• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dense? Its a joke.........and a shot at the seahawks O-line, assumed that was kinda evident.
It is evident. Its just that it is a really poor example because anyone that looks closely at the picture will see it makes the Raiders' OL look weak, which makes the "joke" lame.

Try harder next time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is evident. Its just that it is a really poor example because anyone that looks closely at the picture will see it makes the Raiders' OL look weak, which makes the "joke" lame.

Try harder next time.
Again, dense. Not looking for “great examples”

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. Drew Brees the guy he is compared to except Drew Brees gets the ball out and moves inside the pocket. Russell’s first instinct is to always leave the pocket. This isn’t a slam on Russ because no way are the Seahawks better without him. But if he is going to complain then look in the mirror when whining about them. If he wants to talk legacy then be realistic about his ceiling. Just be a man about it.

They run different offenses.Brees gets the ball out quick because they run routes where the ball can get out quick. And every audible I've seen Wilson call it's the same thing, a draw. The reason they run that shit is because it worked and Pete liked it because it was low risk. Pete's living in a fantasy land where Wilson is still 24 and can run the scramble drill, Lynch is still in the backfield, and the LOB is still out there in their prime. He needs to drop that, focus on what he knows which is defense, and get a guy who knows offense run it without interference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees has an actual NFL quality offensive line.
The Saints had a guard Seattle cut. Brees got a center because Russell wanted Jimmy Graham.
Getting the ball out faster directly helps an offensive line.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been stuck behind sub-par O-Lines for years. He's finally tired of running for his life back there.

During the last Rams game, the Rams were often on him within 2 steps of the drop back. That's insane.
The problem is your first and sentences are they correlate to each other. And, Russell was not getting hit within 2 steps. The Hawks line has never been anywhere near what the Chiefs put out against the Bucs, but the positive part of his game is he is elusive but the negative part is his first instinct is to act like Mahomes had to.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They run different offenses.Brees gets the ball out quick because they run routes where the ball can get out quick. And every audible I've seen Wilson call it's the same thing, a draw. The reason they run that shit is because it worked and Pete liked it because it was low risk. Pete's living in a fantasy land where Wilson is still 24 and can run the scramble drill, Lynch is still in the backfield, and the LOB is still out there in their prime. He needs to drop that, focus on what he knows which is defense, and get a guy who knows offense run it without interference.
They do run different offenses of course. Russell Wilson won’t ever be able to run that style off offense just as Drew Brees could never operate the same Wilson. Outside of height they are two different players.

Pete may be living in a fantasy land, but the defense went from a historic low to one of the better ones in the league once the whole Russ cooking thing turned into a turnover fest. The Seahawks won’t be better without but they will never have an offensive line that is heralded but people need to quit pretending the line has always been garbage. Russell Wilson has former lineman who have left him and become pro bowlers and or quality starters.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do run different offenses of course. Russell Wilson won’t ever be able to run that style off offense just as Drew Brees could never operate the same Wilson. Outside of height they are two different players.

Pete may be living in a fantasy land, but the defense went from a historic low to one of the better ones in the league once the whole Russ cooking thing turned into a turnover fest. The Seahawks won’t be better without but they will never have an offensive line that is heralded but people need to quit pretending the line has always been garbage. Russell Wilson has former lineman who have left him and become pro bowlers and or quality starters.

How do you know that he'd never be able to do that? The guy's a top tier elite qb. Why not figure it out on the field vs just dismissing it without trying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints had a guard Seattle cut. Brees got a center because Russell wanted Jimmy Graham.
Getting the ball out faster directly helps an offensive line.

You should try watching a game. It's hard to get the ball out quickly when you drop back and the defense is getting to the spot at about the same time you are.

The bottom line is, the Seahawks have had a subpar o-line for years. They used to be able to get away with it, but they can't anymore. You're pretty much the only one trying to say the o-line is fine, it's not. If it's not the players, it's the scheme...likely it's both.

The Seahawks have spent less on the o-line than any other position group. There's no getting around that. Think about that, Wilson is the best player in Seahawks history and is the most valuable asset on the team. Yet they've spent the least amount of money on the group whose job is to protect him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete may be living in a fantasy land, but the defense went from a historic low to one of the better ones in the league once the whole Russ cooking thing turned into a turnover fest.

Yeah, I'm sure upgrading 2 important positions had nothing to do with the improvement of the defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russ will look great in Black & Gold.

Just saying

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm baffled as to why anyone thinks there is a chance in hell that the Seahawks would even consider trading Russ.

