• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running Backs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more question regarding Michel: if the Pats traded him could the new team pick up his fifth year option or would he basically be a free agent after this season?
They would get his contract for this year and the option. That's what makes him much more valuable than a 5th round pick.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Sony Michels trade value I've been reading that the Pats would likely get a 5th round pick for him. Isn't that kinda low for a former first round pick that carried his team to a Super Bowl victory? Not sure how him being somewhat often injured and being in the fourth year of his rookie deal plays into it but I would think he'd be worth more. If that's the case I say let's keep him and run him into the ground.
Not buying it. I've heard talk of a 2nd

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would get his contract for this year and the option. That's what makes him much more valuable than a 5th round pick.
His 5th year option has already been fomally declined. Options must be tendered by April 7th this year. Too late to do it now.
If he was traded prior to that date we could have excercised his option, then traded.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. I've heard talk of a 2nd

I agree with a 2nd. I read an article yesterday(one of the boston sports sites) that had him worth a 5th which seemed ludicrous to me. A 2nd or nothing as far as I'm concerned.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most they will get for Sony is a 3rd more likely a fourth but the Pats could finagle a 3rd. There are injury concerns, and RB careers are short. I don't at all see a second.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this group of RBs behind this line.

Bolden has to go this year for sure. Or he's got something on RK?

I didn't lose faith in Sony when many others did. But if someone offers a 3rd for him jump on it. I think he's going to get injured often which will derail his career.

I hope we keep JJ as that scat back type. He can also return punts avgering 11 yards on Thursday. He can also catch coming out of the backfield. He makes it as a STeamer.

Harris and Stevenson are locks. That leaves only White. A team and fan favorite but if push comes to shove do we really need him? What would TB & TB give up to have him?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't lose faith in Sony when many others did. But if someone offers a 3rd for him jump on it. I think he's going to get injured often which will derail his career.

I hope we keep JJ as that scat back type. He can also return punts avgering 11 yards on Thursday. He can also catch coming out of the backfield. He makes it as a STeamer.

Harris and Stevenson are locks. That leaves only White. A team and fan favorite but if push comes to shove do we really need him? What would TB & TB give up to have him?
White seamed a step slower and his reactions an instant slower too. But was last year on PS for Taylor enough experience to allow moving on from White. The transitions from Faulk to Woodhead to Vareen to White have all kept that role alive and well in New England without really ever skipping a beat. Can that continue straight to Taylor without more time from White?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we didn't have Harris and Stevenson, I would be all in on Michel. I love Michel but the other two bring the same type of RB without the injury concern. He is a tradeable asset now.
White as well. JJ Taylor brings a bit more, I would trade White if the opportunity came.

BB said a few weeks ago that he loved Bolden for his work ethic, coaching of younger players, and that he was the perfect example of the Patriot Way do anything your asked. Bill Loves this guy even if his play is not top shelf.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White seamed a step slower and his reactions an instant slower too. But was last year on PS for Taylor enough experience to allow moving on from White. The transitions from Faulk to Woodhead to Vareen to White have all kept that role alive and well in New England without really ever skipping a beat. Can that continue straight to Taylor without more time from White?
I think it would be another move a year early rather than a year late. Love White for what he has done for us. But if you can get something for him I say go for it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be another move a year early rather than a year late. Love White for what he has done for us. But if you can get something for him I say go for it.
What's he worth?

A 4th round pick?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We moved on from Woodhead and Vareen "a year too early" but it was contract time and other teams overpaid.
As much as I liked Vereen, at 1930 combined total yards in his career at that time, I was chastised for saying we won't pay him $3 million.
He got $5 million from New York.
I don't think we cut White but if the offer was really good, Who knows until you see the offer?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We moved on from Woodhead and Vareen "a year too early" but it was contract time and other teams overpaid.
As much as I liked Vereen, at 1930 combined total yards in his career at that time, I was chastised for saying we won't pay him $3 million.
He got $5 million from New York.
I don't think we cut White but if the offer was really good, Who knows until you see the offer?
Woodhead was interesting because we picked him up for free and he served as an excellent bridge between Faulk and Vareen.

The real bonus with Woodhead was how super fun he was to watch.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all can agreed the RBs looked great, and we are all talking about them but are we giving credit where credit is due? I love watching O Line play and this O line looks pretty damn good, and they know when to release and get down field to pick up blocks. How good would the RB corp look without that line play?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all can agreed the RBs looked great, and we are all talking about them but are we giving credit where credit is due? I love watching O Line play and this O line looks pretty damn good, and they know when to release and get down field to pick up blocks. How good would the RB corp look without that line play?
I gave them credit. Oline has been consistent for years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 5th is the best we can dream about, even from TB.
As someone mentioned, you never know till you see the offer?

A 5th alone would be hard for me to pull the trigger on.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way BB pulls the trigger on anything less than a 3rd
Bill ain't dealin' him. Certainly not to keep Bolden.

Harris, Michele, Stevenson, Taylor and White far exceeds the stable of any other team in the NFL.

Add that talent to running behind a top rated offensive line and there is not a defense that stand up to the constant pounding. Considering how many teams aren't even playing their starters in the preseason, what would make them think that those same guys will be ready for full contact foot ball in 17-20 days?

Bill Belichick's start of contact by red zone and goal line circumstances might be a secret that keeps Patriot players on the field until mid February.