• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo just needs to hang them up

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys offense definitely looks strong, but their defense is pretty suspect and they have several defensive linemen and linebackers who will be out due to suspensions. So, while I think they have a very good chance of winning the division, it's not a lock. The Redskins in particular could give them a run for their money IMO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
Because preseason tells the whole story?
I'd imagine he is also basing that on his perception of the rest of that division. Who else looks like they have the firepower to run that division?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - Why does Romo seem to always take the most awkward hits. That simple tackle from behind looked like his entire spinal chord got compressed.
I actually think Jerry pissed off the football Gods long ago and is cursed. The football gods fuck with jerry through Romo. I was at a bar last night when the game started and you shoulda heard the shit coming outta peoples mouth after the 3rd play.

Gotta love football fans!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not known as a Romo Lover on the Dallas board, and I was all over a Prescott pick in January. I have no clue why you would assume I'm discouraged. I'm pumped but I also know Prescott sits when Romo can play. I know this offense has talent, but much of that has to do with Romo's skill set under center. Prescott looks the part thus far and I feel real good with him stepping in for a game or two. I think anyone in the Dallas organization will tell you that but not as THE guy. Not while Romo is active on the Dallas roster.

So then why would you get all angst-ridden about people pointing out that a guy with BACK ISSUES might be done, and Prescott being a starter sooner than later?

I know YOU would never argue just to argue....

(that was sarcasm btw)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Prescott, I have been impressed like most people. But some analysts noted prior to last night's game that EVERY snap he had taken up to that point had been from shotgun. No center exchanges.

Of course, the Cowboys would play to his strengths if he was pressed into service. But I do think teams would game plan for him more and possibly make his life a little more difficult if he had to be the man in Dallas.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Jerry pissed off the football Gods long ago and is cursed. The football gods fuck with jerry through Romo. I was at a bar last night when the game started and you shoulda heard the shit coming outta peoples mouth after the 3rd play.

Gotta love football fans!
I was shocked he even played.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine he is also basing that on his perception of the rest of that division. Who else looks like they have the firepower to run that division?
I realize that, but "dominate"? I see another race to week 17 and the division winner sneaking in at 9-7.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that, but "dominate"? I see another race to week 17 and the division winner sneaking in at 9-7.
Oh I didn't say I agreed with him. :lol: Dole is his own cat. Who the hell has any real idea what the fuck is going on in that head of his.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why would you get all angst-ridden about people pointing out that a guy with BACK ISSUES might be done, and Prescott being a starter sooner than later?

I know YOU would never argue just to argue....

(that was sarcasm btw)

pattern & agenda.
You might be right, could be me. I know most posters here could post he's done 2 minutes after the play and I wouldn't think twice about their post, but then there are those with a very slanted view of my team and state it at the slightest opportunity... to which I like to engage. I'm sorry.

Prescott? My son told me to watch him the summer before Dak's senior year cause he had all the mannerisms of a kid he played high school ball with. Great kid, great poise, great determination, 4 year SEC starter, and a red shirt freshman to boot. I screamed 4th round in January on the Dallas board over the higher rated QB's, so I'm on board with Prescott.

It's just funny the folks that come outta the woodwork to say Romo is done. What the hell does that mean? He'll never throw another pass, win another game? Is he done by week two? week 6? or just until he goes down again?
Bull Shit. Trash talk, these ass wipes don't know. Their just waiting for the opportunity to talk shit. No?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe done means not a threat to beat you in the post season anymore. He's just not likely to get that far given his injury history. Doesn't have to mean anything more than that does it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas was the first defense that the Seahawks offense has had any success against this whole preseason. You feel that unit looked good? Really? You do know the only reason Seattle didn't score more was their self inflicted wounds with all of those penalties right?

I liked some things on our D last night in the first half. Sure, whatever on those self inflected wounds.

Cowboy offense looks like it will still be good with or without Romo given that line and what so far looks like an impressive young explosive RB, but you have to stop people to win games and you really won't know what Dak is until he faces blitzing and real game planning.

Funny....preseason means nothing due to lack of blitzing but our O is good with any QB based on a preseason game. Got it :yes:

Romo is done. Everyone knows it. Hell, he probably knows it.

what the hell does this mean? Yes, I would think anyone with half a brain would consider Romo done with another major back injury or broken collarbone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe done means not a threat to beat you in the post season anymore. He's just not likely to get that far given his injury history. Doesn't have to mean anything more than that does it.
nope...got ya down, Romo has won his last playoff game

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Keeping a list are you?

Never answered my question about your defense last night either. You said you liked your units play and the Seahawks patchwork mostly unproven rookie line left Wilson all day in pass plays for the most part. Really like that dallas D with what you saw? They weren't bad on run D, but there was no real pass rush of any kind. I'd be a bit concerned.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys might be better off just making the switch. They're going to run the ball a ton and when they don't there's going to be plenty of time to throw the ball. This is an ideal situation to bring a young qb up to speed. This guy might be the biggest steal of the draft.
Why in the world would they do that? Romo is a great QB. Unfortunately he is a great QB with serious durability issues. But even if you want to say he WILL get hurt (none of us really knows what will happen), why wouldn't they play him until that point? If he gets hurt, then you put Dak in, but why put Romo on the bench if not injured???? Dak looks great and I hope he ends up a star, but as of 8/26/16 Romo is still better...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Keeping a list are you?

Never answered my question about your defense last night either. You said you liked your units play and the Seahawks patchwork mostly unproven rookie line left Wilson all day in pass plays for the most part. Really like that dallas D with what you saw? They weren't bad on run D, but there was no real pass rush of any kind. I'd be a bit concerned.
I said I like some things. I thought the rookie nickel back played well. I thought the 2nd year free safety is going to be much better from what I saw last year. I thought the dline and backers through 2 qtrs. were good against the run for the most part. I think at the very best, Dallas's D would be no better than 15/16/17 this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly has Tony Romo done in his career, that i shouldnt believe they are better off with a young, very good looking QB?
Anyone who has watched what really happened in Romo's career instead of believing the bull shit would know...
And your sexual attraction to Dak is not pertinent here...:thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Pday you're a trip. Look, you should be encouraged by Dak's play. Is it pre-season? Yes. Were those Seattle's 1's he was completing passes against through the first half? Yep.

Who's the last lightly regarded guy who shone in pre-season games and ended up being pretty good? That was Romo.

Now, having said all that, it's VERY possible Dak doesn't have the career Romo has had. But you should be optimistic at the very least. Having a backup who shows promise is a problem that 65% of the NFL would like to have.
:scratch:
I think every Cowboy fan out there is 100% over the moon thrilled with Dak so far. Doesn't mean we want him playing week 1 though...