• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo plan

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this great cap thinking is like fantasy football to me. you guys keep forgetting what will JERRY DO.

I don't think the Ware situation had anything to do with anything other than 7M to spend this season...nothing more

we shall see

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this great cap thinking is like fantasy football to me. you guys keep forgetting what will JERRY DO.

I don't think the Ware situation had anything to do with anything other than 7M to spend this season...nothing more

we shall see

Are you saying that if Ware was healthy and had say 19 sacs last year ...that he would still be cut?

To me, you just can't look at raw numbers in a vacuum. What if in the next 2 years Romo wins 2 or 3 playoff games and is playing the best football of his life? Ugly numbers or not ...if guys are playing at the top of their game ...the choice may be already made for you.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that if Ware was healthy and had say 19 sacs last year ...that he would still be cut?

To me, you just can't look at raw numbers in a vacuum. What if in the next 2 years Romo wins 2 or 3 playoff games and is playing the best football of his life? Ugly numbers or not ...if guys are playing at the top of their game ...the choice may be already made for you.

That's a great take. I think it's what made the decision so tough for Jerry, because he realizes Ware could have a monster year this season and it would only add to him looking like a buffoon. I'm not going to complain when Jerry actually shows some restraint when it comes to the cap when it momes to players in their 30's, hopefully it's a trend

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope....Did not say that

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great take. I think it's what made the decision so tough for Jerry, because he realizes Ware could have a monster year this season and it would only add to him looking like a buffoon. I'm not going to complain when Jerry actually shows some restraint when it comes to the cap when it momes to players in their 30's, hopefully it's a trend

While I can agree what Ware may do played a part in making the decision to cut him difficult for Jerry I think the main reason was Jerry's normal MO of holding onto the players he loves. I really think Ware can have a great year but it wasn't worth risking 13M to find out.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he retires due to injury. Romo will be here in 2016.