• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rockyman (I think it's gonna be a long time)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably "Killing Floor", from Jimi Plays Monterey.

And, in respect to prowess, you just kind of have to the timnes that he is playing behind his back, or with his teeth.

If possible and you handed him and Eddie or Randy Rhodes an acoustic guitar and invited them to do what they could do, Hendrix would politely decline and leave out the back entrance. He was a master showman who capitalized on his ability to do crazy things with a distorted guitar sound while on hallucinogenic drugs. There's nothing wrong with that but he wasn't an especially skilled guitar player. My next door neighbor BLOWS Hendrix away. He can play classical, jazz, metal, etc. Hendrix was a product of his generation and his death propelled his image to greatness it did NOT deserve.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect, but I found Song of Fire and Ice or whatever it is to be boring. I stopped halfway through book one...and I NEVER quit a book/series. Was not my cup of coffee, as they say.

Have you watched the series? If so...give it another shot...the toughest part I had with starting the series, was keeping the characters straight...watching the show got me past that...so many similar names, and total character overload.

I love his writing style where he gives you a unique 1st person perspective each chapter....

Dead serious...the book nasty is on? Storm of Swords? The best book I've ever read...ever. And I'd consider my self well read...having read a lot of Robert Jordan, Glen Cook, Tolkien, Elizabeth Moon etc in that same genre...that book blows it all away...

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should have been an error.

fucking detroit scorekeeper

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zig's Palace of Pleasure & Pain

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give allot to be able to do that. But what's with the Russian Orthodox outfit?

I've been stuck on Pat Metheny Group stuff for 18 months. Hopelessly fucking addicted.

The Way Up score is life-changing music. It's about 75 min long - one track.

Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up (Live) HD - YouTube

The To the End of the World track gives me goose bumps every time and I've listened to it (Bose headphones, eyes closed) hundreds of times.

Pat Metheny Group - To the End of the World - YouTube

You've never seen iggy on Youtube? Check out his links...he's incredible..does a lot of random covers of shit you'd never expect to hear on guitar that come out freaking awesome...

He usually wears something on his head in the style of the song he's covering, in that one, he's playing Pachabel's Canon...18th century composer...

Not a big jazz fan, so that doesn't really appeal to me...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eckersley Set To Fill In For Jerry Remy On Red Sox Broadcasts

August 16, 2013 3:14 PM

View Comments
dennis-eckersley.jpg
Dennis Eckersley. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) – Jerry Remy will be taking some time off from the broadcast booth following the arrest of his son, with Red Sox Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley set to fill in.
Eckersley, who spent eight of his 24 MLB seasons in Boston, will provide the color commentary on NESN for Friday night’s game against the New York Yankees, and on Boston’s west coast road trip next week.
Friday is the only game NESN has for the weekend Sox-Yankees series, with national television covering Saturday and Sunday night’s games.
Remy’s son, Jared, was ordered held without bail Friday, charged with the brutal murder of his girlfriend in Waltham.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does Marty Barrett's nephew get charged with arson?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never seen iggy on Youtube? Check out his links...he's incredible..does a lot of random covers of shit you'd never expect to hear on guitar that come out freaking awesome...

He usually wears something on his head in the style of the song he's covering, in that one, he's playing Pachabel's Canon...18th century composer...

Not a big jazz fan, so that doesn't really appeal to me...

Metheny plays fundamental jazz (much of it way over my head - 3 minutes of silence in a song, etc) but everything released under Pat Metheny Group is not really jazz. It's all written by him and Lyle Mays and is my favorite music of all-time. 90% of the music in my library is jazz, followed by metal and stuff from the 70s and 80s.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched the series? If so...give it another shot...the toughest part I had with starting the series, was keeping the characters straight...watching the show got me past that...so many similar names, and total character overload.

I love his writing style where he gives you a unique 1st person perspective each chapter....

Dead serious...the book nasty is on? Storm of Swords? The best book I've ever read...ever. And I'd consider my self well read...having read a lot of Robert Jordan, Glen Cook, Tolkien, Elizabeth Moon etc in that same genre...that book blows it all away...

Haven't watched any of the shows. I might try it again at some point, but I crashed on the first one.

And I've slogged through The Wheel of Time, Asimov's seven-book Foundation Trilogy (learn to count, genius) & almost all of Christopher Tolkien's fraudulent "My dad's lost stories" bullshit. When I start a series, it's usually finished, even with plodding genealogies and endless backstory. For some reason, I could not get into this.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If possible and you handed him and Eddie or Randy Rhodes an acoustic guitar and invited them to do what they could do, Hendrix would politely decline and leave out the back entrance. He was a master showman who capitalized on his ability to do crazy things with a distorted guitar sound while on hallucinogenic drugs. There's nothing wrong with that but he wasn't an especially skilled guitar player. My next door neighbor BLOWS Hendrix away. He can play classical, jazz, metal, etc. Hendrix was a product of his generation and his death propelled his image to greatness it did NOT deserve.

Out of couriousity...those 2 links that you said you loved so much...how is you enjoy that..but can't see this:

[YOUTUBE]fJZ-uoXnfWg[/YOUTUBE]

For the sheer brilliance it is...

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
martys from CA

only our local people are murderous

watch the gedmans closely

Marty was a 2nd baseman though...

Relatives of Red Sox 2nd basemen seem to have all the troubles

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down, you might have heard this one from Metheny from '75 when Jaco Pastorius was playing in the trio with him. Renders me speechless to this day. The Bright Size Life album is pure gold and the kind of stuff my Dad raised me on. My Dad was hanging out in all-black jazz clubs in LA back in the 60s and has some really good stories to tell of interacting with guys like Miles Davis and Charlie Byrd back when they were playing in rooms with a dozen people in them some nights.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiKt8DxBpeg]Pat Metheny and Jaco Pastorious - Bright Size Life (Studio Version) - YouTube[/ame]

I would think any guitar player would appreciate that stuff?

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zig's hot fudge and rolling brown outs

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched any of the shows. I might try it again at some point, but I crashed on the first one.

And I've slogged through The Wheel of Time, Asimov's seven-book Foundation Trilogy (learn to count, genius) & almost all of Christopher Tolkien's fraudulent "My dad's lost stories" bullshit. When I start a series, it's usually finished, even with plodding genealogies and endless backstory. For some reason, I could not get into this.

I'm on book 4 of wheel of time right now...figured it would fill the void until Winds of Winter (SoIaF 6)comes out hopefully next year....

it's pretty good....SoIaF demolishes it...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you like those styles as well, and are unfamiliar with Yngwie Malmsteen, then you may wish to check him out then.