• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo, Dak

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly ...Big improvements need to made vs the run. Last year proved that. But lets remember this is a passing league. The Boys had the 5th best passing defense in 2015. And that is with a horrible pass rush.

The Cowboys don't have a bad defense. It's average. That is an important distinction.

I know you won't be like the other buffoon on here thinking that you can paint the Cowboys defense with the same "bad" brush over the last 5 years. 2013 makes that impossible.

What do you mean, Exactly? He disproved your point!! Here you go with stats again!! Like others have said, stats don't always tell the story. Moreover, the sample size is to small to say the cowboys defense is average at this point in the season after one game. If you think the Cowboys have a good pass defense, I got a bridge to sell you. So are you saying that the cowboys have been a good defense over the last five years?? Simple question. Offenses take what they can get from a defense. This is not a passing league. It is mostly a defense wins championships league, but if you want to resort to name calling because you are wrong, then go ahead. By the way how was the run defense in 2015? You leave that out.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th best passing defense? Come on man, do you even watch the games? Honest question...

Dallas gave up the 5th fewest passing yards in the NFL in 2015 only because they also had the second fewest pass attempts against. Know why that was? Because the run defense was one of the very worst in the league and couldn't stop anyone.

In 2015 the Dallas pass defense was tied for 10th most yards per attempt against. Dallas was tied for 12th most yards per completion allowed. Overall, Dallas was tied for 8th most yards per play allowed. Dallas had the 8th highest completion % allowed. Opposing QBs had a combined 94.2 passer rating against the Dallas pass defense.

Outside of total pass yards allowed, there is not one statistical category you can point to that shows Dallas' pass defense was even in the top half of the league in 2015, let alone top 5. And remember, this offense limits the exposure of the defense, Dallas had the 10th highest time of possession in the NFL last year.

Fact is this defense has been a bottom 1/3rd unit in the NFL every year we have played the Cover-2, except 2014 when the defense was barely league average - and Dallas led the league in time of possession that season too.

The defense has not gotten it done since 2009.

Source: pro-football-reference.com

You just shut him up.!!!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th best passing defense? Come on man, do you even watch the games? Honest question...

Dallas gave up the 5th fewest passing yards in the NFL in 2015 only because they also had the second fewest pass attempts against. Know why that was? Because the run defense was one of the very worst in the league and couldn't stop anyone.

In 2015 the Dallas pass defense was tied for 10th most yards per attempt against. Dallas was tied for 12th most yards per completion allowed. Overall, Dallas was tied for 8th most yards per play allowed. Dallas had the 8th highest completion % allowed. Opposing QBs had a combined 94.2 passer rating against the Dallas pass defense.

Outside of total pass yards allowed, there is not one statistical category you can point to that shows Dallas' pass defense was even in the top half of the league in 2015, let alone top 5. And remember, this offense limits the exposure of the defense, Dallas had the 10th highest time of possession in the NFL last year.

Fact is this defense has been a bottom 1/3rd unit in the NFL every year we have played the Cover-2, except 2014 when the defense was barely league average - and Dallas led the league in time of possession that season too.

The defense has not gotten it done since 2009.

Source: pro-football-reference.com

Nice breakdown.

You make a good argument that the passing defense may not be as good as some stats may show.
But in the end the Cowboys defense is dead in the middle ..an average defense. nothing more, nothing less.

This defense was in serious trouble a couple of years ago. It has since improved and has become a bit more stingy than some people care to realize.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean, Exactly? He disproved your point!! Here you go with stats again!! Like others have said, stats don't always tell the story. Moreover, the sample size is to small to say the cowboys defense is average at this point in the season after one game. If you think the Cowboys have a good pass defense, I got a bridge to sell you. So are you saying that the cowboys have been a good defense over the last five years?? Simple question. Offenses take what they can get from a defense. This is not a passing league. It is mostly a defense wins championships league, but if you want to resort to name calling because you are wrong, then go ahead. By the way how was the run defense in 2015? You leave that out.

I did?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe some of the things I read from fellow cowboy fans at times. Wondering the percentage that are just ready to go with Dak.
that's the nature of sports. Most people don't look beyond the last play or game. Best thing for this team would be a little bit of a QB controversy before Romo comes back IMO, because that would mean shit is going well and Dak is playing well. I can guarantee you right now if any of us (other than you or Star of course) is sitting here praying that Romo better come back quick or the season is going over when we are in about week 6 or 7 that pretty much means the season is already going to be over....:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think dallas has had a good defense in the last five years? You are bragging about total yards and not getting blown out? How many times has this defense when needing a stop at the end of the game including this one, did it???
you are totally right about the bolded. It's been our issue for a long time. Need a play maker to step up in those spots and make a big play. BUT,,,do you think if T Will gets out of bounds and Bailey makes that FG would that be our focus? Or would we be saying the D was a little shaky in spots but got the job done? Tough call IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Dez ran 44 pass patterns. 21 were go routes.
Interesting. I'd like to see someone confirm that other than the one guy who wrote it (not you, whomever you heard it from). If true, that does sound like decoy to me which would be nuts. Personally I didn't notice that. Maybe they told him every time you get in one-on-one coverage, just go:noidea:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I'd like to see someone confirm that other than the one guy who wrote it (not you, whomever you heard it from). If true, that does sound like decoy to me which would be nuts. Personally I didn't notice that. Maybe they told him every time you get in one-on-one coverage, just go:noidea:

He is a guy on Twitter that breaks down every play. He had every one of his patterns written down.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also breaks down every coverage. He has pics of Dez having his guy beat. He must get the game film somehow.

PFF grades by the way- Carr , McClain , Church as our best players Sunday. They had 2 more listed thenI just read Dak was a 64.7 compared to Eli - 46. I think all credibility was lost after I read that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asked him where he gets his game film. Something called NFL.gamepass. He can watch the game the way a coach rewatches it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also breaks down every coverage. He has pics of Dez having his guy beat. He must get the game film somehow.

PFF grades by the way- Carr , McClain , Church as our best players Sunday. They had 2 more listed thenI just read Dak was a 64.7 compared to Eli - 46. I think all credibility was lost after I read that.
Never believed PFF. It's fun to talk about, but still very subjective since it's not like the same guy at PFF reviews every play by every player and different guys have different criteria for what a good block (for example) is. We can both watch Romo throw 5 ints and you may say none are his fault and I may say 5 are his fault so we rate it differently. Also, from listening to most people I doubt they really know who had coverage responsibilities on a lot of plays. How many times do we hear a CB screwed up and then eventually it comes out it wasn't actually even his responsibility.

I think McClain had a good game and I think Church made some nice plays too. I thought Carr was OK if you don't want to attribute the game winning TD to him!!! IMO that was Durant's fault, but like I said above...Who knows what each guys actually responsibility was, we only know what we saw and what we think based on watching what happened...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice breakdown.

You make a good argument that the passing defense may not be as good as some stats may show.
But in the end the Cowboys defense is dead in the middle ..an average defense. nothing more, nothing less.

This defense was in serious trouble a couple of years ago. It has since improved and has become a bit more stingy than some people care to realize.
I agree and saying so awhile now. Not many solid defenses in the entire NFL. An offensive game for sure, but making a play when game requires it would be nice every now and then

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1