• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ritchie Incognito in Denver.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I like what the guy did in Miami? Of course not. Do I think he deserves another shot? Yes I do. One mistake then he is out the door so I see no risk here at all if this happens. Just saying.

He's had several chances.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential problem I see is that bad seeds always develop relationships with certain players on teams, then when the behavior issues start to arise, and the "bad seed" is castigated/called out, a rift develops between two factions, not just one player and the rest of the team. At least, that's what can happen. The Seahawks dealt with that sort of thing earlier this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential problem I see is that bad seeds always develop relationships with certain players on teams, then when the behavior issues start to arise, and the "bad seed" is castigated/called out, a rift develops between two factions, not just one player and the rest of the team. At least, that's what can happen. The Seahawks dealt with that sort of thing earlier this year.

What I see Icognito as is a short-term solution with no actual long-term commitment. I wouldn't keep him long-term as you have said he eventually wears out his welcome and unfortunately rubs off on other players. I think for a 3-month period here he won't be able to spread that negative problem throughout the locker room. I don't sign him beyond this year if I am the Broncos. After the season I let him go. He gets the chance to show the NFL that he is on his best behavior while also showing he still has plenty of talent o play in this league while the Broncos get a pro bowl caliber player at a position of need to help possibly put us over the top for winning the Super Bowl. There is some risk obviously but I think if they just look at this as a 3-month rental and Icognito looks at this as an audition for the rest of the NFL then the two can help each other out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Incognito nasty? Yes. Was he really any good? I really don't know.

Is this high risk - high reward?
or is this high risk - low reward.....

As a Pats fan, I would not mind at all if Denver shot themselves in the foot (or the O-line)

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''Ogre...!....Ogre...!....Ogre...!...''...........Incognito = Ogre [on ''Revenge of the nerds''].

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ehhhh, Incognito's a bully. They only have power if they are given it by the team. In this case, he'd be pretty low on the totem pole, and the bully's instinct in that case would be to blend in. I don't see him being an issue in the short term. In the long term, that depends on whether he's finally learned a lesson or not. I imagine if he hasn't Fox and Elway will cut him quick.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....pay him the veteran-minimum = pro-rated for the remaining [7-weeks.?],....maybe not a bad situation.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pot Roast had a bad rep when we signed him. He was on the brink of washing out. If the Broncos sign Incognito maybe he will salvage his career. I think we have enough leadership in the organization to make this a safe gamble.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign him to a one year deal with a "toe of the boot" clause if a disrupts the locker room. Low risk and he may be a good addition!

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be for the best that the Broncos didn't sign him, because even if he didn't cause any major controversies, he still may have hurt team chemistry. I can't imagine that he would have helped team chemistry if he was signed.

I'm glad Ritchie Incognito is not going to be a Bronco. We could use his talent, but it's about more than that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for us signing him. We need some nastiness in our line that we currently don't have. I'd say if we got tougher up front people would go from just being afraid of Peyton Manning to being afraid of the Denver Broncos. The one thing we lack is physicality and he would give us that.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for us signing him. We need some nastiness in our line that we currently don't have. I'd say if we got tougher up front people would go from just being afraid of Peyton Manning to being afraid of the Denver Broncos. The one thing we lack is physicality and he would give us that.

Dead on. This team is still soft at this time and if signing Incognito helps that Im all for it. Just saying.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Manning would allow him to become an issue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if he did not stay in shape in his time away from football. He has had now 4 teams bring him in for an interview and he still has no deal. I think with that many teams showing interest they have shown they can look past the bullying issue but if he needs a month to get into playing shape it doesn't make much sense to sign him at this point since he won't actually help the team. From what I read the Broncos haven't closed the door so my guess is they told him get into shape then come talk to us kind of thing.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking up his own car with a ball bat probably didn't help.

Just to note the number of Broncs fans here caring SOLELY upon his potential to help win games while ignoring his pathetic moral code. Just imagine the SportsHoopla outcry if this was a Pats board whoring for him.

Cripes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to note the number of Broncs fans here caring SOLELY upon his potential to help win games while ignoring his pathetic moral code. Just imagine the SportsHoopla outcry if this was a Pats board whoring for him.

Cripes.

I agree if the Pats were looking at him it would be a bit more scrutinized but at this point the Broncos just brought him in for a meeting. Also I'm not ignoring his moral code. I just understand that every NFL team has at least one dirt bag on their team. I mean you guys have brought in some real winners throughout the years that have had a pretty bad past so again every team has those guys that have the potential to really destroy a locker room. Yes I liked what he could bring to the team with his nastiness on the field especially with our OL just struggling lately. The Broncos not signing him at this point though doesn't bother me either. It was one of those happy if we do happy if we don't kind of situations as they both had positives and negatives.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your honesty is refreshing!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cripes.

Because the Patriots exclusively bring in players of upstanding moral integrity, right? Give me a break.