• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rondo to Mavs?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman I disagree. Cuban getting rejected will set off fireworks like Dwight's departure in LA. They will go all in with a max deal or near that

Guess we will have to wait and see, but I doubt they offer him a max deal and if Rondo leaves it won't be the end of the world.

Trust me, if this drags out to the end of the season and Dallas resigns Tyson over Rondo...not many fans in Dallas will give a crap. We haven't given much up to get him.

I love the pickup, but not going to be devastated if we are only renting him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas doesn't NEED Rondo. This deal is pretty similar to what happens in baseball all of the time. Dallas has a good team but really needed a move to take them over the edge.

I just think that if Ellis and Parsons are in their long term future, Rondo is, too. Dallas has clearly shown a reluctance with Chandler despite being pivotal in their Championship run. Chandler is likely the rental with Rondo the keeper unless the team doesn't play well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i'm just sayin'. guy can pass, good in transition, can penetrate. but outside of that...

and then throw in the draft picks...

The Mavs are in "win now" mode. Dirk is coming down towards the end of his career and they'd like to get him another ring before he retires. I don't know if this move does that, but it definitely improves their chances.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are in "win now" mode. Dirk is coming down towards the end of his
career and they'd like to get him another ring before he retires.

^this

The only thing I see that could hurt the Mavs is the front line depth. If Tyson goes down, you are screwed. But the Mavs got a lot better on defense with Rondo as well. And they will have to play D when April hits and things start to get more physical.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo is the real winner here. He knows Cuban cannot give up assets just for a 6 month rental . Rondo could get a max out of Dallas. Cuban cannot let him walk.

?

Dallas is the big winner. They didn't give anything up. They gave up what will be a late 1st round pick and a late 2nd round pick. Those have little to no real value in the NBA.

I have no idea why the Celtics would trade him this much before the trade deadline for such peanuts. They could have got these crumbs in February and at least hoped that Rondo's value improves over the next month and a half. And all it would take is a PG to go down with a season ending injury for a team to jump in and actually up the bids.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not really. It depends on what pick they would have sent. I think the only ones eligible for trade are the one they get from Houston this year (most likely in the 20s) or distant future picks (like around 2019). So that pick could be good or could be bad. It's so far off its just an unknown. The Mavs deal was the superior package.

How could it be superior when the first rounders will be similar? The 2015 Lakers pick, via Houston, will be in the 20s. The pick from Dallas is protected enough to make it a 2016 first rounder. If this works out in Dallas, it will be a late first rounder as well.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF by default u could say its a tank. But celtics record was no worse with rondo than without him. Rondo was very up and down, but up if it was a nationally televised game. Cornbread stated tonite everyone is happy with the change. I am guessing even Wright will be happier as we will get a chance to see if he is a starter.

Everyone wins. How many of you remember the old CBS days when I was in love with this guy.

And Danny got him in the late first round via Pheonix. That was a genius move at the time

Interestingly, if you follow the path of that pick, you'll see it was originally a Lakers pick.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas doesn't NEED Rondo. This deal is pretty similar to what happens in baseball all of the time. Dallas has a good team but really needed a move to take them over the edge.

I just think that if Ellis and Parsons are in their long term future, Rondo is, too. Dallas has clearly shown a reluctance with Chandler despite being pivotal in their Championship run. Chandler is likely the rental with Rondo the keeper unless the team doesn't play well.

No one in Dallas or that follows Dallas feels Tyson is the rental. We wanted to keep him, but couldn't so he went where the dollars were. Then we traded for him back and have already discussed his next contract. Rondo may not be a rental either, but if I had to pick one of them to stay it's going to be Tyson.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^this

The only thing I see that could hurt the Mavs is the front line depth. If Tyson goes down, you are screwed. But the Mavs got a lot better on defense with Rondo as well. And they will have to play D when April hits and things start to get more physical.

If Tyson went down before, we were screwed. Brandan is a good bench player, but not a starting #5 in the NBA.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't Crowder the last of the "guys" they brought in after they gutted the Championship team?

He was drafted, might have been that year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas won this deal hands down. Boston basically gave up Rondo for peanuts.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this trade.

Rondo will average 8ppg and 12 dimes easily.

He will have a field day serving it up for Monta, Dirk, Parsons and Tyson.

Pass first pg with a defensive mentality.

PERFECT.

Congrats, Mavs Fans!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in Dallas or that follows Dallas feels Tyson is the rental. We wanted to keep him, but couldn't so he went where the dollars were. Then we traded for him back and have already discussed his next contract. Rondo may not be a rental either, but if I had to pick one of them to stay it's going to be Tyson.
I honestly dont get why Tyson was ever considered a rental other than a Buy Low/Sell High mentality that completely ignored the prime of Dirk being superstar player trying to win multiple championships. Tyson is really important to that team.

Rondo is a wildcard. We still dont really know how good he is...has he just not been trying lately or has his game regressed? Dallas has nothing to lose with this move because Rondo is going to be better than Nelson but by what degree? How good is Rondo at defense right now?

The problem Dallas has is that if Rondo works out then he is a max player and if he doesn't work out then he probably bails for a different team.

I personally believe that Rondo is still a good player and a legit asset in the playoffs. He currently isnt a max player

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see Wright in action to see if this guy is a solution or a rental as well. The trade should have brought us back more if we look back two years. Back then, Boston thought they could rebuild around Rondo, and then he went down and any option to get max value trade went away. That knee damage was also Boston asset damage.

Its not a great return IMO but its return, which is important. Danny has had some great trades as of late, in the case of the Nets deal a phenomenal deal, this one is just eh.

They can flip these players because of it being done yesterday. There is so many trades ahead.

I must say I am glad we are not going to pay Rondo on emotions. He is a $15M player, he is not a $20M+ player.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this trade.

Rondo will average 8ppg and 12 dimes easily.

He will have a field day serving it up for Monta, Dirk, Parsons and Tyson.

Pass first pg with a defensive mentality.

PERFECT.

Congrats, Mavs Fans!

I love it too Mecca. The West is full of quality PG's. Now - we have one of the best defensive PG's in the business who can distribute. Carlisle is going to love him.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Rondo will excell in Dallas

Right fit

He wants a max an is motivated to show he is worth it