• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Needs To Go

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have an answer at this point?

What is really going to happen? I agree with Kbso; it does NO good to post every week that Rivera needs to be fired. I help lead the charge on that so I need to relax for starters.

I honestly have no idea what Snyder is going to do. If I was a betting man, I would bet:

Rivera puts a few nice games together and the team wins 3 in a row or so.
Wentz puts up a few games like the JAX game and the fans get back on the train with him.
The team does NOTHING at the trade deadline
The team wins 7 or 8 games
Rivera gets another year
LMAO!! I think it is between you and country for who has called for RR's firing the most.

You have a funny way of saying what the fans think. I don't think Wentz has ever had the fans behind him. Hell, what fans? Only us old timers are left. Cousins was the best QB here in forever and so many wanted him gone. Honestly you see very few Washington jerseys or hats anymore. I see more Ravens gear than Washington.

How about D'amico Ryan for the next HC. Kyle would shoot him before letting him do that.

It is the same old story here. It has been going on since Gibbs Part 1 ended.

I encourage you or others here to find other teams you like. You don't have to give up on Washington. Just to find some sanity. LA vs. San Fran was fun tonight. Two old Washington assistants who are better than anyone that has been here in a long time. Cousins with two straight 4th quarter comebacks. Do you have a favorite college? I root for former Penn State players no matter where they play. It is not going to happen here duke .... sorry buddy.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is in no position to fire his coach. He has more pressing issues. We're fing screwed. RR will also play Wentz regardless and fuk himself out of a 2nd round pick next year because he is that stubborn.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is in no position to fire his coach. He has more pressing issues. We're fing screwed. RR will also play Wentz regardless and fuk himself out of a 2nd round pick next year because he is that stubborn.
That pick might be in the 30s. God I hope they are keeping track of Wentz's snap count.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!! I think it is between you and country for who has called for RR's firing the most.

You have a funny way of saying what the fans think. I don't think Wentz has ever had the fans behind him. Hell, what fans? Only us old timers are left. Cousins was the best QB here in forever and so many wanted him gone. Honestly you see very few Washington jerseys or hats anymore. I see more Ravens gear than Washington.

How about D'amico Ryan for the next HC. Kyle would shoot him before letting him do that.

It is the same old story here. It has been going on since Gibbs Part 1 ended.

I encourage you or others here to find other teams you like. You don't have to give up on Washington. Just to find some sanity. LA vs. San Fran was fun tonight. Two old Washington assistants who are better than anyone that has been here in a long time. Cousins with two straight 4th quarter comebacks. Do you have a favorite college? I root for former Penn State players no matter where they play. It is not going to happen here duke .... sorry buddy.
Don't take this the wrong way Sportster but the first I thought of when I read this was when Bluto told Flounder:
"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

LOL....

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take this the wrong way Sportster but the first I thought of when I read this was when Bluto told Flounder:
"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

LOL....
:pound::pound:That's funny .... and I agree.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sheehan's bold prediction this morning was Skins win 5 games, Ron and Dan mutually agree to part ways, Mayhew is the GM and he hires the Lions Off. Coordinator.

From a guy who interviews Ron from time to time.

Is this thing really over?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sheehan's bold prediction this morning was Skins win 5 games, Ron and Dan mutually agree to part ways, Mayhew is the GM and he hires the Lions Off. Coordinator.

From a guy who interviews Ron from time to time.

Is this thing really over?
I think we get to 7 or 8 wins, but what do I know?

I think Rivera and Dan parting ways would be a best-case scenario compared to Dan canning Rivera.

Not sure we would keep Mayhew around as he was a Rivera hire right? Also, Ben Johnson is not ready to be a HC. He only has 4 games total as an OC?

