• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster moves

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Frederick - C - Cowboys
Cowboys C Travis Frederick (illness) was placed on injured reserve.

Dallas was hopeful Frederick would return, but he ultimately hasn't practiced since initially being diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome two months ago. He's at least eligible to come back if cleared by doctors for the club's final three games. David Irving was added to the 53-man roster in a corresponding move. For the time being, the Cowboys will move forward with swingman Joe Looney at center.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance Williams - WR - Cowboys
Cowboys placed WR Terrance Williams (foot) on injured reserve.

It's truly been a waste of a season for Williams, who's battled foot and off-field issues throughout the year. He'll be on the bubble in the offseason. This move hopefully instills rookie Michael Gallup into the offense as the third-rounder quietly played a season-high 40-of-69 snaps in Week 4 against the Lions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of moving Frederick to IR week one so that he would be eligible to be back halfway through the year if he gets better they do it now? This team continues to do questionable things. I get that he likely isn't playing this year, but that makes carrying him on the roster until now even dumber.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams. This is bizarre. Does anyone really think he foot is all of a sudden bad enough that he won't be healthy at any point this year even with rest? This seems to me to be more related to either his "personal issue" or the fact that he isn't going to be playing. They should have just cut him and started the process of getting him off our cap now. Keeping him only makes sense if we are planning on playing him next year and I hope no one thinks that's a good idea. He was only on the team this year because of the cap impact. What are the chances that next year we will be playing him?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of moving Frederick to IR week one so that he would be eligible to be back halfway through the year if he gets better they do it now? This team continues to do questionable things. I get that he likely isn't playing this year, but that makes carrying him on the roster until now even dumber.
Well if they thought he'd be ready before week 8, they made the right choice. I'd think they were going off of their doctors recommendations, not just whilly nilly.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams. This is bizarre. Does anyone really think he foot is all of a sudden bad enough that he won't be healthy at any point this year even with rest? This seems to me to be more related to either his "personal issue" or the fact that he isn't going to be playing. They should have just cut him and started the process of getting him off our cap now. Keeping him only makes sense if we are planning on playing him next year and I hope no one thinks that's a good idea. He was only on the team this year because of the cap impact. What are the chances that next year we will be playing him?

At this point I agree he should just be cut with, but if the NFL had suspended him Dallas could have saved cap space by cutting him as hes suspended.
At least that's what a read a few weeks ago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers just released Darius Jackson. Wonder if we add him since we have the open roster spot. Or if we think Irving could be a while maybe we add a DT

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Frederick - C - Cowboys
Cowboys C Travis Frederick (illness) was placed on injured reserve.

Dallas was hopeful Frederick would return, but he ultimately hasn't practiced since initially being diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome two months ago. He's at least eligible to come back if cleared by doctors for the club's final three games. David Irving was added to the 53-man roster in a corresponding move. For the time being, the Cowboys will move forward with swingman Joe Looney at center.

I questioned why this didn't happen before cut downs. Still not sure why.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance Williams - WR - Cowboys
Cowboys placed WR Terrance Williams (foot) on injured reserve.

It's truly been a waste of a season for Williams, who's battled foot and off-field issues throughout the year. He'll be on the bubble in the offseason. This move hopefully instills rookie Michael Gallup into the offense as the third-rounder quietly played a season-high 40-of-69 snaps in Week 4 against the Lions.
Still don't know why he wasn't cut on last day.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would have been the right move back then, IMO. Sit him down and get him better.
So if, granted it's a big IF he's ready to play week 7 or 9, the right move would be to say he's not available? I have to 100% disagree here. In hindsight the right move would have been to IR him a day after the roster was set, but there was a belief he'd be ready to play this season since they caught the disease early.

Now if he's ready in 4 or 5 weeks, IR'ing him now is the wrong move.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if, granted it's a big IF he's ready to play week 7 or 9, the right move would be to say he's not available? I have to 100% disagree here. In hindsight the right move would have been to IR him a day after the roster was set, but there was a belief he'd be ready to play this season since they caught the disease early.

Now if he's ready in 4 or 5 weeks, IR'ing him now is the wrong move.

Oh I get what you are saying totally but with what he has I surely didn't believe he would be available.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get what you are saying totally but with what he has I surely didn't believe he would be available.
That's fair, I thought there'd be a good chance he'd return, not sure when, but somewhere around week 6 to 10.
I know many reports had no idea about when, but I hung onto the reports that since the found it very early, there's a chance.

I take them IR'ing him now as the DR's saying it's most likely he won't be near a return until next season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I am off the Dak Prescott bandwagon. You just cant pay a game manager franchise QB money.

There is lots to like about the young players we have on defense. Jaylon Smith and LVE looked awesome last night, especially Jaylon. LVE should only get better as he gets stronger.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I am off the Dak Prescott bandwagon. You just cant pay a game manager franchise QB money.

There is lots to like about the young players we have on defense. Jaylon Smith and LVE looked awesome last night, especially Jaylon. LVE should only get better as he gets stronger.
Dak needs to be better