• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rock n Roll HOF Snubs

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mom wrote Heartbreak Hotel.
Elvis never wrote his own songs but is recognized as the King of Rock & Roll and still is selling millions of records 40 years after his death. His contribution to Rock & Roll is unmatched.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument can be made for the Monkees getting in. If they put artists in based on impact and popularity, which they have, then the Monkees are a lock. They had several hit songs as well as a TV show that was very popular.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis never wrote his own songs but is recognized as the King of Rock & Roll and still is selling millions of records 40 years after his death. His contribution to Rock & Roll is unmatched.
Elvis could pick a guitar, play the piano and was a pioneer. I’d argue that Carl Perkins had a greater contribution with the acts that call him one of their biggest influences

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say no more, based on your criteria, he’s already the greatest musician of all time.
There’s no way to keep Elvis out. He did help make rock popular. I’m not a fan, but I give him more props than guys like Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no way to keep Elvis out. He did help make rock popular. I’m not a fan, but I give him more props than guys like Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby
Obviously there’s no way he isn’t in. Outside of the whole cultural icon aspect though, meh...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis could pick a guitar, play the piano and was a pioneer. I’d argue that Carl Perkins had a greater contribution with the acts that call him one of their biggest influences
Yes Carl Perkins was a pioneer in the Rock genre but a traffic accident hurt his momentum. The Beatles idolized Perkins and had a hit record with Matchbox.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was born three years after Elvis death but have all his recordings and consider him the greatest rock artist of all time. He could do gospel, ballads, country and hard rock and never miss a beat. According to many his live performances were magnetic until the final three years of his career when he was suffering from health issues. My grandparents love Sinatra and Crosby.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Sam Phillips(Sun Records head) even told him he was no Johnny Cash.
There aren't many artists that could compare to Cash but Elvis was a much bigger influence and still sells millions of records worldwide. He is a rock icon.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially not Glen Campbell
Glen Campbell was his equal as a singer and also a virtuoso on guitar. You just have a hard-on for Cash.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born three years after Elvis death but have all his recordings and consider him the greatest rock artist of all time. He could do gospel, ballads, country and hard rock and never miss a beat. According to many his live performances were magnetic until the final three years of his career when he was suffering from health issues. My grandparents love Sinatra and Crosby.
Most of the early influential rock and roll acts run circles around him in every category but getting your panties moist.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the early influential rock and roll acts run circles around him in every category but getting your panties moist.
Only an idiot like you would come to this conclusion. Elvis dwarfs almost all early rock acts. Elvis catapulted rock into the mainstream of America and gave exposure to many of the early artists. My advice to you is to go back to the political forums to do your trolling as you have no credibility here.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say no more, based on your criteria, he’s already the greatest musician of all time.
Based on his contempories and most rock historians. Do you know anything or are you just trolling for a response.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only an idiot like you would come to this conclusion. Elvis dwarfs almost any early rock acts. Elvis catapulted rock into the mainstream of America and gave exposure to many of the early artists. My advice to you is to go back to the political forums to do your trolling as you have have no credibility here.
When it comes to musicianship, Elvis had nothing on Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Bo Diddley, Buddy Holly, etc, etc, etc

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only an idiot like you would come to this conclusion. Elvis dwarfs almost all early rock acts. Elvis catapulted rock into the mainstream of America and gave exposure to many of the early artists. My advice to you is to go back to the political forums to do your trolling as you have no credibility here.
I get it, you’re captivated by the hip thing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to musicianship, Elvis had nothing on Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Bo Diddley, Buddy Holly, etc, etc, etc
He's probably sold more records than all those folks combined and continues to. Elvis could play piano and guitar and his early performances were magnetic. Stick to country music where you have more credibility.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably sold more records than all those folks combined and continues to. Elvis could play piano and guitar and his early performances were magnetic. Stick to country music where you have more credibility.

Didn’t you claim to be a ‘musician’ so your opinion should matter? It’s weird how after making that claim you’ve gone on to show you’re more impressed with sales and cultural status than actual musicianship.

To summarize, you’re a dumbass.