• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo, Dak

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe some of the things I read from fellow cowboy fans at times. Wondering the percentage that are just ready to go with Dak.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idiots on every street corner. Romo plays again regardless.

shit...after one game, 7 outta ten radio phone calls, text were saying Elliott is a wasted draft pick.

Better observation...why did Romo seem so disengaged on the sidelines Sunday? That wasn't the case in years past when he was in street clothes. Insecurity in professionals sports never works out. Get with your guy and ask him to put a better effort this week.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett was asked about that. JG said the best thing for Dak is less people in his ear. I found it odd that he was dribbling a football one time with one talking to him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no one talking to him I should have said.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point though, I made mention of it on a post yesterday. He didn't look the same on the sideline as he has in years past. I'm not even sure he had his headset. He looked like one of the inactives that has never played.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett was asked about that. JG said the best thing for Dak is less people in his ear. I found it odd that he was dribbling a football one time with one talking to him.
I heard Garrett's press conference yesterday. I'm not convinced that's an accurate assessment. Actually is was total bull shit to me...as was 99.9% of Garrett's press conference.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point though, I made mention of it on a post yesterday. He didn't look the same on the sideline as he has in years past. I'm not even sure he had his headset. He looked like one of the inactives that has never played.
he looked like someones kid brother with a sideline pass

Lifer

Accountable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe some of the things I read from fellow cowboy fans at times. Wondering the percentage that are just ready to go with Dak.
Ready here. Keep rushing Romo to get back on the field and he'll be back off the field in no time.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idiots on every street corner. Romo plays again regardless.

shit...after one game, 7 outta ten radio phone calls, text were saying Elliott is a wasted draft pick.

Better observation...why did Romo seem so disengaged on the sidelines Sunday? That wasn't the case in years past when he was in street clothes. Insecurity in professionals sports never works out. Get with your guy and ask him to put a better effort this week.
100%. The person who will benefit most when Romo comes back is Dak. Defenses will start to take away what Dak does best in a few weeks, and getting to play, then sit and learn, will make everything he sees from the sidelines easier to process

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%. The person who will benefit most when Romo comes back is Dak. Defenses will start to take away what Dak does best in a few weeks, and getting to play, then sit and learn, will make everything he sees from the sidelines easier to process

I kind of see it as a catch 22. The disinterest on the sideline made me think more about the situation. I'm not sure of the cap ramifications of cutting him after this season. I have heard that it could help and could hurt so not sure. Now today JJ is backtracking on what he said Sunday about sooner than later. He is saying they don't know. Let's say he misses 7 games. What if by then it is decided that we are in full rebuilding mode. 1-6 or 2-5. Then look at it if we are 5-2 and Dak is playing well. It has to make one think a little that he only plays if they have a shot and Dak is struggling with a 3-4 record. I don't know. It's odd that the reporters keep asking about his mentality. Jones continues to say upbeat. He didn't look upbeat the other day. He looked like a guy really depressed

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready here. Keep rushing Romo to get back on the field and he'll be back off the field in no time.

So you are ready to for Dak to take over no matter what.

Lifer

Accountable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are ready to for Dak to take over no matter what.

Love Romo. Haven't felt this good about a backup since Kitna or Orton....and they were old. This up and coming young star has so much to offer. In my view, Romo is pretty much done. Way too fragile nowadays. He has a big target on his back and defenders are determined to hit that weak spot.

I'm ready for Dak....to play and mature.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Garrett's press conference yesterday. I'm not convinced that's an accurate assessment. Actually is was total bull shit to me...as was 99.9% of Garrett's press conference.

About that presser- - I'm not sure I have ever seen JG so pissed. He even stumbled with a question at the end. He is obviously upset with 83 and the DLine (98). I found it funny that he was prepared for the sun question. When he said it's been here for 5 billion yrs and will be here 5 billion more. I had to google it. He was right about how long it will be here.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna touch on a few points posted above...

- Romo's behavior did seem odd. I'm certain the guy is depressed about not being able to be out on the field and having to deal with yet another injury, but his lack of participation struck me as odd. Perhaps he is a little uneasy about Dak garnering so much attention so fast, and doesn't want to feed into that. Brett Favre acted very distant towards Aaron Rodgers back in the day too...

