• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers @ Mariners: 4/25 - 4/28

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all good guys. You guys need to remember this is a season where we only look at the positives and not the negatives. Looking at negatives is the reason they’ve gone 17 and most likely 18 years without a playoff appearance.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, these guys wouldn't know how to rebuild if you gave them a set of LEGOs.

Trust us to have the one team that can be given a division lead, then QUIT halfway through a series.

Then again, we should be used to that by now; it's really the only thing where they're consistent.
Amen to that dude :thumb:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners have given up 25 runs, 34 hits and committed 5 errors in the last 16 innings.

I have to assume that's somewhere near a franchise record.

Shame on the pitching staff for giving up 25 runs and 34 hits in 16 innings... Sure a couple errors happened also, BUT common!!! Gotta pitch better than that...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas outscores Seattle 29-2 in the final two games of the four-game series... That's effin embarrassing .... seriously.....

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Swanson is well on his way back to the minor leagues I would probably give him one more start I really wish the mariners didnt bring up sheffield to go pitch long relief after that one inning. I would prefer he had another start under his belt in the minors and if he was solid bring him up for his debut.

I really dont know who the mariners would go to in the rotation if Swanson gets taken out

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas outscores Seattle 29-2 in the final two games of the four-game series... That's effin embarrassing .... seriously.....
Seven errors on top of that.

This isn't Major League material, and they should know that by now. You pull that crap, you don't even DESERVE to be in the Majors.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't Major League material, and they should know that by now. You pull that crap, you don't even DESERVE to be in the Majors.

Imagine what Lou Piniella would do in this situation... He'd be cracking heads and benching people, holding people accountable for being so un-prepared... What has Servais done ?

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those last two games in a nutshell:

BaseballRantComic0Full.png

And yes, I made that one myself.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this what gets me more then anything. I get rebuilding, reimagining, retooling or just refooling everyone. Whatever doesnt matter. Regardless the very first thing Dipoto said when hired is to have a more athletic team out there. In year 4 we pretty much have a similar team to what year 4 of the Jack Z era was. There's no excuse for putting a product on the field thats poor defensively. Haniger and Gordon are passable at their positions but everywhere else is an absolute trainwreck.

The 3 most important positions (catcher, SS and CF) literally cost so many runs. I won't comment on the SS because I've beat that dead horse enough already. Mallex was a below average corner OF defender last year and like Gordon the previous year, Dipoto seems to think you can just stick any fast guy in CF and be fine. Its blows my mind he seems to have made the same mistake again. And Navarez has thrown out like 2 base runners this year, I'm stunned teams arent running on us almost every time.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that this is "supposedly" a "rebuild" year but man....the performance this past weekend was absolutely ridiculous to say the least. I'm sorry but I don't have much faith in Dipoto and sidekick Servais. When it comes to baseball, Seattle is keeping it's several year reputation as a joke in the Majors. Either get your shit together or sell the team to some owners who are dead serious about spending money and putting together a winner management team with a winning team-period!! :suds:
(talk is cheap(er) for them I guess)

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that this is "supposedly" a "rebuild" year but man....the performance this past weekend was absolutely ridiculous to say the least. I'm sorry but I don't have much faith in Dipoto and sidekick Servais. When it comes to baseball, Seattle is keeping it's several year reputation as a joke in the Majors. Either get your shit together or sell the team to some owners who are dead serious about spending money and putting together a winner management team with a winning team-period!! :suds:
(talk is cheap(er) for them I guess)
Yep, the old "shit or get off the pot" philosophy. They can sure use that by now.