• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors about Texas's next OC

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name Shanahan in and of itself does not sit right with me. Just like you may be able to give all types of supporting evidence that kiffin may do a good oc job - I am shocked a program like Bama would pick him up. There are many out there who can do the job. Shannahan is an experiment train wreck waiting to happen with a bad name behind him. Please lord no.

Akina is gone? Why? I must be outta the loop.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ash the dude now?

Think Strong will move in another direction?

It would make sense to stick with Ash if he comes back, and I think he will. Strong will have to decide between Swoopes and Heard at some point - and that will then become his guy for the start of his legacy over the next few years. You have a proven senior in Ash. Why not stick with him, and be able to spend a year out of the spotlight developing both of the youngsters before deciding who is going to be "your guy."

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name Shanahan in and of itself does not sit right with me. Just like you may be able to give all types of supporting evidence that kiffin may do a good oc job - I am shocked a program like Bama would pick him up. There are many out there who can do the job. Shannahan is an experiment train wreck waiting to happen with a bad name behind him. Please lord no.

Yep.
Without Duane Akina, Texas Longhorns Have a Troublesome Time Ahead

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except Bedford has more DBs in the NFL and only DB coach to have a Heisman winner on his resume. I am actually glad Akina is gone. He doesn't teach zone and more importantly I don't think he cares to at this juncture in his career. Also word is Wickline just agreed.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did whiff on the elite DBs in Texas this recruiting season. Surprisingly Chambers is being retained.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wickline would severely cut the importance of the OC hire. Arguably the best OL coach in the country

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strong is cleaning house. Wants everybody out from the old regime, it looks like. Why keep any coach around that was part of the mediocrity from 2010 - present? I was glad to see he got rid of the S&C coach (Wylie). Kinda tired of watching our Oline get pushed around and our WR's not being strong enough to get separation.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope they keep Wyatt as the WR coach. To be perfectly honest, our WR's have played pretty well under him outside of Mike Davis occasionally taking plays off or dropping a pass someone of his talent shouldn't. Wickline and Robinson are big time hires.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akina was a great one and will be missed. However, the new guy can be great too (DC and position coach both are good DB coaches). They don't have to be mutually exclusive. At least I sure hope not. On paper, Charlie Strong has assembled a very impressive defensive staff. I wish Akina well in his future endeavors. Maybe he will finally get to go back to Arizona or Hawaii and ride off into the sunset. Hopefully on a high note!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meeting with players right now, started at 5 or so. Hints I'm getting from people are that there is something big coming. Don't know who that might be, but...

Strong wanted to meet with players, and wanted no leaks.

Imo, the hiring of Wickline and the RB coach from USC, could not have happened without input from the incoming OC, whomever that may be.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that Mack couldn't get Wickline to come to Texas and Charlie was.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that Mack couldn't get Wickline to come to Texas and Charlie was.

For fuck's sake, all I want is for our O-line to be tough again. The way Studdard, Blalock, Sendelein, etc were. I really do believe I could have taken on the entire offensive line and kicked each and every one of their asses, and I'm not that tough :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strong and Wickline coached together at Florida

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fuck's sake, all I want is for our O-line to be tough again. The way Studdard, Blalock, Sendelein, etc were. I really do believe I could have taken on the entire offensive line and kicked each and every one of their asses, and I'm not that tough :L

Really? I would bet that you would pass out from the exertion before even one would cry uncle. smh

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I would bet that you would pass out from the exertion before even one would cry uncle. smh

I'm in pretty good shape, my cardio is excellent. If anything, I would probably pull a hammy......