• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster moves

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any interest in Amari Cooper?
No. He isn't a $14M player and that's what he'll cost next year. I think we can find a much better player than him in free agency for that amount plus it will cost us a pick. What if it comes down to ET as a FA (assuming healthy) or Cooper plus a premium pick?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He isn't a $14M player and that's what he'll cost next year. I think we can find a much better player than him in free agency for that amount plus it will cost us a pick. What if it comes down to ET as a FA (assuming healthy) or Cooper plus a premium pick?

I tend to agree he is not worth $14m, but that said it is only a one year deal. It would be an overpay for sure, but only for one year. And who knows maybe something clicks for Cooper in Dallas and he regains the form he showed in his first two seasons? I think the guy is very talented, I have not the first clue why it's not working out for him in Oakland.

I could think of worse gambles to take.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree he is not worth $14m, but that said it is only a one year deal. It would be an overpay for sure, but only for one year. And who knows maybe something clicks for Cooper in Dallas and he regains the form he showed in his first two seasons? I think the guy is very talented, I have not the first clue why it's not working out for him in Oakland.

I could think of worse gambles to take.
What is most appealing from a salary perspective is that this year he would cost us the prorated portion of less than $4M/year which somewhat offsets next years salary. So a little less than $9M per year for 2 years (which is still a lot). But, I'd rather not bring in a guy that either is a burden to your cap or if he plays well is immediately going to be looking for a big deal. I just don't see the player on the field that I once thought he was. Not sure why.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is most appealing from a salary perspective is that this year he would cost us the prorated portion of less than $4M/year which somewhat offsets next years salary. So a little less than $9M per year for 2 years (which is still a lot). But, I'd rather not bring in a guy that either is a burden to your cap or if he plays well is immediately going to be looking for a big deal. I just don't see the player on the field that I once thought he was. Not sure why.

Cooper is 24, I think, plenty of time for him to turn it around. Change of scenery might help. This year it is absolutely worth it. The only question is next year. It's a gamble I could live with if the price to acquire is not too steep. I'd trade a 3rd for a chance to gamble on Cooper.

Seems to me Dallas could afford the cap hit next year, even with having to pay DLaw, and potentially Irving.... and ET3.

If it works out and Cooper reemerges as a consistent threat, Dallas has a #1 WR for not too steep a price. If it does not work, move on from Cooper after next year.

My thoughts are that 2019 is the year Dallas really needs to go for it and push all the chips to the middle of the table. Acquiring Cooper would fit with that mindset, IMO. The guy clearly has talent, he has shown it, and I believe it is still there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is 24, I think, plenty of time for him to turn it around. Change of scenery might help. This year it is absolutely worth it. The only question is next year. It's a gamble I could live with if the price to acquire is not too steep. I'd trade a 3rd for a chance to gamble on Cooper.

Seems to me Dallas could afford the cap hit next year, even with having to pay DLaw, and potentially Irving.... and ET3.

If it works out and Cooper reemerges as a consistent threat, Dallas has a #1 WR for not too steep a price. If it does not work, move on from Cooper after next year.

My thoughts are that 2019 is the year Dallas really needs to go for it and push all the chips to the middle of the table. Acquiring Cooper would fit with that mindset, IMO. The guy clearly has talent, he has shown it, and I believe it is still there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Michael. So passionate about his team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want to give up a high pick for cooper.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no. We can get a receiver to drop passes much cheaper than Cooper.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no, Another overpriced, overrated head case:

Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Bills
According to ESPN's Dan Graziano, the Cowboys are "monitoring" Kelvin Benjamin ahead of next week's trade deadline.

The Cowboys have also checked in on DeVante Parker and continue to do their "due diligence" on Amari Cooper. Dallas is in desperate need of receiving weapons and it's likely the Cowboys address that issue by adding a pass-catcher at the trade deadline. Hopefully the Cowboys can do a bit better than Benjamin, who has been a non-factor in Buffalo this year. Meanwhile Parker can't even get on the field in Miami.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no, Another overpriced, overrated head case:

Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Bills
According to ESPN's Dan Graziano, the Cowboys are "monitoring" Kelvin Benjamin ahead of next week's trade deadline.

The Cowboys have also checked in on DeVante Parker and continue to do their "due diligence" on Amari Cooper. Dallas is in desperate need of receiving weapons and it's likely the Cowboys address that issue by adding a pass-catcher at the trade deadline. Hopefully the Cowboys can do a bit better than Benjamin, who has been a non-factor in Buffalo this year. Meanwhile Parker can't even get on the field in Miami.

If Benjamin ends up on this roster, it's gonna be hard for Garrett to keep preaching his "RKG" philosophy. It would seem to me that if Garrett does carry any weight in personnel decisions that Kelvin Benjamin is the last kind of player we will see in a Cowboys uniform.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Benjamin ends up on this roster, it's gonna be hard for Garrett to keep preaching his "RKG" philosophy. It would seem to me that if Garrett does carry any weight in personnel decisions that Kelvin Benjamin is the last kind of player we will see in a Cowboys uniform.
I think Garrett is clearly the number one voice on this team for personnel decisions over the last few years and most everything you read from those close to the team backs that up. But, I think when Jerry starts to panic or dwell on things he becomes more susceptible to going rogue and making a panic move. I suspect very few on the team will look at tape and tell him they think Benjamin is a good idea. As far as "RKG" we have problem guys on our team already and Garrett backs them so I don't think that automatically means much. Like anyone else it's a risk/reward analysis. I don't want Benjamin because he isn't that good. Even though I would rather not bring Cooper in, I can't deny that he would immediately become our best WR by a good amount and have a value. For Benjamin I don't think that is the case.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Garrett is clearly the number one voice on this team for personnel decisions over the last few years and most everything you read from those close to the team backs that up. But, I think when Jerry starts to panic or dwell on things he becomes more susceptible to going rogue and making a panic move. I suspect very few on the team will look at tape and tell him they think Benjamin is a good idea. As far as "RKG" we have problem guys on our team already and Garrett backs them so I don't think that automatically means much. Like anyone else it's a risk/reward analysis. I don't want Benjamin because he isn't that good. Even though I would rather not bring Cooper in, I can't deny that he would immediately become our best WR by a good amount and have a value. For Benjamin I don't think that is the case.

We will have to agree to disagree on your first point. Stephen Jones and McClay are the real powers when it comes to roster construction.

Benjamin at this point is nothing more than a name. I'm hoping this is nothing more than some reporter blowing smoke for page clicks, because it makes zero sense. Why get rid of Dez if you are just going to bring in another problem child? Benjamin has nothing to offer as an NFL WR at this point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to agree to disagree on your first point. Stephen Jones and McClay are the real powers when it comes to roster construction.

Benjamin at this point is nothing more than a name. I'm hoping this is nothing more than some reporter blowing smoke for page clicks, because it makes zero sense. Why get rid of Dez if you are just going to bring in another problem child? Benjamin has nothing to offer as an NFL WR at this point.
If it's Jerry's call we may go for this guy

https://nypost.com/2018/10/22/rae-c...ison-after-19-years-for-cherica-adams-murder/