• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rockyman (I think it's gonna be a long time)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eckersley Set To Fill In For Jerry Remy On Red Sox Broadcasts

August 16, 2013 3:14 PM

View Comments
dennis-eckersley.jpg
Dennis Eckersley. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) – Jerry Remy will be taking some time off from the broadcast booth following the arrest of his son, with Red Sox Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley set to fill in.
Eckersley, who spent eight of his 24 MLB seasons in Boston, will provide the color commentary on NESN for Friday night’s game against the New York Yankees, and on Boston’s west coast road trip next week.
Friday is the only game NESN has for the weekend Sox-Yankees series, with national television covering Saturday and Sunday night’s games.
Remy’s son, Jared, was ordered held without bail Friday, charged with the brutal murder of his girlfriend in Waltham.

"Daddy. I'm a grown man of 34, but please come help save me, and make this all go away.........."

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zig's quality drugs and backdoor tailgating

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of couriousity...those 2 links that you said you loved so much...how is you enjoy that..but can't see this:

[YOUTUBE]fJZ-uoXnfWg[/YOUTUBE]

For the sheer brilliance it is...

I appreciate it. What makes you think I don't? :noidea:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down, you might have heard this one from Metheny from '75 when Jaco Pastorius was playing in the trio with him. Renders me speechless to this day. The Bright Size Life album is pure gold and the kind of stuff my Dad raised me on. My Dad was hanging out in all-black jazz clubs in LA back in the 60s and has some really good stories to tell of interacting with guys like Miles Davis and Charlie Byrd back when they were playing in rooms with a dozen people in them some nights.

Pat Metheny and Jaco Pastorious - Bright Size Life (Studio Version) - YouTube

I would think any guitar player would appreciate that stuff?

Appreciate the talent and complexity? Of course...

But I'm not a jazz fan...I love blues...the filthier the better...grew up on clapton...grew into SRV, muddy waters, buddy guy and the likes...so naturally zepplin, floyd and the likes appeals to me...even modern metal is just amped up blues scales....

I played this song to death when I was a kid...

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like those styles as well, and are unfamiliar with Yngwie Malmsteen, then you may wish to check him out then.

I was listening to Yngwie when I was 13. Learned some of Icarus Dream Suite on the nylon string.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zig's horoscope and fat women talkshow

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to Yngwie when I was 13. Learned some of Icarus Dream Suite on the nylon string.

You sir a musician, whereas I am only an audiophile. Pretty good with that thing, huh?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zig's Horse Farm & Glue Factory

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you echo the LSD cracks of ox...who can't stand floyd....

He was not so bad with the music stuff. The ones I could never deal with ( on this specific subject ) were the folks that think that if a song or band is popular, it means they are bad, with only good musicians and bands existing on the extreme outer fringe of the music being played now.

I guess it is assumed that, once a bad does start getting notice, that eveyone that follows them after are just sheep.

As this somewhat defies logic, it loses me pretty quick.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir a musician, whereas I am only an audiophile. Pretty good with that thing, huh?

Don't get the wrong idea. I should be a musician. Took lessons for years from Stan Lassiter and Dan Dowling in Nashville but have virtually nothing to show for it but the ability to play some Metallica/Megadeth power chords and jazz standards.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zig's tonka trucks and fannie packs platoon

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on book 4 of wheel of time right now...figured it would fill the void until Winds of Winter (SoIaF 6)comes out hopefully next year....

it's pretty good....SoIaF demolishes it...

You're screwed. Book five is about where Jordan starts to drag it out. I mean, it's GLACIAL after that. Some of the books, you're like "WTF does this have to do with ANYthing????" It will be maddening, but now that you're hooked, you'll keep reading.

It picks up again around book 11, which is the last one he wrote before he died. The ones Sanderson wrote using the notes, volumes 12-14? Much better.

Mets rock, baseball whoo, sports or GTFO.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Daddy. I'm a grown man of 34, but please come help save me, and make this all go away.........."

I don't think it's that as much as everything he's gone through recently with his health...he might legitimately not be able to emotionally handle this. Parents worst nightmare iMO...

I question whether we'll ever see him in the booth again...

Oh..for the record? My vote goes to Merloni...not eck...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get the wrong idea. I should be a musician. Took lessons for years from Stan Lassiter and Dan Dowling in Nashville but have virtually nothing to show for it but the ability to play some Metallica/Megadeth power chords and jazz standards.

Still. You play. I don't. You win.

I just know what I like, and what sounds good, and feel good about it when a musician whos play I respect echoes my feelings and opinions. It happens well enough for me to feel that I have a good idea of what is good, and what is not so much.