• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rory with eagle chance opportunity win

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long-n-straight works well at Augusta, but the short game and putting will trump the long ball everytime.

No doubt on the putting...imo the key to winning there is drive it well on the par 5s, and iron play in general. If you're off with your irons, the difficulty getting it U&D increases. FWIW...Mike Weir is the only short hitter to win on a wet Augusta National since they've lengthen it.

If it's fast and dry, accuracy off the tee rewards the shorter hitters.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is I don't believe Woods had a health issue. I believe he was pissed, thought he was out of it and quit.

That could very well be true. I know he doesn't need it, but he likes money too much to bail on a check. If you make the cut and W/D do you still get a last place check or no? Shouldn't imo.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see Rory fold but holy shit what a shot into #18!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see Rory fold but holy shit what a shot into #18!

How come? He seems like a genuinely nice guy to me. I was rooting for him to close it. I always feel bad when someone melts down and blows a win.................unless its Tiger Woods.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that the teeth of this course really came out on Sunday. Just about the entire field was struggling a bit. I did not really see this as a true meltdown for Rory. It was more like he just could not weather the storm as well as the other leaders.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get so sooo jacked up over the Ryder Cup that it exaggerates my Nationalism over golf!

...and if it was three days of singles, we'd still kick their asses every year!

I don't have any cause to dislike Rory, but if he folds to an American, then all's good.

I like Faldo and Els, but mostly it's F the Euros for this homer :suds:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get so sooo jacked up over the Ryder Cup that it exaggerates my Nationalism over golf!

I don't have any cause to dislike Rory, but if he folds to an American, then all's good.

I try to like Faldo but he seems like such an ass on the CBS broadcasts. This insistence on being called "Sir Nick" is really tiresome as is the English flag on his lapel that he wears because Nance wears an American one on his. He had one of the great lines though when he finally won the British Open after years of being tormented by the British press who called him "Foldo".

In his victory speech he said "To all the British Press, I'd like to thank you from the heart of my bottom".

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is quite an honor to be so named.

But ok, fuck all the euros!!!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that the teeth of this course really came out on Sunday. Just about the entire field was struggling a bit. I did not really see this as a true meltdown for Rory. It was more like he just could not weather the storm as well as the other leaders.

This. That course is brutal when the wind comes up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is quite an honor to be so named.

But ok, fuck all the euros!!!

Maybe 300 years ago, but today it just sound pompous and silly to me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Jean Van De Veldeish...but too many 60s posted on Sunday for this not to be at least a breakdown if not an outright meltdown...these were the nervy parts of his round imo...the dbl on 16, he pretty much fanned that approach into the water from the bunker, gotta take the water out of play there and he makes no worse than 5...on 17, can't blame him for being in the bunker, but couldn't make the putt.

Great approach and eagle putt on 18 in regulation...the chip in the playoff looked like a rank amateur.

I like the kid, but he blew that one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Jean Van De Veldeish...but too many 60s posted on Sunday for this not to be at least a breakdown if not an outright meltdown...these were the nervy parts of his round imo...the dbl on 16, he pretty much fanned that approach into the water from the bunker, gotta take the water out of play there and he makes no worse than 5...on 17, can't blame him for being in the bunker, but couldn't make the putt.

Great approach and eagle putt on 18 in regulation...the chip in the playoff looked like a rank amateur.

He did blow it. What really irks me is that shot on 18 would have been part of Rory lore had he won. Now ..not so much.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too, but I don't hold our failure against the Euros, I blame the Americans for their choking collapses.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh me too, we suck, but I cannot help but to enjoy a euro collapse!

Especially Monty and Sergio.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. He pushed the putt ftw after that great shot. To be fair he would have had to have made the chip on the extra hole, but that's about as bad a chip as you'll ever see from a pro... and I thought Miller gave him a lot of slack for assuming a pebble was the reason for the poor bunker shot. The kid is great but basically he choked it away.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh me too, we suck, but I cannot help but to enjoy a euro collapse!

Especially Monty and Sergio.

Ha ha! Everyone in my family hates Monty. When we were living in Europe in the 80s we only got one American TV channel and we used to watch a lot of golf. We'd take the top 5 names on Sunday and toss them in a hat and draw for the guy who would play for us. Whatever player finished the highest was the "winner" in our game. You got 15 bucks for a win, 10 for second and 5 for third. Monty ,in those days, was always near the top and my girls and my wife used to hate it when they drew Monty's name.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He pushed the putt ftw after that great shot. To be fair he would have had to have made the chip on the extra hole, but that's about as bad a chip as you'll ever see from a pro... and I thought Miller gave him a lot of slack for assuming a pebble was the reason for the poor bunker shot. The kid is great but basically he choked it away.

The preceding sand shot wasn't much better. It put him in the "make or go home" situation in the first place.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice that alligator yesterday on 16 scarfing on that huge fish? That thing was gigantic! It looked like an African crocodile instead of a gator. Biggest I've ever seen in the U.S.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Everyone in my family hates Monty. When we were living in Europe in the 80s we only got one American TV channel and we used to watch a lot of golf. We'd take the top 5 names on Sunday and toss them in a hat and draw for the guy who would play for us. Whatever player finished the highest was the "winner" in our game. You got 15 bucks for a win, 10 for second and 5 for third. Monty ,in those days, was always near the top and my girls and my wife used to hate it when they drew Monty's name.

Ya, know I really disliked Monty mostly because of the RC, but he was kind of a sympathetic figure as his career went on towards the end.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, know I really disliked Monty mostly because of the RC, but he was kind of a sympathetic figure as his career went on towards the end.

Me too. He provides some excellent insight into the game whenever he's on the Golf Channel. I think he was working the Ryder Cup two years ago and the U.S. Open last year and I thought he did an excellent job.