and I've said that the past couple of years.

Given the years of playoff futility they've had I just don't think you can run back a Carroll and Wilson combo and expect a different outcome.

With the cap space they have they really aren't going to field a much better roster unless they really just knock the draft out of the park and you're hoping that the new OC is a noticeable upgrade over the old one which is questionable because Wilson still isn't happy even though he was part of the process to hire him. Makes you wonder if he was just picking the less smelliest turd in the bowl that he had to choose from.

I just think it all boils down to the fact Wilson does not trust Carroll with the offensive side of things. Not with the offensive personnel and not with what Carroll wants to be done on offense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, putting aside the distractions for just a moment, we maybe need to look at Pete Carroll and his over the top loyalty to what has proven to be sub standard assistant coaches. He finally gave in before 2019 and got rid of Tom Cable who proved time and again that he can't coach an Oline for shit. Obviously, there were some talent deficiencies there but we see guys like Callahan bring in dudes off the street and make them at least serviceable. The last 3 years, Ken Norton has been running the defense because he's Pete's friend and yes man. And despite Schneider selling out to bring in talented players, it is still a weakness. It did improve in the back half last year so we will see how they do when healthy in 2021.
People keep posting that this noise should have stayed behind closed doors. Maybe partly true. But maybe Russ has expressed concerns to Pete behind those doors and felt Pete did not really listen. I don't know, nobody but those guys know. But this team is stuck in make the play-offs and done mode. And maybe it has less to do with talent and more to do with the man in charge being unable to adapt to the situation and making tough decisions for the betterment of the team. The fact that Oline play has continued to be a glaring weakness for so long makes no sense in modern football. And no, you don't have to sacrifice other areas like defense to, at the very least, make that group above average.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off... I'm glad Snuggy hasn't found this thread

Fwiw, putting aside the distractions for just a moment, we maybe need to look at Pete Carroll and his over the top loyalty to what has proven to be sub standard assistant coaches. He finally gave in before 2019 and got rid of Tom Cable who proved time and again that he can't coach an Oline for shit. Obviously, there were some talent deficiencies there but we see guys like Callahan bring in dudes off the street and make them at least serviceable. The last 3 years, Ken Norton has been running the defense because he's Pete's friend and yes man. And despite Schneider selling out to bring in talented players, it is still a weakness. It did improve in the back half last year so we will see how they do when healthy in 2021.
People keep posting that this noise should have stayed behind closed doors. Maybe partly true. But maybe Russ has expressed concerns to Pete behind those doors and felt Pete did not really listen. I don't know, nobody but those guys know. But this team is stuck in make the play-offs and done mode. And maybe it has less to do with talent and more to do with the man in charge being unable to adapt to the situation and making tough decisions for the betterment of the team. The fact that Oline play has continued to be a glaring weakness for so long makes no sense in modern football. And no, you don't have to sacrifice other areas like defense to, at the very least, make that group above average.

You may be on to something....

After every elimation I look back and say...

"What was wrong, what went right?"

It always been the same Thing...

Ol since 2013
Secondary since 2016
Pass rush since ^^^^^^

Maybe what needs to change is not those positions. Maybe it's how Everyone inside of the organization looks at those positions

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh....

THAT'S WHAT AN OFFENSE LINE LOOKS LIKE...

I'm sorry. Its been a while since I have seen one.
Where is that pic where pretty much all of our Oline missed there blocks and are laying on the ground......Cracks me up

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor single example. There are 8 guys blocking. Even then, the rusher on the far left is coming clean around the end.

Not hard to provide at least some protection when only 2 guys are running routes.

The easiest solution: His $35 million salary is a roadblock on the issue. If Wilson really wants a better Oline then maybe he and the team could come to a restructure agreement where whatever he wants to concede will directly go into the OL budget.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor single example. There are 8 guys blocking. Even then, the rusher on the far left is coming clean around the end.

Not hard to provide at least some protection when only 2 guys are running routes.

The easiest solution: His $35 million salary is a roadblock on the issue. If Wilson really wants a better Oline then maybe he and the team could come to a restructure agreement where whatever he wants to concede will directly go into the OL budget.
Dense? Its a joke.........and a shot at the seahawks O-line, assumed that was kinda evident.