• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers refuses to admit he was beaten

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Fail Mary game he says the refs beat him.
In week one of this season he is non-commital.
In the championship game he says they beat themselves.
Heulluva football player, but, fuck him. He was beaten by our defense. No doubt about it. He had his offense in Seattle territory seven times and only had one touchdown to show for it. That is not them beating themselves, that is them getting their ass kick by a superior defense.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rodgers. On the field. In his mind, he has gotta be asking himself, "wtf do I gotta do to beat these assholes?" "why do the football gods hate me"?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree they beat themselves. Taking in 5 turnovers and only mustering 22 points is pretty sad lol.

The comment that irked me was: "The better team lost."

Saying you beat yourselves isn't a bad thing, it means you didn't play well and made mistakes as well as not capitalizing on the opponents. Saying "The better team lost" screams HUGE salt levels and is a weak remark that causes individuals to lose respect for you.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle spotted Green Bay the lead from there own stupid mistakes... Imagine if the Pack had 5 turnovers with 3 of them giving Seattle a short field... In football the better team can lose from fumbling the dam ball away.. Fact... turnovers are the biggest killer for a team, and we picked the worst effin time to start having them... I hope they got that out of there system.. MAN ...

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers looks quite stupid here. It was us who nearly (and probably should've) beat ourselves and lost the game. Like OP said, our defense beat Rodgers in the numerous short fields they had to defend where Rodgers couldn't punch it in.

Also, to say 'the better team lost' is the ultimate statement of desperation. In fact, it was quite the contrary. If you're the better team, you can overcome 5 turnovers and a 16 point deficit which is what we did. And we also outgained GB by 100 yards. So the stats are clearly against his empty statement as well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice watching that smirk disappear.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of second guessing of the Packers play calling and settling for FGs. You MUST credit Seattle's defense for that. You get aggressive with those guys and it usually doesnt end well, as evidenced by the first pick (Sherman).

I will put this on McCarthy, he and his team celebrated too early. They Walked off the field at halftime celebrating like they won. When they came back for the 3rd, he was all smiles like nothing could go wrong.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything he said was true. Not sure what the big deal is.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything he said was true. Not sure what the big deal is.

Oh yeah? How was Green Bay the 'better' team on Sunday?

- We lost the turnover margin by 3 and were still able to beat you guys.

- We also outgained you guys by 100 yards.

Those are two glaring facts that show we were clearly the better team.

What are your facts that show Green Bay was the better team?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being the better team doesn't get you shit if you don't prove it.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of second guessing of the Packers play calling and settling for FGs. You MUST credit Seattle's defense for that. You get aggressive with those guys and it usually doesnt end well, as evidenced by the first pick (Sherman).

I will put this on McCarthy, he and his team celebrated too early. They Walked off the field at halftime celebrating like they won. When they came back for the 3rd, he was all smiles like nothing could go wrong.

:agree: He did enough to win if his Coach didn't choke it up with his play calling in the last 6 minutes of the game.

All props to the Seahawks. Great job. Great game.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he means is he felt they were the better team, but they choked. That is what chokers say to cover their ass. The players choked, the coaches choked. I don't blame him for thinking his team was better. They were winning for 95% of the game. They choked plain and simple. They could not execute in the last 6 minutes and OT. Some of that has to do with the Hawks defense executing, some has to do with the Hawks offense executing and some has to do with their players and coaches CHOKING! They had the champion on the ropes in their dojo and could not finish. They deserved the disastrous outcome if they were not prepared to finish.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he means is he felt they were the better team, but they choked. That is what chokers say to cover their ass. The players choked, the coaches choked. I don't blame him for thinking his team was better. They were winning for 95% of the game. They choked plain and simple. They could not execute in the last 6 minutes and OT. Some of that has to do with the Hawks defense executing, some has to do with the Hawks offense executing and some has to do with their players and coaches CHOKING! They had the champion on the ropes in their dojo and could not finish. They deserved the disastrous outcome if they were not prepared to finish.

Exactly. A "better" team wouldnt get ahead of themselves and think they won the game before they actually do it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that he was frustrated by the fact that he thought they had the game in-hand and it slipped away, but the only two instances, in my opinion, in which it doesn't come off as sour grapes to say "The better team lost today" is when the officials do something that has a significant impact on the outcome or if something unforeseen happens to affect the outcome (fluke plays, weather, injury, etc.). Since the officials made no controversial/debatable calls, the Seahawks were flukishly (yes, I know that's not a real word) turnover prone, the Seahawks came away from the game more banged up than the Packers did and the effects of the weather were negligible, it's ridiculous for Rodgers to claim that the better team lost. If the Packers were the better team, they wouldn't have let a 16-point lead vanish like they did. If the Packers were the better team, they would have taken better advantage of the opportunities that they were presented with than they did. If the Packers were the better team, they would have at least tried to take advantage of a one-armed Sherman instead of avoiding him like the plague. If the Packers were the better team, they would have won.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a somewhat related story, the vanquished Packers QB has announced his engagement to a woman he identified only as "Angel," who claims to be of Klingon descent. The alleged fiancée has not yet confirmed this, as no one has heard from her since Sunday evening.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our punter had as many td passes as arod did.... mirror aaron,,, mirror

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Fail Mary game he says the refs beat him.
In week one of this season he is non-commital.
In the championship game he says they beat themselves.
Heulluva football player, but, fuck him. He was beaten by our defense. No doubt about it. He had his offense in Seattle territory seven times and only had one touchdown to show for it. That is not them beating themselves, that is them getting their ass kick by a superior defense.

Seattles defense won the game.... Wilson did throw the game winning TD to end it but the D won. Rodgers should have gotten them into the end zone about 4 times and failed. He (Rodgers) beat himself.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a gigantic douche bag. This is the same guy who defended Braun to the end and bet a season's salary that he was innocent. He said that 1 of any 10 plays could have won the game for them and he couldn't execute. Gee Aaron, you don't think the Seahawks wanted some plays over themselves, like any of the 4 picks or Baldwin coughing the ball up on the kickoff return deep in Seattle territory? Maybe the Seattle defense had something to do with not getting any of those plays. It goes both ways.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the same thing I said after the Detroit Dallas game

You had the chances to put the other team away and didn't.