• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Royals @ M's: 8/26-8/29 Butt Whoopin Thread

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelenic has now left 15 base runners stranded in the last 2 1/2 games.
I agree about Kelenic but he's not the only one leaving a load of RISP though. I still have faith in JK. He's young but has great D and I believe (and hope) his O is not that far away.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Doolittle

Sean Doolittle #62​

• P
  • B/T: L/L
  • 6' 2"/204

SummaryStatsChartsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Sean Robert Doolittle
  • Nickname: Obi-Sean
  • Born: 9/26/1986 in Rapid City, SD
  • Draft: 2007, Oakland Athletics, Round: C-A, Overall Pick: 41
  • College: Virginia
  • Debut: 6/05/2012

LITebehitwokebejoke...tell all the folk..public fool..no golden rule...and L;itebehitwokebejoke...tell all the folk..okie dokie
i could be wrong...but it just be a song

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson with 92 pitches. Not sure if Scott's pulling him for pitch count + righty Perez is coming to the plate. Either way, it's nice to see Scott give off his posterior and do something with the pitching staff.

Damn, Scott could have had Anderson do the intentional walk. It looked like Anderson still had plenty left in his tank and was still doing a decent job. I don't know, I just don't get it I guess. :noidea:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Kelenic but he's not the only one leaving a load of RISP though. I still have faith in JK. He's young but has great D and I believe (and hope) his O is not that far away.
Hope seems to be the Mariners scouting method.

Not picking on you just asking a question: If Kelenic was say a #90 MLB prospect instead of a Top 5, would you still have the same hope that he is better than he has shown? I think fans, and baseball people, put more hope in a guy based on his ranking even though rankings are truly a guessing game and done by people outside of baseball itself.

Kelenic's Minor League #'s:

kelenic.jpg

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a believer they need more talent. I watch Kelenic and I wonder if he is the real deal. Seen too many can't miss prospects miss and right now he has shown me little to think otherwise. I know all the writers that cover the team said prior to the year that he wasn't the next Ackley. Ackley batted .273 his rookie year so they are right though I don't think that is what they meant.

I guess Griffey just spoiled us.
The reason I have optimism is we no longer have to rely on one or two kids to pop in order to have a run. Kelenic can flop and there is either more talent coming up through the system to give a chance to, or at least be great trade bait for going after established guys.

I don't know if they have the mgmt for a real WS bid, but I think they have more than enough moving parts to get off this drought of non playoff appearances sometime in the next year or so.

They probably need to dump their manager to do more than a post season appearance.

Getting them to be post season worthy would make them more attractive to a manager worth having.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what the Mariners do with Kikuchi.

He has such great stuff and one night will look like a Cy Young caliber pitcher then the next look like he shouldn't even be pitching in the major leagues and this has been a reoccurring theme throughout his career. Only difference is this year he has had less of those bad starts than he did his first two years.

Kikuchi's first 4 starts: 5.70 ERA 23.2 IP with 20 strikeouts
Kikuchi's next 11 starts: 2.33 ERA 69.2 IP with 73 strikeouts
Kikuchi's last 9 starts: 6.75 ERA 44 IP with 52 strikeouts

Honestly it doesn't make sense to me and he's one of the harder players on this team to evaluate because he's so hit or miss.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I have optimism is we no longer have to rely on one or two kids to pop in order to have a run. Kelenic can flop and there is either more talent coming up through the system to give a chance to, or at least be great trade bait for going after established guys.
I get your point, but as a guy that watches Dipoto's moves very closely I don't see him trading for established players with top talent as the bargaining chips. If he was, we would have Merrifield playing for us right now. I know he and some fans say it is a year too early to trade a Top 10 prospect for a run this year (and no I am not a believer in that theory or I wouldn't continue to watch the remainder of the season), but if a guy like Kirby was the price for a near All-Star bat like Merrifield wouldn't that be a great move for this year and a few years to come? We can only hope that Kirby becomes a near A.S. type player. I think fans get too caught up in 'player control'. Of course my winning philosophy has always been build a solid team with veterans (they don't have to be expensive or All-Stars - see France & Crawford) then fill holes with top prospects when they are ready. We are trying to build with prospects and then add solid veterans when team is ready. Not impossible, but extremely hard. See the struggles of Kelenic, Fraley, Trammell, Raleigh, Dunn, Sheffield, etc.

I don't know if they have the mgmt for a real WS bid, but I think they have more than enough moving parts to get off this drought of non playoff appearances sometime in the next year or so.
I agree with the management part. I believe that Dipoto has been more lucky than good. He bought time with the reimagine BS and has gotten more from the gas he got than he should have in my opinion. But good for him. I just don't see that strategy continuing with his history.