Putting aside his actual value as a QB, the Seahawks would take a 39 MILLION dollar cap hit if they traded Wilson. So they would almost certainly have to cut other players just to stay under the cap after the trade assuming they took on no new salary.

Team Russ is trying to pressure the Hawks to spend money on the OL. Who knows it it works but I get the reasoning.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm baffled as to why anyone thinks there is a chance in hell that the Seahawks would even consider trading Russ.

Putting aside his actual value as a QB, the Seahawks would take a 39 MILLION dollar cap hit if they traded Wilson. So they would almost certainly have to cut other players just to stay under the cap after the trade assuming they took on no new salary.

Team Russ is trying to pressure the Hawks to spend money on the OL. Who knows it it works but I get the reasoning.

The irony of these QBs getting these massive deals is that the team can't spend top dollar on an O-line. He's earned his contract to be sure, but it becomes difficult to work around.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

If it was just about the OL he would've just left it at "I get hit too much" but letting it leak that he stormed out of a meeting and especially giving a list of teams you'd play for likely means you have one foot at the door.

By listing the teams you'd play for just encourages those teams to call and letting the Seahawks know your disgruntled makes them more willing to listen.

Because of the cap hit I doubt he gets dealt but I'm guessing part of the play for Wilson's camp is too take a shot at it anyways since maybe the Hawks get an amazing offer and deal with the cap hit because the draft picks would be worth it in the long run.

The other part is they know 2021 isn't likely but they are planting the seeds for 2022 and that's a more realistic period for a trade.

Just think it boils down to Russ doesn't have confidence in Carroll's vision and the handling of the personnel on offense and I think he believes the Hawks aren't going to extend him when it comes time to extend him so he'd rather move on now while he's still on the younger side than wait until he's 35 or 36.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was just about the OL he would've just left it at "I get hit too much" but letting it leak that he stormed out of a meeting and especially giving a list of teams you'd play for likely means you have one foot at the door.

By listing the teams you'd play for just encourages those teams to call and letting the Seahawks know your disgruntled makes them more willing to listen.

Because of the cap hit I doubt he gets dealt but I'm guessing part of the play for Wilson's camp is too take a shot at it anyways since maybe the Hawks get an amazing offer and deal with the cap hit because the draft picks would be worth it in the long run.

The other part is they know 2021 isn't likely but they are planting the seeds for 2022 and that's a more realistic period for a trade.

Just think it boils down to Russ doesn't have confidence in Carroll's vision and the handling of the personnel on offense and I think he believes the Hawks aren't going to extend him when it comes time to extend him so he'd rather move on now while he's still on the younger side than wait until he's 35 or 36.

Perhaps. Or maybe Team Russ is just setting the narrative to control his image. I honestly think this will be Pete's last year unless they get to the Super Bowl. He's turning 70 this season. And he if does leave, Wilson is going to want to have a ton of input into who the next HC will be.

There is no offer that the Seahawks could get that would make any sense for them. The cap hit would be massive and there would be almost no chance that they could be a playoff team without Russ. Any possible deal would be based entirely on picks and the Seahaws would then be forced to either play a rookie QB or a journeyman QB.

Why in the world would soon to be 70 year old Pete Carroll want to do that? Because he saw how much fun Bill Bellicheck had last season? The surest way for Pete Carroll to damage his image would be for him to move Russ and then wind up 5-11.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of these QBs getting these massive deals is that the team can't spend top dollar on an O-line. He's earned his contract to be sure, but it becomes difficult to work around.

It's the nature of the game. And it's one of the reasons why Tom Brady was so successful. He wasn't nearly as concerned about being the top paid QB in the league as he was about winning Super Bowls. It didn't hurt that his wife was making more money than he was.

If Russ were serious about improving the team he would go to Schneider and tell him that he would be willing to take a paycut if it meant bringing in guys like Brandon Scherff or Joe Thuney or Taylor Motton.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is so stupid, trying to come up with insane scenarios of the Boys and Seahawks swapping quarterbacks and picks. Why would Seattle do that? Let me downgrade at quarterback and have a quarterback who is delusional and thinks he should be getting elite money.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is so stupid, trying to come up with insane scenarios of the Boys and Seahawks swapping quarterbacks and picks. Why would Seattle do that? Let me downgrade at quarterback and have a quarterback who is delusional and thinks he should be getting elite money.

Cowherd is a moron, but Dak is not out of line to want big money considering what Goff, Wentz, Garoppolo and Cousins are all making.