That would be a mess for sure.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Sndyer bought the team in 1999 below is how the team has performed in that time and who the HC was:

Turner 10-6
Turner, Robiske 8-8
Schottenheirmer 8-8
Spurrier 7-9
5-11
Gibbs 6-10
10-6
5-11
9-7
Zorn 8-8
4-12
Shananah 6-10
5-11
10-6
3-13
Gruden 4-12
9-7
8-7-1
7-9
7-9
Gruden, Callahan 3-13
Rivera 7-9
7-10
1-3

For years I have heard fans say we need a new coach, FO needs a make over. None of that is really wrong but when you look at the records under Snyder you'll this 10 wins (4 time's); less than 7 wins (8 time's) the rest of the time was 7, 8 or 9 wins. History suggests the HC hasn't really made a difference. The one constant is Dan. I guess that is my point ... sure get rid of Rivera, he almost seems to be going backwards at the moment. What if he does win 7-8 games this year. That would be one of the better runs under Snyder. Be careful what you wish for? Who would replace RR? A young coach? Who would handle personnel?

The team is in it's 5th year post Cousins; 9, 8 and 7 wins as a full time QB. There has been a different QB every year since he left. Is next year the sixth year with a different QB?

In part duke and others are right. They need a better coach, they need a real GM, they need a QB. Who will change Dan? Who will be a good coach. Who will be a good GM and who will be a good QB? I would love to hear suggestions ... not guys you want but guys who you think would work for Dan, be a good coach and/or a good GM and where the hell is the QB of the future? If that can't be figured out an executed then there is going to be a lot more of the same.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Sndyer bought the team in 1999 below is how the team has performed in that time and who the HC was:

Turner 10-6
Turner, Robiske 8-8
Schottenheirmer 8-8
Spurrier 7-9
5-11
Gibbs 6-10
10-6
5-11
9-7
Zorn 8-8
4-12
Shananah 6-10
5-11
10-6
3-13
Gruden 4-12
9-7
8-7-1
7-9
7-9
Gruden, Callahan 3-13
Rivera 7-9
7-10
1-3

For years I have heard fans say we need a new coach, FO needs a make over. None of that is really wrong but when you look at the records under Snyder you'll this 10 wins (4 time's); less than 7 wins (8 time's) the rest of the time was 7, 8 or 9 wins. History suggests the HC hasn't really made a difference. The one constant is Dan. I guess that is my point ... sure get rid of Rivera, he almost seems to be going backwards at the moment. What if he does win 7-8 games this year. That would be one of the better runs under Snyder. Be careful what you wish for? Who would replace RR? A young coach? Who would handle personnel?

The team is in it's 5th year post Cousins; 9, 8 and 7 wins as a full time QB. There has been a different QB every year since he left. Is next year the sixth year with a different QB?

In part duke and others are right. They need a better coach, they need a real GM, they need a QB. Who will change Dan? Who will be a good coach. Who will be a good GM and who will be a good QB? I would love to hear suggestions ... not guys you want but guys who you think would work for Dan, be a good coach and/or a good GM and where the hell is the QB of the future? If that can't be figured out an executed then there is going to be a lot more of the same.
So what is the alternative Sportster? If I am understanding you correctly, NOBODY can succeed under Snyder? The data you provided cannot be disputed.

Again, as I previously said, if nobody can succeed under Snyder and Snyder would rather lose than do the right thing, why are people wasting their time being a fan? Everyone should go dormant or simply find another team. I suggested this and was told to leave the board. I will give you props as the other day you suggested this very thing. Just like in "Fever Pitch", the quote was "you love the Red Sox but have they ever loved you back?"

The problem I have with the whole "it's Dan's fault" is that it absolves players and coaches of poor performance. To be clear:

Snyder isn't missing tackles
Snyder isn't dropping passes
Snyder isn't holding the ball too long
Snyder isn't signing free-agent busts
Snyder isn't calling poor defensive schemes
Snyder isn't decided who starts and who is benched

By blaming Snyder for everything wrong with the team, it detracts from the main culprits who are responsible for the on-field play. Yes, Snyder is responsible for hiring incompetent people and creating a terrible atmosphere within the organization. To your question, who will work for him, I don't know. I have stated that we need to mirror what the Chiefs and Rams have done: hire a coach/GM duo. Dan probably will not go for that but that is the new standard in the league and it appears to be working. Like I said, it all comes down to IF Dan TRULY wants to win. If he does, he will adapt.