They probably need to dump their manager to do more than a post season appearance.
Ya I am a bit amazed how far his has taken them. I think he is probably a great people person, but strategic manager? Nah.

Getting them to be post season worthy would make them more attractive to a manager worth having.
Yes, but I am still amazed that we have had 2 managers quit on us in the last 20 years. With only 30 jobs available, that is unheard of once yet we have done it twice.

Sorry to be long winded, but it is that or continue to watch us fail against a sub .500 team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has such great stuff and one night will look like a Cy Young caliber pitcher then the next look like he shouldn't even be pitching in the major leagues
He now does both in the same game...lol.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put out the white flag, this team has given up. Send kelenic and haniger down to single a for that play just now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't we just talking about Haniger and his lazy defense?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not picking on you just asking a question: If Kelenic was say a #90 MLB prospect instead of a Top 5, would you still have the same hope that he is better than he has shown? I think fans, and baseball people, put more hope in a guy based on his ranking even though rankings are truly a guessing game and done by people outside of baseball itself.

View attachment 278666
lol- Hey, you can pick on my all you want.... :pound: I was following JK onMiLB in Tacoma and watched his AB's and saw the potential talent there. I think he's a cocky little ego shit right now and needs some seasoning to find his place in the bigs. I don't think he's getting the kind of veteran support and modeling he needs at Seattle and I'd hate to see him end up like Ackley or Zunino. Coming up from T town when he did was questionable in my opinion and it put him in an awkward spot with the expectation from the fans, as well as coaching staff and players to perform both defensively and offensively as a somewhat seasoned MLB player. Not making excuses for him cuz his performance at the plate bugs the hell out of me, but I still see the potential. The kid needs some decent support from management to get his head on straight and some confidence before he ends up like Zunino- great defensively but inconsistent as hell at the plate. See how Zunino is now? I think that Z could have grown in Seattle if he had the right support. Just my opinion is all

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol- Hey, you can pick on my all you want.... :pound: I was following JK onMiLB in Tacoma and watched his AB's and saw the potential talent there. I think he's a cocky little ego shit right now and needs some seasoning to find his place in the bigs. I don't think he's getting the kind of veteran support and modeling he needs at Seattle and I'd hate to see him end up like Ackley or Zunino. Coming up from T town when he did was questionable in my opinion and it put him in an awkward spot with the expectation from the fans, as well as coaching staff and players to perform both defensively and offensively as a somewhat seasoned MLB player. Not making excuses for him cuz his performance at the plate bugs the hell out of me, but I still see the potential. The kid needs some decent support from management to get his head on straight and some confidence before he ends up like Zunino- great defensively but inconsistent as hell at the plate. See how Zunino is now? I think that Z could have grown in Seattle if he had the right support. Just my opinion is all
Great answer. I hope you are right, and you have seen way more of him than I have and the only part I have seen is the struggle in Seattle.

I only asked the question because I am fascinated by how fans judge players that are ranked high but have shown little. I mean theoretically he could be the next Griffey or the next Jeremy Reed. I just think sports leagues and organizations do a great job of promoting and we fans some times get lost in that. Time will tell, but I wouldn't hesitate to deal him for legit MLB players that meet the right age/quality description.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals are the ones doing the butt whoopin …. kicking the Mariners back sides 3 straight, probably gonna sweep us … For whatever reason they have our number …

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 278666
kelenic...is good enough...like all minor league...guys it takes a bit...to get used to the big leagues...they almost never...do it the 1st year

mariners risp..1-7
mariners left on base...13

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith has zero touch on his passes.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith has zero touch on his passes.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to all those who...feel they need ..one,,,did not get one when they deserved it...or anyone i owe one

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JoseMarmolejos
1B
TAC7125156901222369425500.359.448.6971.145
AlenHanson
2B
TAC1853817220471011.321.400.434.834
they could bring trammell but...idk..right now
TaylorTrammell
CF
TAC5220428571101037265551.279.360.480.841

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmundo Sosa

Edmundo Sosa #63​

• SS
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 0"/210

SummaryStatsChartsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Edmundo Israel Sosa
  • Born: 3/06/1996 in Panama City, Panama
  • Debut: 9/23/2018
been in the last couple..days...swinging a sweet bat...i have hm in fantasy...soo..nice..today..a plus 16...but he is a back up....lol

DurationABRHHRRBIBBSOSBAVGOBPSLG
Last 7 Games197918340.474.600.947
Last 15 Games3791418360.378.477.622
Last 30 Games6211212104130.339.423.565

Last edited:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...on the verge of getting swept by KC...

Way to embarrass yourselves yet again, team. Thank you SO MUCH for giving up...as usual.

MGMarinerMooseFillTheStadium.png