• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ritchie Incognito in Denver.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your honesty is refreshing!

I used to have a problem with having bad moral character guys on the team but the more the NFL lifts up the curtain to behind the scenes the more you realize just how many of these guys are not exactly known for having the highest of character. Now thankfully there are those guys that you can cheer for that give you hope. For the Broncos we have Chris Harris, Peyton Manning, Pot Roast, D. Thomas, and plenty of others who are actually very highly regarded in the community for what they do and the fact that they are not spending every night in the strip club but I do know of a few on the team that have no problem going and even sometimes the night before the game going to a strip club. I'm guessing that is true of just about every team in the league. These guys are not being brought in to be choir boys. For me as a fan I can cheer for the product on the field. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the product off the field.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking up his own car with a ball bat probably didn't help.

Just to note the number of Broncs fans here caring SOLELY upon his potential to help win games while ignoring his pathetic moral code. Just imagine the SportsHoopla outcry if this was a Pats board whoring for him.

Cripes.

Reads like a backhand to Broncos fans if you ask me. I wonder how many Patriots fans excused Hernandez's LACK of a moral code when their team picked him up?

And you're talking about Broncos fans? Cripes is right. :rollseyes:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Patriots exclusively bring in players of upstanding moral integrity, right? Give me a break.

Um, kind of my point.

Yeah cd, I tend to care less about it too although I don't think I'd be interested in seeing Hernandez return. It's been cool seeing Wright make his jersey number a little less representative of the thug thing.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reads like a backhand to Broncos fans if you ask me. I wonder how many Patriots fans excused Hernandez's LACK of a moral code when their team picked him up?

And you're talking about Broncos fans? Cripes is right. :rollseyes:

Raises hand....didn't give a shit. My point Walker is that Hammer and the haters would crucify the Pats board over pining for Incognito.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking up his own car with a ball bat probably didn't help.

Just to note the number of Broncs fans here caring SOLELY upon his potential to help win games while ignoring his pathetic moral code. Just imagine the SportsHoopla outcry if this was a Pats board whoring for him.

Cripes.

Probably so but no Pats fan would object to the Pats signing Adolf Hitler to their squad if they felt it increased their chances of winning. Fans want to see their team win. I'd prefer the Broncos to be stocked with guys who generally exhibit solid character but I am willing to see them take a chance on a guy if it makes them a better team. Especially since the team already has a lot of leadership, something Miami lacked. Anyway it's a non-starter now since the team declined to sign him.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough ftbll, again, I'm not disagreeing with anyone. Not too sure about Hitler though! Lol!

I would not excuse Hernandez' murder shit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but at this point the Broncos just brought him in for a meeting.

IF this were the Patriots (as Homer mentioned) people would be ALL over this. We would never hear the end of it.

Probably so but no Pats fan would object to the Pats signing Adolf Hitler to their squad if they felt it increased their chances of winning.

This one certainly would have!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but at this point the Broncos just brought him in for a meeting.

IF this were the Patriots (as Homer mentioned) people would be ALL over this. We would never hear the end of it.

Probably so but no Pats fan would object to the Pats signing Adolf Hitler to their squad if they felt it increased their chances of winning.

This one certainly would have!

Think of it that it comes with the territory of winning. People only talk about you if you are winning or losing just terribly.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough ftbll, again, I'm not disagreeing with anyone. Not too sure about Hitler though! Lol!

I would not excuse Hernandez' murder shit.

An extreme example, yes. But the general point is that sports fans value competitive advantage for their team over ethics or character. I believe this is true of Patriots fans, Broncos fans, any fans. Sure you will find exceptions, but make no mistake: they are outliers.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try hard not to judge others but I'm human and I do. What he did is despicable and honestly I would rather not have him on my team. That said, every team has bad actors. National statistics say there is a very good chance every team has some bad dudes playing for them. Personally I do care who plays for the Broncos and that they're good people but that isn't going to be the case for all of them. As long as the majority of them are good people that's all you can really expect.

If they end up signing Incognito I won't like it but he can help the team. Just don't make a habit of it and sign the all dirt bag team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try hard not to judge others but I'm human and I do. What he did is despicable and honestly I would rather not have him on my team. That said, every team has bad actors. National statistics say there is a very good chance every team has some bad dudes playing for them. Personally I do care who plays for the Broncos and that they're good people but that isn't going to be the case for all of them. As long as the majority of them are good people that's all you can really expect.

If they end up signing Incognito I won't like it but he can help the team. Just don't make a habit of it and sign the all dirt bag team.

Reasonable thinking but I think that nobody wants a dirtbag. You are hoping he is mis-labeled. I don't know, do you?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonable thinking but I think that nobody wants a dirtbag. You are hoping he is mis-labeled. I don't know, do you?

At this point it's completely O.B.E. since the Broncos declined to sign him. The man is not in any way, shape, or from associated with the Broncos so further discussion of him is not discussion relevant to the Broncos. What is relevant is this Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams. This is a team that doesn't look good in the W-L column, but has some wins over some pretty impressive teams. The Broncos had better be ready to bring it or they will be in for a nasty surprise this Sunday.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe next season someone gives him a closer look.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup,...like a ~$trip-Club~ looking for a bouncer.,....he's ''toast'',.....nuff'said.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now we should defiantly give Incognito a shot, it's not like our O-line could do worse with him in there. What's the worst that can happen, he only gets us 2 false start penalties instead of our usual 7?