• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo - Drama Queen

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out for season, maybe he wasn't being dramatic - this time.

Wow! Maybe we'd better give the boy some credit for gutting it out for the rest of the game. Those golfers are tough!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you're unaware, Kyle Orton is Romo's backup. When Orton signed with them he got one of the richer backup deals in the league - 3 years, $10.5M with a 5M signing bonus. He restructured this past offseason but if your QB is going to go down at any point, Kyle Orton is about as good of a guy to have to step in on short notice in my opinion.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you're unaware, Kyle Orton is Romo's backup. When Orton signed with them he got one of the richer backup deals in the league - 3 years, $10.5M with a 5M signing bonus. He restructured this past offseason but if your QB is going to go down at any point, Kyle Orton is about as good of a guy to have to step in on short notice in my opinion.

Yeah, I couldn't recall who their backup was and was too lazy to check for myself. Orton is a good one, though. They've got a shot against the Eagles. I think it mostly depends which Eagles team shows up.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Lee will be listed as doubtful, too.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/jm8ch10/jerry-jones[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Pretty funny listen.

:lol: That was a good one! Are you sure that wasn't the real JJ ? I heard that Romo is out for the season and Orton is up. This means that the Cowboys might have a chance to win their division....we will see.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be just the excuse Garrett needs to keep his job.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like the Eagles are going to win the division. If GB beats Chicago and we have to go face Rodgers in Lambeau, I'm going to be very irritated.

Again...divisions. The fact that this is a possibility is complete and utter BS, and I'm gonna keep ranting about this.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: That was a good one! Are you sure that wasn't the real JJ ? I heard that Romo is out for the season and Orton is up. This means that the Cowboys might have a chance to win their division....we will see.

Lol. I'm listening to the press conference and they are not guaranteeing he won't play. Jason Garrett is the most monotonous human being, not named Ben Stein.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One more thing that I haven't heard mentioned yet anywhere, and probably for good reason, is that the Eagles don't have a 3rd QB on their roster or their practice squad. Obviously the chances aren't incredibly high Orton would go down during the game, but if he were to go down, Orton's replacement will be someone they pick up this week. They're going to have to do it quick because they need another arm for practice this week.

They rolled with 2 QBs all last year as well and in 2011 they had Jon Kitna as the backup and Stephen McGee as their 3rd quarterback. Would Kitna come out of retirement to back up Orton if they make the playoffs? I kind of doubt it. Stephen McGee was a guy I always liked and they appeared to put a decent amount of work into developing him but he didn't make their final cuts for 2012 after appearing to hit some kind of wall in his development.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing that I haven't heard mentioned yet anywhere, and probably for good reason, is that the Eagles don't have a 3rd QB on their roster or their practice squad. Obviously the chances aren't incredibly high Orton would go down during the game, but if he were to go down, Orton's replacement will be someone they pick up this week. They're going to have to do it quick because they need another arm for practice this week.

They rolled with 2 QBs all last year as well and in 2011 they had Jon Kitna as the backup and Stephen McGee as their 3rd quarterback. Would Kitna come out of retirement to back up Orton if they make the playoffs? I kind of doubt it. Stephen McGee was a guy I always liked and they appeared to put a decent amount of work into developing him but he didn't make their final cuts for 2012 after appearing to hit some kind of wall in his development.

Garrett is still talking like he could possibly play. He keeps saying they will continue to evaluate him daily and see where he is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Lee is out for year?

This might be a good thing for the cowboys that Romo is out for the year. They might run the ball with murray the whole game except for 1 half. THis is what I don't understand. Murray has a good game and they stop running the ball.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Garafolo:

Free agent QB David Carr will visit to the Cowboys this week, a source tells @FOXSports1. Carr was most recently w/ division rival NYG.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Garafolo:

Free agent QB David Carr will visit to the Cowboys this week, a source tells @FOXSports1. Carr was most recently w/ division rival NYG.

LOL that is funny stuff. He doesn't know how to play QB.