• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ritchie Incognito in Denver.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Icognito

So it is being reported that Richie Icognito is meeting with the Broncos today. Doesn't mean he is going to be signed but shows the Broncos are still trying to figure out the OL right now.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting. That is the word that comes to mind.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion they should leave no stone unturned. I think the Broncos have enough veteran leadership that they could bring in Incognito and he wouldn't cause a problem. And frankly, the offensive line is the one area on the team that I think is the biggest cause for concern.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can perform well with his usual nastiness and not be a locker room cancer this could work out for us. Our O-line could use some toughening but I did like what we saw on Sunday.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting. That is the word that comes to mind.

Makes sense that SD fan might be worried about being bullied by broncos.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a locker room bully in a club with very little leadership in the locker room. That will not be the case here in Denver. If he keeps his nose clean and can improve this O-line, I'm all for it. I'm all for having the meanest, nastiest O-line the game has ever seen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that NFL article I did like that they pointed that he needs to go to a veteran locker room where they just won't stand for his immature ways if he gets that way. I don't mind them looking to see if he can help the OL. I do wonder where he plays though. Does he replace Ramirez then on the OL at the RG spot? I can't see them benching Franklin at this point.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a locker room bully in a club with very little leadership in the locker room. That will not be the case here in Denver. If he keeps his nose clean and can improve this O-line, I'm all for it. I'm all for having the meanest, nastiest O-line the game has ever seen.

Unfortunately, the technology to clone younger versions of Mark Schlereth and Tom Nalen just doesn't exist yet.....:bawling:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I like what the guy did in Miami? Of course not. Do I think he deserves another shot? Yes I do. One mistake then he is out the door so I see no risk here at all if this happens. Just saying.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I like what the guy did in Miami? Of course not. Do I think he deserves another shot? Yes I do. One mistake then he is out the door so I see no risk here at all if this happens. Just saying.

The only thing I would say to that though is this would be about his 6th shot not just second chance. He would be on a short leash. At this point I do think he would be a valued add to this team. We seem to have no depth that can be trusted at this point for the OL and I do think Incognito would realize this is probably his last shot to show the NFL that he should be in the league. He has graded out positively on PFF for the past 6 seasons so I think he would be a welcomed addition to helping in the run and pass game.

Just thinking ahead say we do sign him I think the Broncos should move Franklin back to RT. He has done decent at the LG spot but he was graded as one of the best RT's in the game last season. Yes I know the Super Bowl was not pretty but one game does not make a career. Anyway guess should wait to see what happens first.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I would say to that though is this would be about his 6th shot not just second chance. He would be on a short leash. At this point I do think he would be a valued add to this team. We seem to have no depth that can be trusted at this point for the OL and I do think Incognito would realize this is probably his last shot to show the NFL that he should be in the league. He has graded out positively on PFF for the past 6 seasons so I think he would be a welcomed addition to helping in the run and pass game.

Just thinking ahead say we do sign him I think the Broncos should move Franklin back to RT. He has done decent at the LG spot but he was graded as one of the best RT's in the game last season. Yes I know the Super Bowl was not pretty but one game does not make a career. Anyway guess should wait to see what happens first.

I never said it was his 2nd shot so Im confused there. I said he deserves another shot but one mistake in Denver "if" they sign him then he will be out the door.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was his 2nd shot so Im confused there. I said he deserves another shot but one mistake in Denver "if" they sign him then he will be out the door.

I apologize...I read your post as you hinting towards this being us giving him a 2nd chance. I agree that he will be on a short leash. He will know that as the media will be watching for every little thing he does wrong. He is coming into a championship locker room though with guys that I think will keep him in line. He won't be asked to be a leader in the locker room like he was in my Miami. He can just be another one of the guys and play his game. Really my only concern with him is the on field penalties. He is known as the dirtiest player in the NFL and has been known to get ill timed personal foul penalties. We have had enough of those in my opinion. He needs to play smart.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fortunately I trust the management (Elway) of this team in making personnel decisions. So if they pull the trigger on this move, I will have to assume it will help us win the Super Bowl. However, this would a HUGE risk, IMO. The only way this works is if we have the vocal leadership on the O-line line him out from go on his conduct and attitude and let him know what will and won't be tolerated in the locker room, in practice, on the field, etc. In other words, whip this dog into shape. I'm pretty sure that with Clady and Franklin there, he won't be using the N-word. I imagine that would be the first thing that would be addressed.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fortunately I trust the management (Elway) of this team in making personnel decisions. So if they pull the trigger on this move, I will have to assume it will help us win the Super Bowl. However, this would a HUGE risk, IMO. The only way this works is if we have the vocal leadership on the O-line line him out from go on his conduct and attitude and let him know what will and won't be tolerated in the locker room, in practice, on the field, etc. In other words, whip this dog into shape. I'm pretty sure that with Clady and Franklin there, he won't be using the N-word. I imagine that would be the first thing that would be addressed.

Low risk high reward in my opinion. If he signs with the Broncos and he starts with his immature stupid behavior then cut his ass. Plus I agree that Clady and Franklin would beat him down.