I agree that Rivera is taking the team in the wrong direction. He has obliterated the roster. Again, not one poster/fan ever provided a shred of evidence that Rivera knew what he was doing when it came to front office responsibilities. You simply cannot argue with history and the past few years.

There again, if the team wins today, the usual posts of "Wentz is our man" and "Rivera is turning it around finally" will grace the board. As you stated, everyone has their own opinion. However, after a while, it appears it's trolling. Refusing to be rational, seeing the facts, and causing confusion is what trolling is. After a while, it is not an opinion anymore...it is simply promoting ignorance. Refusing to admit that Wentz and Rivera are taking the team in the wrong direction is simply self-deception at this point.

It would be the same as if I wanted to start arguing that:

The earth is flat
The US faked the moon landings
The lost colony of Roanoke is on the moon

Yes, those are in a way "opinions" but they are also absurd conspiracy theories that are not worth the time to argue. That is how I view the whole "wait and see" approach with Wentz and Rivera. It simply causes confusion at this point.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the alternative Sportster? If I am understanding you correctly, NOBODY can succeed under Snyder? The data you provided cannot be disputed.

Again, as I previously said, if nobody can succeed under Snyder and Snyder would rather lose than do the right thing, why are people wasting their time being a fan? Everyone should go dormant or simply find another team. I suggested this and was told to leave the board. I will give you props as the other day you suggested this very thing. Just like in "Fever Pitch", the quote was "you love the Red Sox but have they ever loved you back?"

The problem I have with the whole "it's Dan's fault" is that it absolves players and coaches of poor performance. To be clear:

Snyder isn't missing tackles
Snyder isn't dropping passes
Snyder isn't holding the ball too long
Snyder isn't signing free-agent busts
Snyder isn't calling poor defensive schemes
Snyder isn't decided who starts and who is benched

By blaming Snyder for everything wrong with the team, it detracts from the main culprits who are responsible for the on-field play. Yes, Snyder is responsible for hiring incompetent people and creating a terrible atmosphere within the organization. To your question, who will work for him, I don't know. I have stated that we need to mirror what the Chiefs and Rams have done: hire a coach/GM duo. Dan probably will not go for that but that is the new standard in the league and it appears to be working. Like I said, it all comes down to IF Dan TRULY wants to win. If he does, he will adapt.

I agree that Rivera is taking the team in the wrong direction. He has obliterated the roster. Again, not one poster/fan ever provided a shred of evidence that Rivera knew what he was doing when it came to front office responsibilities. You simply cannot argue with history and the past few years.

There again, if the team wins today, the usual posts of "Wentz is our man" and "Rivera is turning it around finally" will grace the board. As you stated, everyone has their own opinion. However, after a while, it appears it's trolling. Refusing to be rational, seeing the facts, and causing confusion is what trolling is. After a while, it is not an opinion anymore...it is simply promoting ignorance. Refusing to admit that Wentz and Rivera are taking the team in the wrong direction is simply self-deception at this point.

It would be the same as if I wanted to start arguing that:

The earth is flat
The US faked the moon landings
The lost colony of Roanoke is on the moon

Yes, those are in a way "opinions" but they are also absurd conspiracy theories that are not worth the time to argue. That is how I view the whole "wait and see" approach with Wentz and Rivera. It simply causes confusion at this point.
I think you're reading comprehension was way off from what I said. You also did what you accuse dean of all the time. You answered questions with questions. :noidea:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're reading comprehension was way off from what I said. You also did what you accuse dean of all the time. You answered questions with questions. :noidea:
Ok, then what are you trying to say?

I am gathering that under Snyder's history, no coach/GM has established long-term success AND, who wants to work with Snyder?

What questions did I ask that were answering questions? I have been more upfront and blunt about the situation than any other poster here. I made my thoughts clear from the get-go and never once said "let's wait and see". I have said:

Rivera was the wrong choice to head a front office
Wentz was the wrong QB to acquire
Turner was not ready to be an OC

I provided my recommendations under a previous post.

