• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rory with eagle chance opportunity win

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. He provides some excellent insight into the game whenever he's on the Golf Channel. I think he was working the Ryder Cup two years ago and the U.S. Open last year and I thought he did an excellent job.

He's a natural for TV...imo already better than Faldo who mutters and mumbles way too for me. I don't think he's going to do that great on the Champions tour though...speaking of...VJ is still competitive on the big tour, but he would rack up if he committed to the seniors...made too much $ to be that interested maybe.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a natural for TV...imo already better than Faldo who mutters and mumbles way too for me. I don't think he's going to do that great on the Champions tour though...speaking of...VJ is still competitive on the big tour, but he would rack up if he committed to the seniors...made too much $ to be that interested maybe.

Oh, much, much better than Faldo. In my opinion, no one touches Johnny Miller as an analyst but Montgomerie would do a very good job as one.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller drives me CRAZY.

Fucker ALWAYS has to break down the swing after he knows the shot is a mishap to tell us why. I'd love to have him blindly look at swings and then tell us where the ball went with his extensive knowledge.

He's a fraud.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, much, much better than Faldo. In my opinion, no one touches Johnny Miller as an analyst but Montgomerie would do a very good job as one.

Copy that. His pre read call on Knox's bunker shot that ended up in the water was almost clairvoyant

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller drives me CRAZY.

Fucker ALWAYS has to break down the swing after he knows the shot is a mishap to tell us why. I'd love to have him blindly look at swings and then tell us where the ball went with his extensive knowledge.

He's a fraud.

I have to whole-heartedly disagree. He's the best I've ever seen on TV. I love it that he speaks his mind and doesn't give a shit what the players think. He's honest, articulate, opinionated and, most importantly, is almost always correct.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller toes the line a LOT, and has clearly gone over it few times, but I like him also...Venturi was tough to listen to near the end, but I liked his candor as well.

That said a lot of time the sound is not even on when I'm watching golf...the majors, bigger events yes, but background music is on most of the time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller toes the line a LOT, and has clearly gone over it few times, but I like him also...Venturi was tough to listen to near the end, but I liked his candor as well.

That said a lot of time the sound is not even on when I'm watching golf...the majors, bigger events yes, but background music is on most of the time.

I really like to hear the analysis so I listen as well as watch. Did you happen to see that giant gator chomping on that fish out in the lake on 16 on Sunday? I've never seen anything that big in the U.S. in my life. He looked downright deadly.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that Miller speaks his mind and so good on that but you guys don't think he's full of shit on his analysis of a swing after knowing the outcome of the shot?

Do you believe he could look at swings and foretell the outcome?

I say fraud.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that Miller speaks his mind and so good on that but you guys don't think he's full of shit on his analysis of a swing after knowing the outcome of the shot?

I say fraud.

No. I think he has one of the best understandings of the golf swing of anyone currently around the game. I think his being so opinionated about it rubs some people the wrong way but he definitely knows his shit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say fraud.

No...but I'm missing the fraud angle...I'm waiting for the day a player retorts back about Miller's putting, but most may be too young to remember the guy couldn't make a 2 footer if his life depended on it near the end...that's one reason he never gave the Sr tour much of a thought, fortunately he became a star analyst.

I don't think anybody has been harder on players than Dottie Pepper when she say the US team was choking like dogs on air @ the Soleheim Cup...that was epic!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...but I'm missing the fraud angle...I'm waiting for the day a player retorts back about Miller's putting, but most may be too young to remember the guy couldn't make a 2 footer if his life depended on it near the end...that's one reason he never gave the Sr tour much of a thought, fortunately he became a star analyst.

I don't think anybody has been harder on players than Dottie Pepper when she say the US team was choking like dogs on air @ the Soleheim Cup...that was epic!

Yep, Miller got the yips and it drove him out of the game. But before he got that affliction he was a very good putter at times. He could have easily won six or seven Majors but he was in his prime when some of the finest players who ever played the game were also in theirs.

As for someone calling him out about his putting, he's never made any secret about his having the yips and how it caused him to leave the game. He talks about it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Miller got the yips and it drove him out of the game. But before he got that affliction he was a very good putter at times. He could have easily won six or seven Majors but he was in his prime when some of the finest players who ever played the game were also in theirs.

As for someone calling him out about his putting, he's never made any secret about his having the yips and how it caused him to leave the game. He talks about it all the time.

Miller had serious game...63 in a USO? That's about as serious as serious gets...at one point I think he put fear into the field probably moreso than Jack did.

Yeah, I've heard him talk about it...he did a Shell Wonderful World of Golf series when they brought it back...played Jack I think...he still has the yips...kind of sad.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller had serious game...63 in a USO? That's about as serious as serious gets...at one point I think he put fear into the field probably moreso than Jack did.

Yeah, I've heard him talk about it...he did a Shell Wonderful World of Golf series when they brought it back...played Jack I think...he still has the yips...kind of sad.

He was the best in the world from 72 to 76 or so. I remember he won in Phoenix and Tucson back to back in '75 and had a 61 at both tournaments. Then he got the yips. Remember, I think it was '94, he had that miraculous win at Pebble Beach? No one thought he haf game any longer but he did. He is the Man!