• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rock n Roll HOF Snubs

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fave of theirs.

In fact, if there was such a thing, it'd prolly be in my top 20 songs.

definitely a classic. rarely hear it on classic rock radio stations, though.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely a classic. rarely hear it on classic rock radio stations, though.
You're right, this is seldom heard on classic rock stations.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like this oned that didn't garner a lot of attention...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Three Dog Night gets in, really, shouldn't the Monkees as well?

There has actually been a push for The Monkees in recent years. I don't see that at all. Those guys were selected for the TV show and none were anything special musically or vocally. But they kept being handed great songs, because they had the TV show.

With Three Dog Night those guys were actually great singers who enhanced the material they were given, which is why I think they should be considered using the same criteira as other singing groups rather than being judged like other bands. They weren't influential, but they were a pretty big deal for several years in the late 60s-early 70s when they has 21 straight top 40 hits including 3 number 1's.

To be clear, they are not my first choice fro HOF snub, but I do think they have a good argument for induction given some of the groups who are already in.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fave of theirs.

In fact, if there was such a thing, it'd prolly be in my top 20 songs.
Hoyt Axton was a very underrated songwriter. Hell, he wrote that one and most of the big hits for the OP band

Reactions: GNG

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has actually been a push for The Monkees in recent years. I don't see that at all. Those guys were selected for the TV show and none were anything special musically or vocally. But they kept being handed great songs, because they had the TV show.

With Three Dog Night those guys were actually great singers who enhanced the material they were given, which is why I think they should be considered using the same criteira as other singing groups rather than being judged like other bands. They weren't influential, but they were a pretty big deal for several years in the late 60s-early 70s when they has 21 straight top 40 hits including 3 number 1's.

To be clear, they are not my first choice fro HOF snub, but I do think they have a good argument for induction given some of the groups who are already in.
I don’t think either belongs in. I’ve never listened to the Monkees, but I heard the one that died recently was a legit musician

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer thinks the Monkees deserve to be in the HOF... :dhd:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think either belongs in. I’ve never listened to the Monkees, but I heard the one that died recently was a legit musician
You were the one that made the argument that The Monkees deserve to be in the HOF if 3 Dog Night is.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyt Axton was a very underrated songwriter. Hell, he wrote that one and most of the big hits for the OP band
Hoyt Axton deserves to be in the Songwriters HOF.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that made the argument that The Monkees deserve to be in the HOF if 3 Dog Night is.
I never said either belong. They’re both bands that never had original material and weren’t gifted musicians. I don’t think either deserve to be in, but the Monkees made a bigger impact

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said either belong. They’re both bands that never had original material and weren’t gifted musicians. I don’t think with deserve to be in, but the Monkees made a bigger impact
Now don't backtrack on your original statement.