Is that clear enough? I see the situation for what it is...not for what I want it to be out of blind loyalty. I don't simply ignore the facts to promote my agenda.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am gathering that under Snyder's history, no coach/GM has established long-term success AND, who wants to work with Snyder?

What questions did I ask that were answering questions? I have been more upfront and blunt about the situation than any other poster here. I made my thoughts clear from the get-go and never once said "let's wait and see". I have said:

Is that clear enough? I see the situation for what it is...not for what I want it to be out of blind loyalty. I don't simply ignore the facts to promote my agenda.
Blind loyalty? What the fuck are you talking about?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will all change at seasons end Duke. Thankfully.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron is not making a good case to stay. Horrible challenge. No chance to win it and blew a huge TO. We have to have the worst oline in the league.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I have told you more than once although my post wasn't directed at you. Change coaches, don't change coaches, add a GM, get a QB .... do you have any reason base on what I posted to believe it will make much of a difference in the long run. I am not attached to RR ,Turner, Wentz etc. I think it would be an accident if all or even half of those elements were hired. Your best hope is Snyder gets booted but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Part 2 - if you have already presented your choices then great. I was looking to see if anyone else had any ideas.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New ownership is necessary, but in the absence of new ownership:

Fire everybody on the football side
Hire a GM from a team that is a consistent winner: chiefs, eagles (3 rebuilds in 20 years), ravens, packers.
Have the GM study how these franchises do everything
Invest in infrastructure: analytics, facilities upgrades, practice facilities, etc
Have the GM hire a coach that shares the same philosophy as they do.
Prioritize innovative thinking, techniques, philosophy, etc.
Tell the fanbase what your plan is and to rxpect both rebuilding and sustaines success.
Rennovate FedEx Field and try to get the team back in to DC proper.
Lean on your team leaders - TM, JAllen, asking them what they’d like to see.
Get the cap under control and the draft under control.
Suck year one
Suck less year two
Expect .500 or better year three
Expect contention year four

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I have told you more than once although my post wasn't directed at you. Change coaches, don't change coaches, add a GM, get a QB .... do you have any reason base on what I posted to believe it will make much of a difference in the long run. I am not attached to RR ,Turner, Wentz etc. I think it would be an accident if all or even half of those elements were hired. Your best hope is Snyder gets booted but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Part 2 - if you have already presented your choices then great. I was looking to see if anyone else had any ideas.
The only reason I have that things would change is that the formula has worked for other teams in the league. To clarify, I mean hiring a GM/coach combo OR hiring a GM to build the football side; I think one of those could work. To my knowledge, Dan never tried to so we do not know it would not work in WSH.

Will Dan do it...probably not. He wants to hire a "yes man" President/GM with a coach or have a coach-centric model.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New ownership is necessary, but in the absence of new ownership:

Fire everybody on the football side
Hire a GM from a team that is a consistent winner: chiefs, eagles (3 rebuilds in 20 years), ravens, packers.
Have the GM study how these franchises do everything
Invest in infrastructure: analytics, facilities upgrades, practice facilities, etc
Have the GM hire a coach that shares the same philosophy as they do.
Prioritize innovative thinking, techniques, philosophy, etc.
Tell the fanbase what your plan is and to rxpect both rebuilding and sustaines success.
Rennovate FedEx Field and try to get the team back in to DC proper.
Lean on your team leaders - TM, JAllen, asking them what they’d like to see.
Get the cap under control and the draft under control.
Suck year one
Suck less year two
Expect .500 or better year three
Expect contention year four
I agree 100% what you said. I said we should raid the Chiefs front office and pay the Assistant GM and anyone else he wants to bring all stupid money to fix our train wreck.

You are one of the few who have figured it out. What I mean is that you know that Rivera is NOT the future and that Wentz is a disaster.

I think fans look at the box score with Wentz and don't watch the game. They see the big numbers but don't see the critical mistakes with the game on the line. That is what prompted Philly and then Irsay to give him the boot.
I think some posters are so desperate to appear right that they won't admit what the rest of the NFL predicted.