• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running Backs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“He has improved his status tremendously from where he was,” Fears told reporters. “If you remember, he couldn’t even get started on the right day, he couldn’t quite finish the conditioning test. So he started out in the tank. He has climbed out of there.”

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris, Michele, Stevenson, Taylor and White far exceeds the stable of any other team in the NFL.

I agree. If these guys can stay healthy it will be holy shit!

Nothing against Bolden but he needs to be the odd man out if there needs to be one.

I'd really really really like to see Jakob Johnson on the team as well but something's got to give. We're likely not keeping everybody.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing against Bolden but he needs to be the odd man out if there needs to be one.

I'd really really really like to see Jakob Johnson on the team as well but something's got to give. We're likely not keeping everybody.
Why wouldn't BB just designate a ST spot if he wanted to keep Johnson? I think Bolden is out too

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jakob will be one of the backup TE's. They really want to keep him.
53 is going to be tough!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all can agreed the RBs looked great, and we are all talking about them but are we giving credit where credit is due? I love watching O Line play and this O line looks pretty damn good, and they know when to release and get down field to pick up blocks. How good would the RB corp look without that line play?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill ain't dealin' him. Certainly not to keep Bolden.

Harris, Michele, Stevenson, Taylor and White far exceeds the stable of any other team in the NFL.

Add that talent to running behind a top rated offensive line and there is not a defense that stand up to the constant pounding. Considering how many teams aren't even playing their starters in the preseason, what would make them think that those same guys will be ready for full contact foot ball in 17-20 days?

Bill Belichick's start of contact by red zone and goal line circumstances might be a secret that keeps Patriot players on the field until mid February.
If Bill gets an offer for a 3rd or 4th for White and keeps Bolden, he's cashing in on that offer in a heartbeat.
Vs keep white and cut Bolden for nothing? Nope.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jakob will be one of the backup TE's. They really want to keep him.
53 is going to be tough!
I agree. It's why I opened the discussion about Slater. I love that guy but he's near the end and we can use every spot for guys we really think have a future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for us to Ax him... Just to weigh it as an option amongst a lot of other options... I laugh when folks say we should stash Taylor on the PS when after just the one cut the whole league took notice.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's why I opened the discussion about Slater. I love that guy but he's near the end and we can use every spot for guys we really think have a future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for us to Ax him... Just to weigh it as an option amongst a lot of other options... I laugh when folks say we should stash Taylor on the PS when after just the one cut the whole league took notice.
I think Slater stays until he hangs them up.
He is a Junior Seau type player that if he were on another team this late in his career, Bill would take him. He's not letting him go unless he asks to go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Slater stays until he hangs them up.
He is a Junior Seau type player that if he were on another team this late in his career, Bill would take him. He's not letting him go unless he asks to go.
Sorry, but I hope you're wrong.

Unlike Seau, Bolden only gets on the field very infrequently. We have plenty of leaders, we don't need a one dimensional leader. We have too much potential talent on this squad.

If keeping Bolden means no Jakob that would be a crying shame.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Seau, Bolden only gets on the field very infrequently. We have plenty of leaders, we don't need a one dimensional leader. We have too much potential talent on this squad.
No one gives a rat shit about Bolden. I believe YT was talking about Matthew Slater who's been a stalwart ST Captain for the past ten years.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I hope you're wrong.

If keeping Bolden means no Jakob that would be a crying shame.
Slater and Bolden don't even sound the same or read the same....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have had "Bolden on the brain" for years!
Quite possibly?

The point remains the same. Slater is/was an exception. He's getting a little long in the tooth. Now if BB were to only keep him and not take up three roster spots with other guys who only play STs I'd be ok. This year is going to be tough letting some of this young talent go because three rosters spots are held up by the three afermentioned.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point remains the same. Slater is/was an exception. He's getting a little long in the tooth. Now if BB were to only keep him and not take up three roster spots with other guys who only play STs I'd be ok. This year is going to be tough letting some of this young talent go because three rosters spots are held up by the three afermentioned.
Bolden isn't seeing any playing time other than ST. He has not made any plays of note.

Bethel has been playing every game as a safety and ST. He's made some good plays and he's made made a few bad ones. There may not be a spot for him even as a versatile ST/safety.

Slater is like having a ST coach on the field and he sets the mark for others to follow. He's 'long in the tooth' in age terms only. He can still run a fast 63 yards and down a football inside the five yard line before anyone else can get there. He's not afraid to call someone out or make sure that they get noticed and get credit. It's hard to find guys like that who lead by example.

