• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on whose making the offer I wouldn't settle for less than 3 1st round picks unless players are involved if I'm Seattle.

You might take two 1sts and a 2nd if the Jets and Dolphins are calling because the 2nd and 3rd overall picks are so valuable but any other team it'd be 3 1st rounders.

But I'm not really giving up more than 3 1st rounders because Wilson is going to be 33 this year and he's taken a lot of hits so I'd be hard pressed to give up the farm for a guy that you're not quite sure how much more MVP level play you'll get out of him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you pay a guy like Russell Wilson you have to draft well over the course of a decade. I'm not sure the Seahawks have quite done that. That said, I don't think Wilson leaving would be smart. Seahawks have been a major player in the NFC for awhile. Should still be one next year if they makes moves to fix their secondary.

Rams should implode in 1-3 years without top draft picks. Bucs should take a step back without Brady in 1-3 years. Packers might take a step back in 1-3 years if they move on from Rodgers. Saints are probably rebuilding this year. No idea how good the Cards and Niners will be long term. NFC East is coming off a year where they were the worst division in football.

Wilson should be able to compete in that environment as long as Seattle does at least a serviceable job of giving him talent through the draft.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him to the Jets. Be careful what you ask for Russ

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Russell for Watson and a 3rd. Watson is a has leverage. Wilson is just getting bad advice.
You're nuts...evidence....when he gets traded somewhere else. If they could get Watson for Russ and a 3rd, why is he gonna be a Jet or Saint lol. Seattle would make that deal in a second.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Russ is open to 4 teams: Dallas, Vegas, Chicago, and New Orleans.

Curious what fellow Dallas fans would think about having him over Dak? Seems like we need the picks but who knows how Dak comes off this injury.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious what fellow Dallas fans would think about having him over Dak? Seems like we need the picks but who knows how Dak comes off this injury.
Isn't New Orleans cap space something like -$70 million?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd still lean on him being a Hawk in 2021 but the odds of him being on a different team have gone up.

All of this noise is almost certainly being leaked by Wilson's camp to encourage teams to keep calling the Hawks and for the Hawks to be more willing to listen to offers.

Not sure if anything will happen before June 1st because of the dead cap hit but if the offer is good enough they might eat it and just consider 2021 a retooling year.

Early favorites for me are the Raiders. Grudan is the type that would overpay and they can offer Carr in the package whose kind of the perfect Pete Carroll QB. Not an elite guy that's going to command top dollar but still pretty good and only making 20 million a year. I'm sure in Pete's mind with Carr and the picks to strength the roster he can compete.

Dallas would be another team likely to be in the mix. They have a quality pick at 10 and this would be a perfect out for Jones and the Dak mess. With Wilson you have a better QB at what you were probably going to pay Dak anyways and everybody in the NFL world would be singing your praises. Let's not forget all those merch sales that Wilson would bring as people with their Dak jerseys and gear glady buy their Wilson jerseys and ger.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ would take you guys to another level... Definitely open a potential title window... Dak has been spoiled behind that line with a top running back... Russ would flourish there and he knows it... Dak would have been benched behind our line the last several years...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers said Wilson has told the Seahawks that he wants to play in Seattle but if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders and Chicago Bears.

4zhkkl.jpg

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers said Wilson has told the Seahawks that he wants to play in Seattle but if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders and Chicago Bears.

4zhkkl.jpg
Must of said the Bears by accident

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4zhkkl.jpg

If O-line is his big issue, the Bears isn't much better than the Seahawks is.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being sacked 40 times a year says different. Granted, it's not all on the line. Some is scheme. You have to run plays that hide your o-lines weaknesses as much as possible. Some is Wilson trying to keep plays alive too long. There are a few times a game where I find myself yelling "Just throw it away" at my tv.

But most of it falls on the o-line and maybe the o-line coach for not developing them. But the Seahawks have spent less on the o-line than on any other group.
I am not saying the offensive line is great but I think the blame falls on them way too much because Russell has to hold onto the ball too long when it isn’t a deep ball because he cannot see to throw guys open underneath. And once every defense decided to put two high safeties and take away his deep ball then he wasn’t a good quarterback. Russell Wilson is still a top flight QB in the league, but he needs to look in the mirror when he throws everyone under the bus.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas and NO for sure, but why would he want to go play for Gruden? Seems like every other team in league would a fit over the Raiders.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying the offensive line is great but I think the blame falls on them way too much because Russell has to hold onto the ball too long when it isn’t a deep ball because he cannot see to throw guys open underneath. And once every defense decided to put two high safeties and take away his deep ball then he wasn’t a good quarterback. Russell Wilson is still a top flight QB in the league, but he needs to look in the mirror when he throws everyone under the bus.
I thinking the same on not seeing the underneath players. Never made sense to me to be blaming the OC or Pete for RW not throwing to those open underneath players.That’s on him entirely.

Last edited:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Seahawks FO finds the mind they've clearly lost and listen to him. PC's clueless on offense and it's becoming clear that you can last a long time even if you suck if you kiss his ass (Norton) but if you get out of line you're gone (Schottenheimer).

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point if the Seahawks could, just trade him to the Jags, show him was a bad situation actually looks like