• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo just needs to hang them up

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that was a weird hit. From on top, kind of like an upside down pile drive.

I guess it's too late to take a tumbling class. He could get hurt learning. But somewhere along the line he should have learned how to fall down. He puts himself in such awkward positions, that a hard hit from any angle is almost sure to jam him up. He's his own worst enemy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was a little unnecessary as Romo was sliding and you can't hit a QB when he's giving himself up so while not intentional it was uncalled for.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's too late to take a tumbling class. He could get hurt learning. But somewhere along the line he should have learned how to fall down. He puts himself in such awkward positions, that a hard hit from any angle is almost sure to jam him up. He's his own worst enemy.

I can't think of many times I've seen a hit just like that one though.

Sure he has to be more careful, but that was a very odd contact vector.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
I think every Cowboy fan out there is 100% over the moon thrilled with Dak so far. Doesn't mean we want him playing week 1 though...
And where does what I wrote disagree with that in any way?

Speaking of head-scratching.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
I think every Cowboy fan out there is 100% over the moon thrilled with Dak so far. Doesn't mean we want him playing week 1 though...

If this keeps up though, sooner or later Romo is going to get Bledsoed....

He's go off for something and never get back on.

I hope it's later rather than sooner but that is out of my hands.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was a little unnecessary as Romo was sliding and you can't hit a QB when he's giving himself up so while not intentional it was uncalled for.

Avril had already lunged towards him before the slide. Absolutely nothing wrong with that play. Also, he was targeting the ball for a strip, not Romos body.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you get for sliding like a retarded Nancy.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14068109_809805465827180_3288877265774506629_n.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Keeping a list are you?

Never answered my question about your defense last night either. You said you liked your units play and the Seahawks patchwork mostly unproven rookie line left Wilson all day in pass plays for the most part. Really like that dallas D with what you saw? They weren't bad on run D, but there was no real pass rush of any kind. I'd be a bit concerned.
No worries... It's only preseason.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel bad for Tony. I have always seen him trying so hard thru his injuries and just can't make a season. Nothing but respect for the guy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries... It's only preseason.
Didn't question about worry, I asked him if he was sticking by his statement that he liked both units. I have no problems saying the hawks had issues tackling and looked like crap against the run. Doesn't mean we don't understand it's just preseason and doesn't mean they will be bad in two weeks.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe people think Dallas should sit Romo or even say, "THe Boys will be fine if Dak has to play".

Cowboys fans have EVERY right to be pumped about how Dak is playing. Just like....

1. I was pumped when Bradford shredded GB last pre season and went 10 for 10 looking like an all pro

2. Just like the Lions fans were pumped when they went 4-0 in pre season only to go 0-16

3. Just like Eagles fans were pumped NICK FOLES shredded a team for 7 TD's in one game.

Dak has preformed flawlessly so far in about 1 preseasons game worth of time. He might turn out to be a great player and a huge steal. But he could also be Nick Foles. Imagine if Dak threw 7 TDs in one preseason game. Means NOTHING.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm quite good. I calls 'em as I sees 'em...and you just can't deal with the fact that no one cares to discuss your team...
Then you are either blind as a bat or easily confused because that last post was pulled directly from your arse.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that was a weird hit. From on top, kind of like an upside down pile drive.

Yeah the positioning was weird. He didn't see the guy loose behind him and was sliding to avoid the LB coming at him from downfield. The pass rusher coming from behind was diving to make a normal wrap up, but Romo was sitting down as he dove for the tackle.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or did Elliott knock Chancellor's nuts off last night:D
Zeke is a rookie and the 4th overall pic. He needs to prove himself for many reasons.
Kam is a 5th rounder and has played many preseason games. He has already proven himself whereas the rook has not.
Crown him if you wish.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is slanted towards the offense. The play was legal all the way around.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the video again. Watch it slowly. Avril was already lunging and going after a swipe at the ball before there was any indication Romo was going to slide. There is zero ways you can put anything on the defender in that situation. I mean you can't expect these guys to anticipate shit that hasn't happened yet.

Love all the shit talk on twitter calling it a dirty hit. Some real dumbasses on the web these days.

If that kind of hit can take you down you have some issues. You aren't going to survive long in the regular season. QB's get far worse on a regular basis.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the video again. Watch it slowly. Avril was already lunging and going after a swipe at the ball before there was any indication Romo was going to slide. There is zero ways you can put anything on the defender in that situation. I mean you can't expect these guys to anticipate shit that hasn't happened yet.

Love all the shit talk on twitter calling it a dirty hit. Some real dumbasses on the web these days.

If that kind of hit can take you down you have some issues. You aren't going to survive long in the regular season. QB's get far worse on a regular basis.

Yeah, Romo was still on his feet when contact was made, haven't really heard any here calling it cheap. Starting to lean, but definitely not a slide yet.

(1) A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. This does not mean that all contact by a defender is illegal. If a defender has already committed himself, and the contact is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender commits some other act, such as helmet-to-helmet contact or by driving his forearm or shoulder into the head or neck area of the runner.

(2) A runner who desires to take advantage of this protection is responsible for starting his slide before contact by a defensive player is imminent; if he does not, and waits until the last moment to begin his slide, he puts himself in jeopardy of being contacted.

Him launching when running at full speed (defenders final step)

romo2.gif

Contact with Romo still on his feet.
romo.gif