• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo just needs to hang them up

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but Dallas fans blew the hell up online over it and have been calling Avril out for a dirty hit since.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's fine thankfully but I've just seen that grimace with him on the turf too many times. He has all the money in the world. Why completely destroy yourself?
He's a man.

It's a shame there aren't more of him in this day and age.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know why Jerrah keeps saying Romo can play another 5 years: He is waiting for his grandson, John Stephen Jones, to be the QB.

John Stephen Jones is the high school QB for Highland Park, a ritzy little rich-boy city in Dallas, and threw for 4 TDs in a win last night. Highland Park has produced a number of NFL players, notably Matt Stafford.

John Stephen Jones is probably not D-I material, much less NFL. But Jerrah can dream no?

1472266148-HSFLOREK_0827SPO_52632104.JPG

tmp1441969918962.jpg

Jerry Jones' grandson, earns starting QB job, leads Highland Park past Rockwall: 'I'm not trying to live up to anything' | SportsDay

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is a rookie and the 4th overall pic. He needs to prove himself for many reasons.
Kam is a 5th rounder and has played many preseason games. He has already proven himself whereas the rook has not.
Crown him if you wish.
Not sure I addressed that at all, just stated he treated him like a little bitch and pretty clearly got under his skin. Has nothing to do with whether I think he will be any good or not:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but Dallas fans blew the hell up online over it and have been calling Avril out for a dirty hit since.
Come on..."Dallas fans"...That's pretty lame. So out of 100 million 100 said it was cheap??? I've seen a lot of whining from the "regular" Seahawks fans on this board, let alone, the anonymous millions...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on..."Dallas fans"...That's pretty lame. So out of 100 million 100 said it was cheap??? I've seen a lot of whining from the "regular" Seahawks fans on this board, let alone, the anonymous millions...
So you are hung up on the words 'dallas fans'? :L

Did I say all dallas fans? Maybe I said most dallas fans?

There were news stories about it including this one on CBS
Angry Cowboys fans accuse Cliff Avril of dirty hit that injured Tony Romo

Hardly a stretch to bring it up if it is national newsworthy.

Do you really think it's a stretch to identify those that did post those outrages as being dallas fans? Come on. Stop being overly sensitive.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are hung up on the words 'dallas fans'? :L

Did I say all dallas fans? Maybe I said most dallas fans?

There were news stories about it including this one on CBS
Angry Cowboys fans accuse Cliff Avril of dirty hit that injured Tony Romo

Hardly a stretch to bring it up if it is national newsworthy.

Do you really think it's a stretch to identify those that did post those outrages as being dallas fans? Come on. Stop being overly sensitive.
Don't be an ass with your :L. you want to categorize fan bases??? Seahawk fans are some of the most clueless group of cry babies out there...and yeah I'm talking about nationally and on here...but of course that doesn't include ALL Seahawk fans either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans are some of the most clueless group of cry babies out there...and yeah I'm talking about nationally and on here

I could see you claiming Seahawks fans are arrogant,I could see you saying we like to stir the mud and :boink:, but cry babies is just inaccurate.:eyebrows:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, not all pro dallas media is suggesting Romo is going to be fine.

No, everything is not fine with Cowboys QB Tony Romo | SportsDay

He was seen appearing to be in pain in the second quarter, well after that incident. He's done.

I think most veteran Dallas reporters are saying it's not fine, to be honest.

This was a good paragraph in the story you cited:

This is not a question of his toughness. He has proven that to anyone who watches. This is not a question of willingness or even hard work to make his body more sturdy. We get it, he has done the rehab and the work and listened to the doctors. But, I don't know how many more examples we need of seeing a guy demonstrate in front of millions that his body can't handle what the NFL asks of it at the normal level anymore.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. 46 on Seattle makes Lynch look like small. I wouldn't want to take him on straight up with a head of steam

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see you claiming Seahawks fans are arrogant,I could see you saying we like to stir the mud and :boink:, but cry babies is just inaccurate.:eyebrows:
I don't know about that. Unable to take criticism and feel the need to justify anything negative said by anonymous message board posters about their team/players? Maybe insecure is a better word?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Unable to take criticism and feel the need to justify anything negative said by anonymous message board posters about their team/players? Maybe insecure is a better word?

Now that's pretty funny coming from a Cowboy fan. :D Just check the threads on the front page and see how Cowboys fans over react to anything Cowboy related, this thread included.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas was the first defense that the Seahawks offense has had any success against this whole preseason. You feel that unit looked good? Really? You do know the only reason Seattle didn't score more was their self inflicted wounds with all of those penalties right?

Cowboy offense looks like it will still be good with or without Romo given that line and what so far looks like an impressive young explosive RB, but you have to stop people to win games and you really won't know what Dak is until he faces blitzing and real game planning.

Romo is done. Everyone knows it. Hell, he probably knows it.
IN a quarter and a half the full first unit (without starting 3 tech which is kind of key to Rods D and best corner playing at all) gave up 3 points. And that's with Claiborne missing two interceptions that would have sullied RWs stat sheet and playing pretty much all zone which they always struggle in. So for them? Yeah I thought they played pretty damn well. You have to understand that this is a group hoping for NFL average. So holding there own is good. Doing better than that and leaving the game after only 3 points makes me pretty happy to be honest even though it was only a 3rd of the game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's pretty funny coming from a Cowboy fan. :D Just check the threads on the front page and see how Cowboys fans over react to anything Cowboy related, this thread included.
Agree, but we were talking about Seahawk fans. Now it's your turn