• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rockyman (I think it's gonna be a long time)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no uno since the other day

zigs site slower than whale shit today

I mean slow to load pages

It's the damn GIF-vatars, I tells ya.

images

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word.

That album is fucking great.

Reminds me of a childhood friend named Ann and a summers worth of pool parties at her house.

Divorced parents...Her mom worked during the day:nod:

Like the Tears for Fears Tears Roll Down album. Reminds me of the summer I was 17 and got invited to go over to my much older buddy's house to "play cards" with him and his wife. Got there and there was a 19 yr old girl. After about 10 minutes, they went in the back and left us alone. I swear she came when I started unbuttoning her pants. Never seen anything like it.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with "hipsters"...

I grew up on a lot of that stuff, which means it has sentimental value to me. Reminds me of people, places, and times gone.

And per usual, Down's an idiot. I have over 1100 songs on my phone, ranging from Pantera to Emmylou Harris to New Order to Prince to Sinatra.

Down's the type that looks at music mechanically...what he considers to be the best craftsmen produce the best stuff. It's what assholes do.

Music is about feeling, not craftsmanship. Time, place, and feeling have everything to do with what makes music special to different people. A lot of luck is involved in that too.

If it was so simple to produce shit that people enjoy, we'd all be doing it.

"It's good because I grew up on it...but that crap downs been listening to since he was 7 years old? Is fucking crap. Isn't Morrissey just sooo dreamy?"

See? Hipster...if you don't like what he likes? You're "mechanical" and "an asshole"

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed.

I am enjoying the Dodgers just as much as I am enjoying this now somewhat kinder and gentler daily thread.

Tell the Dodgers to be nice to the Sox next weekend

They dont need to win all the games, be gracious hosts

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zig's Kum 'n Go Quickie Mart

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word.

That album is fucking great.

Reminds me of a childhood friend named Ann and a summers worth of pool parties at her house.

Divorced parents...Her mom worked during the day:nod:

Before we get off music, I am just wondering if anyone else had to do what I did. As I have no siblings, and no family close to me my age, I had to find and learn about music all by myself.

With nothing to compare it to other than what I see in movies, it has to be a bit harder that listening to and inheriting your brothers and sisters music and musical tastes.

Just curious.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Zig's Wheelchair & Bingo Hall"

:pound:

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Tears for Fears Tears Roll Down album. Reminds me of the summer I was 17 and got invited to go over to my much older buddy's house to "play cards" with him and his wife. Got there and there was a 19 yr old girl. After about 10 minutes, they went in the back and left us alone. I swear she came when I started unbuttoning her pants. Never seen anything like it.

Another good album.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zig's International House of Crabs & Drips

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like songs, not artists.

I can enjoy big band stuff because that's what my dad liked.

I can do the same with cheezy 50's rock because that's what my mom was often listening to in the car when I was 4-5 years old.

Guys who rant like Down does about others' musical tastes are usually just pissed off because these "hipsters" didn't want him in their "club"

If he didn't see things in this fucked up way, he probably would have been welcomed into this ever exclusive "hipster club"

LMAO!! "Guys who rant like down does about others musical tastes"

Could you be more hypocrtical. Remind me how I like "teenager music" that would make this perfect...

I don;t listen to music to fit in with others...which apparently with you started with your parents "see daddy? I like sinatra too....NOOOO DADDY...NOOOO!!!! PUT IT AWAY!!!! I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!"

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we get off music, I am just wondering if anyone else had to do what I did. As I have no siblings, and no family close to me my age, I had to find and learn about music all by myself.

With nothing to compare it to other than what I see in movies, it has to be a bit harder that listening to and inheriting your brothers and sisters music and musical tastes.

Just curious.

I didn't inherit it, I just can appreciate it because of certain memories it brings back.

To me, that's what music is all about...having good times in the moment and remembering the good times from the past.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.....I remember the old Penthouse Forum section....... :yahoo:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious.

I had friends who listened to the same shit.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious.

I was fortunate to have an older brother who introduced me to a lot of stuff when I was young. Clapton, Dire Straits...our tastes have grown apart...but a highlight moment in my life...1985, Master of Puppets came out...I still own the tape I stole from him....:yahoo: