• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Seattle would take 50M plus dead cap hit.
That rules out Dallas....why would they take that hit plus have to pay Dak 40M per

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing is crazy. They sign him to a huge deal, he goes 11-5 and then 12-4, and there's trade talk because he wants a say into how the offense is run? PC and Schneider need to lay off the crack pipe. This is a 6-10 team at best without Wilson.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying the offensive line is great but I think the blame falls on them way too much because Russell has to hold onto the ball too long when it isn’t a deep ball because he cannot see to throw guys open underneath.

Except there are other short QB's who don't have that problem. It's an o-line issue. It becomes a problem when the defense is coming through practically unblocked and/or his o-linemen are being pushed back into his face. Solid o-line play provides the sight lines he needs.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and NO for sure, but why would he want to go play for Gruden? Seems like every other team in league would a fit over the Raiders.

VEGAS BABY!!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except there are other short QB's who don't have that problem. It's an o-line issue. It becomes a problem when the defense is coming through practically unblocked and/or his o-linemen are being pushed back into his face. Solid o-line play provides the sight lines he needs.

You got to be big ben size to stand up in the pocket and see clear over these monsters. Wilson's got a high release point and a strong, long arm. If not seeing over the line is the bar then there's no point drafting a guy under 6'4". And Brees never had a problem throwing a seam route and he's just about the same height Wilson is.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see how the Seahawks can trade him regardless of what he wants. The cap hit would be way more than they handle this year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you pay a guy like Russell Wilson you have to draft well over the course of a decade. I'm not sure the Seahawks have quite done that. That said, I don't think Wilson leaving would be smart. Seahawks have been a major player in the NFC for awhile. Should still be one next year if they makes moves to fix their secondary.

Rams should implode in 1-3 years without top draft picks. Bucs should take a step back without Brady in 1-3 years. Packers might take a step back in 1-3 years if they move on from Rodgers. Saints are probably rebuilding this year. No idea how good the Cards and Niners will be long term. NFC East is coming off a year where they were the worst division in football.

Wilson should be able to compete in that environment as long as Seattle does at least a serviceable job of giving him talent through the draft.

Have you looked at the 1st rounders Seattle has picked the past 10 years? Lolol

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilsons first nine seasons are the best we have ever seen if talking wins/stats. What is the problem?

He now has the best pair of receivers he has ever had, he has a stud RB. Work it out!

Actually doubt anything comes of this.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked at the 1st rounders Seattle has picked the past 10 years? Lolol
As much as I want to laugh at the Rams for trading away all of their picks, I see teams like the Seahawks, Raiders, and Patriots and think that they might have a point.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilsons first nine seasons are the best we have ever seen if talking wins/stats. What is the problem?

He now has the best pair of receivers he has ever had, he has a stud RB. Work it out!

Actually doubt anything comes of this.

Carson's a FA and he's gone. I hope he cashes in somewhere because he's a boss and gave everything for this team. But theSeahawks can't afford him.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson's a FA and he's gone. I hope he cashes in somewhere because he's a boss and gave everything for this team. But theSeahawks can't afford him.
Nobody will give Carson a big contract over any length of time due to his injury issues. He will probably be a prove it deal guy this coming year.

That is why Carson was po'd at the end of the year. His own stated goal last year was to stay healthy so he could prove he was worthy of a big contract. Instead he got injured. Then he was listed week to week for a bunch of weeks so an injury some speculated might only be 2 weeks best case scenario, but it went on for what? 5-6 weeks? There were rumors that Carson felt he was ready to go several weeks earlier, and might resent the coaches and/or team doctors for not letting him return sooner.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list..

Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears

Sounds like someone tryna get out of the NFC West cuz Aaron Donald is beating him like a step child

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to laugh at the Rams for trading away all of their picks, I see teams like the Seahawks, Raiders, and Patriots and think that they might have a point.

1st rounders are great to have. But the million dollar questions is — Are late 1st rounders in the same pool as 2nd and 3rd rounders and I say absolutely.

Cooper Kupp, John Johnson both in 3rd round
Tyler Higbee 4th round

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a no-trade clause so he could veto that trade.

Yep, that’s correct, he has a no trade clause, he’s not signing if he’s not happy with the location... His demands are pretty clear, Dallas, Chicago, Saints, Raiders, .... And he’s not demanding a trade, but is open to it if Seattle chooses to ... I’m hearing Chicago is aggressively trying, making multiple calls trying to push a deal ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list..

Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears

Sounds like someone tryna get out of the NFC West cuz Aaron Donald is beating him like a step child

Lol .... Donald beats everyone like a step child.... Russ has actually done well against him considering... BUT it’s tough when Donald gets past the blocker in .2 seconds ...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. Drew Brees the guy he is compared to except Drew Brees gets the ball out and moves inside the pocket. Russell’s first instinct is to always leave the pocket. This isn’t a slam on Russ because no way are the Seahawks better without him. But if he is going to complain then look in the mirror when whining about them. If he wants to talk legacy then be realistic about his ceiling. Just be a man about it.