• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALADAMYA

I intend to live forever. So far, so good
Hoopla Cash
$ 681.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the bible thumpers being anti-gay. Not all of them. Had a couple over for dinner we use to go to church with. This guy is one if the genuinely good people in this world. This was about the time states were legalizing gay marriage. This guy who I have never heard him once talk bad about someone, goes off on a 5 minute rant on gays and marriage. What happened to not being judgmental, it's for God to decide. All bc he heard some preacher talk about it so that was his stance. Turns out this preacher was laundering money through his church. Preacher served 3 years.. I haven't gone back to church sense. Okay sorry SportsHoopla members went a little off course.
CreepyWideeyedBernesemountaindog-size_restricted.gif

cq0J4Xb.gif

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the internet with words on the screen. It is simple to scroll. No need for anything extra here our mods have done a fantastic job. No need for more ever.

Meant to ask, how are the kids doing today? Better I hope.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to ask, how are the kids doing today? Better I hope.
Its been a nightmare. Daughter went to school today. Youngest is still getting nebulizer albuterol and steroid and alternating tylenol and ibuprofen but for a while today he was being happy. he took one of his dinosaurs and roared at me. Hoping this is better by saturday we have our first of many christmas' to go to with family down in lincoln. thanks for askin. Pretty sure im sick now too and the wife has been complaining via text all day about symptoms

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a nightmare. Daughter went to school today. Youngest is still getting nebulizer albuterol and steroid and alternating tylenol and ibuprofen but for a while today he was being happy. he took one of his dinosaurs and roared at me. Hoping this is better by saturday we have our first of many christmas' to go to with family down in lincoln. thanks for askin. Pretty sure im sick now too and the wife has been complaining via text all day about symptoms

I actually called in sick, and so did my wife. We work at the same hospital. This is the first time she's missed work in 5 years. She's been a nurse for 10 so we are around sick people all the time.

I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old all with fevers. It's been a fun past two days.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually called in sick, and so did my wife. We work at the same hospital. This is the first time she's missed work in 5 years. She's been a nurse for 10 so we are around sick people all the time.

I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old all with fevers. It's been a fun past two days.
Yea fevers and throwing up were part of it and the flu shot seems to not matter. I just blame school cuz they spread germs sooo fast there. Obviously hospitals have germs too but i swear kids go out of their way to put their hand on everything then into their mouth goes them nasty fingers. I just hope it passes fast, for everyone! The worst is when the littlest ones get it and all they can do is cry and not tell you what hurts etc.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they all get well soon. I remember those days, and do not envy you, haha!

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read, some of this. For you Rivalites, a question: do the Rivals mods get paid? Were they chosen from posting regulars of the board?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my earliest memories involve music. My parents were big into it and we had a lofty collection of 33s and 45s. Dad was more into the mellow stuff while Mom dug bubblegum pop and early era heavy metal, along with most anything else that sounded good. I got my eclectic taste in music from her and my After Hours music moods from Dad.

This is late 1970s/early 1980s we're talking where my world basically revolved around cartoons, toy cars, and music. We'd listen to the radio a lot and it was one of those with the green dial lighting and an 8-track player with that big white button that when you pressed it would skip from the middle of the song you were listening to the middle of the next song.

Dad had an 8-track player and every weekend if the weather was nice, he'd tinker with his car while listening to Booker T & the MG's. He was into the Lettermen. Mom was more of a Led Zeppelin girl. Both loved Carolina Beach Music, people like the Embers, Fantastic Shakers, Chairmen of the Board, and the Drifters among others.

We had a little 45 player in our bedroom and the parents would just bring home new vinyl. My brother and I would listen to them and if it was universally agreed that the song sucked, he and I would take those 45s and roll them down the hallway to each other. I remember this vividly being something we did after listening to John Schneider's cover of "It's Now or Never."

I took to listening to records and the radio real early in life and that's never really gone away. A lot of the informational stuff was from being fans of people like Casey Kasem, Rick Dees, and Dick Clark.
Damn!! We might be brothers. Pretty much the same story growing up, especially the beach music. I've loved it since I was a kid and now I've turned my kids onto it. They are 11 and 12 and love it. I'm trying to find somewhere reasonable to teach them how to shag. In other words, not in the berr joints and bars, but an actual studio or something.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read, some of this. For you Rivalites, a question: do the Rivals mods get paid? Were they chosen from posting regulars of the board?
They are not paid. They are regular posters who get selected after a mod steps down.

tOSUstate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn!! We might be brothers. Pretty much the same story growing up, especially the beach music. I've loved it since I was a kid and now I've turned my kids onto it. They are 11 and 12 and love it. I'm trying to find somewhere reasonable to teach them how to shag. In other words, not in the berr joints and bars, but an actual studio or something.
I hear that a lot of people shag in the bedroom.

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unpaid position. Yes, chosen from regulars of the board. @bamagrad75, @CowpokeU, @PSUTE, and @IrishBlooded can answer most of your questions since all spent time as moderators there.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not paid. They are regular posters who get selected after a mod steps down.
Unpaid position. Yes, chosen from regulars of the board. @bamagrad75, @CowpokeU, @PSUTE, and @IrishBlooded can answer most of your questions since all spent time as moderators there.
Thx. I know ESPN farmed out the mod work to agencies, before they closed the forum shop.

Good to have some more SECE guys in. Great fake punt by Kirby there, ODD :)

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope everyone better soon. Miserable when it all comes at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.