- Regarding the coaching staff, I am about done with Garrett and Marinelli - Linehan has a little more rope as far as I am concerned, but he was terrible on Sunday too.

Garrett is just a mediocre coach, no other way to say it. There isn't one thing I can point to that he seems to do at an above average level - maybe I am wrong?

Marinelli is/was a good/great d-coordinator, but at this point his cover 2 just doesn't work. On 3rd and short our CBs routinely lineup 6-7 yards off of guys, the middle of the field is always wide open, our defense hasn't been good against the run in years, we rarely get any pressure on the QB, etc.. You can point to a lack of talent, but at some point results need to be there and they just haven't. I am over this cover 2 scheme, it's the same complaints every year about this defense and everyone sees the same thing.

Linehan needs to do a better job of getting Dez involved - plain and simple. And knock off the 3 yard screens to Witten on 3rd and long - may as well just punt on 3rd down.

- I wish this team was more a meritocracy than a "jerryocracy". Just some examples: Tyrone Crawford getting a huge deal after doing nothing, and then continues to do nothing after said deal. Zeke Elliott, a rookie, starting game 1 after missing most of training camp, while Alf Morris played great. Rolando McClain still being on the roster. Stupid things like these this team seems to do more than most, I just wish it would stop.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Dez goes, supposedly the CB only had safety help on 11 passes. Not sure how many of the 45 passes Dez was in on, but I would think at least 40. 5 of those 11 came on 3rd downs. The play on the final drive where Wit lost ball in sun- Dez said to have been 4 yards by Collins on the play. Dak just didn't see it.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Dez goes, supposedly the CB only had safety help on 11 passes. Not sure how many of the 45 passes Dez was in on, but I would think at least 40. 5 of those 11 came on 3rd downs. The play on the final drive where Wit lost ball in sun- Dez said to have been 4 yards by Collins on the play. Dak just didn't see it.

Dak had his eyes on the middle of the field almost exclusively for most of the game, as evidenced by 26 of his targets going towards Witten and Beasley. Didn't seem as though he was moving through his progressions or looking at the outside receivers unless he was on the move outside the pocket. Just part of being a rookie I guess.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll make a decision on Romo after he plays and they see if he can withstand contact.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being brutally honest for a second though.....I think Romo's close to done. He reminds me a lot of Kobe right now. His body is breaking down. But, I do want to see him come back and finish the season before we make a final determination on him.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna touch on a few points posted above...

- Romo's behavior did seem odd. I'm certain the guy is depressed about not being able to be out on the field and having to deal with yet another injury, but his lack of participation struck me as odd. Perhaps he is a little uneasy about Dak garnering so much attention so fast, and doesn't want to feed into that. Brett Favre acted very distant towards Aaron Rodgers back in the day too...

- Regarding the coaching staff, I am about done with Garrett and Marinelli - Linehan has a little more rope as far as I am concerned, but he was terrible on Sunday too.

Garrett is just a mediocre coach, no other way to say it. There isn't one thing I can point to that he seems to do at an above average level - maybe I am wrong?

Marinelli is/was a good/great d-coordinator, but at this point his cover 2 just doesn't work. On 3rd and short our CBs routinely lineup 6-7 yards off of guys, the middle of the field is always wide open, our defense hasn't been good against the run in years, we rarely get any pressure on the QB, etc.. You can point to a lack of talent, but at some point results need to be there and they just haven't. I am over this cover 2 scheme, it's the same complaints every year about this defense and everyone sees the same thing.

Linehan needs to do a better job of getting Dez involved - plain and simple. And knock off the 3 yard screens to Witten on 3rd and long - may as well just punt on 3rd down.

- I wish this team was more a meritocracy than a "jerryocracy". Just some examples: Tyrone Crawford getting a huge deal after doing nothing, and then continues to do nothing after said deal. Zeke Elliott, a rookie, starting game 1 after missing most of training camp, while Alf Morris played great. Rolando McClain still being on the roster. Stupid things like these this team seems to do more than most, I just wish it would stop.
This team seems to have never figured out how to do a screen pass and to whom (Dunbar) in forever. It seems no D coordinator can get this team back to a good defense. Look at Wade in Denver...Jerry keeps ignoring the defense and it shows. He got his shiny new toy in the draft(Elliott) when we did not need him