• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rumor price for zid

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since salary would have to go back is. Zubrus....which I could live with. IF we know 100% that zajac is coming back and will be effective this season.

Also saw a rumor that oduya might be a Target? Ugh. Two horrible trade rumors that really wont benefit the team.

I would say no to both deals at this point

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Either one of those trades are just a bandaid fix a 6th d man and a 35 year old d man isn't going to put the team over the top. If there is a budget to be kept then so be it. Chalk this year up to getting some playoff confidence back show zack we are serious about winning and keep looking for that d man when the money is there. Zid will just tie up another 4 million next year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no way I would trade Zubrus for Zidlicky. Zubes has been solid this year and we'll need him come playoff time. No thanks on Johnny O either. The only thing that makes me even half believe these rumors is if Tallinder and Larsson are more banged up than we think. Either way I don't think either one is what we would need to make a serious run this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Ive never liked Zubs (mostly when he was our "top" centerman) I would be livid if we traded him for Zidlicky..even if Zajac is back at 100 percent , which Im not counting on.

If Zubs name is floating out there in trade rumors at all , I expect we could get much more for him. He's a solid number 2 on a lot of teams.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no way I would trade Zubrus for Zidlicky. Zubes has been solid this year and we'll need him come playoff time. No thanks on Johnny O either. The only thing that makes me even half believe these rumors is if Tallinder and Larsson are more banged up than we think. Either way I don't think either one is what we would need to make a serious run this year.

repped this.. Zubs, along with Clarkson, have been great this year... plus Zubs is our best skilled big man out there(not counting Kovy). Bad move for the devils if we move Zubs for Zidlicky... bad move to make a zubs move IMO right now.

I am getting a bit worried tho with Tallinder and Larsson. Like previously stated, are they more banged up than we know?

Even if that's the case, Tallinder and Larsson(unless season ending which it hasn't been announced) would realistically be the best "acquisition" we could have vs the rumor trades thus far.

Our Defense, not great w/o Tallinder, are still solid at best, but once T comes back, watch out. Then Larsson, who should be more refreshed/recharged being in his rookie year should come back out stronger.

Best trade involving our Defense is no trade IMO, right now. (based on the rumors)

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah only way i would make a move for the defense if it is including someone then the 2 mentioned already.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've finally found out a good mix of depth for our forwards... why mess it up now?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really sure if we're going to be able to get anyone at a reasonable price that's better than Volch, Salvador, Tallinder, Greene, Larsson. Fayne has been just as serviceable as pretty much anyone else on the market. PLUS, what do you do with Foster? He's been pretty important to this reborn PP unit we've got going atm, even if he's not loading up on the points. You can see how important just the threat of him shooting has been at opening up lanes. So in the playoffs let's say you dress 7 dmen so make sure he's in the lineup for the PP, who sits? Fayne?

We're going to want Volch and Salvador playing like 22mini each in the playoffs. Larsson, Tallinder and Greene are better skaters and play less difficult minutes, so they can cover 25 each pretty easily. All this assumes everyone is healthy.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Foster can play as a 7th Dman with the Devs rolling 11 forwards. He'd have top PP duties and very minimal 5 on 5 play. I don't see Janssen or Boulton playing much in the playoffs so it wont really affect the forwards corp.

Volch and Sal are role players. I dont want to see them playing high minutes unless situation calls for it. I'd rather see someone like Zidlicky playing over Volch and Sal when the team is down a goal. He will definitely be welcome here and probably play top minutes on certain nights. Thats how DeBoer has worked so far this year. He gave top minutes to the Dman that was having a strong night, there was never any consistent #1
person with the exception of Larsson in the first month.

The problem is that Tallinder is out for a month which in Devils world means 4 months. will he be able to perform in the playoffs? What if more injuries occur? We will then have to rely on Foster, Taormina, or some other rookie to handle big minutes in the playoffs. Its not a situation that leads to success.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, since we're not in a crisis situation in terms of playoffs chasing, I think we should hold Tallinder out as much as possible til he fully heals. No need, ATM, to rush him back and risk further injury. The healthier he is by playoff time, the better his and our chances will be for a long run at the Cup.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volch is a role player? You'd rather have Zidlicky out there than him? Yikes. Guy has been far and away our best defenseman this year.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I said when down a goal. Volch has been really good but the guy is a black hole on offense.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tallinder's injury is actually more like a condition. As soon as the medication to dissolve the clots has run it's course he's fine. He's already skating, the problem is that with anticoagulants (pretty sure that's what he's taking) your body can't clot and stop cuts from bleeding and such, so an internal injury could be extremely dangerous. Even a bad bruise would bleed under the skin. So I would imagine that he needs to go through the process, and get off it, so he's back to normal.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Volch and Salvador are A COLOSSAL part of our successful penalty kill this season. Big minutes are a good thing with them, especially when the bottom two are on the ice. I think we pretty much know what we're going to get from Tallinder, Greene, Volch, and Salvador. Fayne has been servicable or better. The question is do we want to put all the faith in Fayne and Larsson to carry the big minutes during playoff time? I think it's fair to say they've earned it. Foster should be dressed as the 7th dman. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's terrible. Also, we're basically sacrificing one of the 4th line players every shift to let Parise or Kovy DS so we can have Foster skate at forward and he can play every second of the PP with Kovy.