Right now, Slater is the only keeper.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden isn't seeing any playing time other than ST. He has not made any plays of note.

Bethel has been playing every game as a safety and ST. He's made some good plays and he's made made a few bad ones. There may not be a spot for him even as a versatile ST/safety.

Slater is like having a ST coach on the field and he sets the mark for others to follow. He's 'long in the tooth' in age terms only. He can still run a fast 63 yards and down a football inside the five yard line before anyone else can get there. He's not afraid to call someone out or make sure that they get noticed and get credit. It's hard to find guys like that who lead by example.

Right now, Slater is the only keeper.
Bolden has been an effective ST'er and a useful backup at RB. He can catch out of the backfield as well.
He took of last year because of covid and has not been able to practice after a year off.
We'll hate to see him go but remember, we cut him in 2018. We have too many RB's right now. He is the least productive at this point in his career.

ST's have some new blood this year so I'm not sure about Bethel. If Bolden is cut, It helps Bethel's chances?
Slater stays until the wheels fall off.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for an update on our RB situation:

Damien Harris -
last year in Pats uniform.
Rhamondre Stevenson - will be our top RB this year. Just getting started!
James White - not currently ready to play after serious surgery. Only $500k guaranteed cut savings over $1
Tye Montgomery - looks like a replacement for White. Can save $1.3 cut him with no Guaranteed money. Might need him now
Pierre Strong 4.37 speed - replacement for Harris or White.- BB does not like to start rookies!
Kevin Harris - Big bruising downhill runner. Sharp cuts but not fast. Hard to bring down. Has good hands and can catch over shoulder. Rookie will likely redshirt this year until he learns to pass block and pick up blitzes. Excellent run blocker.
JJ Taylor - no guaranteed money, saves us $1million when cut.
Devine Ozighbo already released. Saves us $1 million - capable back was odd man out and mercy early release

We have 2 big strong capable backs and a 9 year vet recovering, 2 good new backs and an unknown in Ty Montgomery who can absolutely replace White if neccessary but is 8 year vet who has never had a 500 yard season. Ben Vareen type who never lived up to his opportunity.

What would you do? This year and next

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for an update on our RB situation:

Damien Harris -
last year in Pats uniform.
Rhamondre Stevenson - will be our top RB this year. Just getting started!
James White - not currently ready to play after serious surgery. Only $500k guaranteed cut savings over $1
Tye Montgomery - looks like a replacement for White. Can save $1.3 cut him with no Guaranteed money. Might need him now
Pierre Strong 4.37 speed - replacement for Harris or White.- BB does not like to start rookies!
Kevin Harris - Big bruising downhill runner. Sharp cuts but not fast. Hard to bring down. Has good hands and can catch over shoulder. Rookie will likely redshirt this year until he learns to pass block and pick up blitzes. Excellent run blocker.
JJ Taylor - no guaranteed money, saves us $1million when cut.
Devine Ozighbo already released. Saves us $1 million - capable back was odd man out and mercy early release

We have 2 big strong capable backs and a 9 year vet recovering, 2 good new backs and an unknown in Ty Montgomery who can absolutely replace White if neccessary but is 8 year vet who has never had a 500 yard season. Ben Vareen type who never lived up to his opportunity.

What would you do? This year and next
Damien Harris - last year in Pats uniform. Maybe. I see Bill trying to get more out of him than just letting him walk though.
Rhamondre Stevenson -
will be our top RB this year. Just getting started! Agreed.
James White
- not currently ready to play after serious surgery. Only $500k guaranteed cut savings over $1 IR again to ride out the season then retire?
Tye Montgomery -
looks like a replacement for White. Can save $1.3 cut him with no Guaranteed money. Might need him now He was insurance on White until Strong was drafted.
Pierre Strong
4.37 speed - replacement for Harris or White.- BB does not like to start rookies! The next Marshal Faulk?
Kevin Harris
- Big bruising downhill runner. Sharp cuts but not fast. Hard to bring down. Has good hands and can catch over shoulder. Rookie will likely redshirt this year until he learns to pass block and pick up blitzes. Excellent run blocker. An embarrassment of riches...
JJ Taylor
- no guaranteed money, saves us $1million when cut. An embarrassment of riches...Too. maybe too many. Great Preseason and a trade?
Devine Ozighbo
already released. Saves us $1 million - capable back was odd man out and mercy early release