• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman: Roddy White is an easy matchup. He'll be an easy matchup next year.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious. If everyone played with the same intensity and drive that Sherman played with I don't people would worry about giving players big contracts. The guy talks a lot of shit, but talking shit makes you better. Anyone who's played competitive sports knows this.

I've played competitive sports to the fullest, and I didn't talk the talk with others who were willing to do so. Some guys get an emotional high which serves as a catalyst for the physical highs when playing sports, which is why guys talk a load of crap during games. However, there are athletes who didn't talk all that and were pretty damn good without having to rely on the byproduct of having an emotional high combined with an oral cannon. Who am I talking about? Guys such as Tim Duncan, Joe Montana, Matt Cain, James Worthy, Lionel Messi, etc - these cats let their actions speak for themselves.

As far as Sherman is concerned, not only does Sherman play for Stanfurd, but the guy is running his mouth off even when he does get beat i.e. the ATL game. He's a good player but can he just shut his mouth up for once? One day this guy's abilities will fail him, and there willll be a cadre of players and fans waiting for him at that moment.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've played competitive sports to the fullest, and I didn't talk the talk with others who were willing to do so. Some guys get an emotional high which serves as a catalyst for the physical highs when playing sports, which is why guys talk a load of crap during games. However, there are athletes who didn't talk all that and were pretty damn good without having to rely on the byproduct of having an emotional high combined with an oral cannon. Who am I talking about? Guys such as Tim Duncan, Joe Montana, Matt Cain, James Worthy, Lionel Messi, etc - these cats let their actions speak for themselves.

As far as Sherman is concerned, not only does Sherman play for Stanfurd, but the guy is running his mouth off even when he does get beat i.e. the ATL game. He's a good player but can he just shut his mouth up for once? One day this guy's abilities will fail him, and there willll be a cadre of players and fans waiting for him at that moment.

I grew up seeing Stockton and Malone, Stockton was tough and dirty but not a talker. Gary Payton said he was the one guy he never talked any trash to because he respected him so much, but knew that Stockton was tough as the next guy. Malone was tough and dirty too, but he talked, too. Mainly off the court and about himself, not about others. There are many ways for a competitive person to play.

Besides Montana, your examples are non-football, and even then, it was a position that you don't hear much smack talk, though I'm sure there will be some players who fit your description who play football at QB who do talk some. Who plays Sherman's position who doesn't speak smack talk?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up seeing Stockton and Malone, Stockton was tough and dirty but not a talker. Gary Payton said he was the one guy he never talked any trash to because he respected him so much, but knew that Stockton was tough as the next guy. Malone was tough and dirty too, but he talked, too. Mainly off the court and about himself, not about others. There are many ways for a competitive person to play.

Besides Montana, your examples are non-football, and even then, it was a position that you don't hear much smack talk, though I'm sure there will be some players who fit your description who play football at QB who do talk some. Who plays Sherman's position who doesn't speak smack talk?

Roger Craig, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Gonzalez (yes 2 of the 3 are Cal Bears but still). Anyways, it's easy for players to talk crap in football because you're so close to your opponent in the trenches. Deion Sanders talked a lot of crap, and eventhough he was the best cover man during his time, I wasn't entirely sold on him joining the team for his antics. However, something about playing with Steve Young and Jerry Rice which shut him up and allowed him to focus more on being a more refined football player.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roger Craig, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Gonzalez (yes 2 of the 3 are Cal Bears but still). Anyways, it's easy for players to talk crap in football because you're so close to your opponent in the trenches. Deion Sanders talked a lot of crap, and eventhough he was the best cover man during his time, I wasn't entirely sold on him joining the team for his antics. However, something about playing with Steve Young and Jerry Rice which shut him up and allowed him to focus more on being a more refined football player.

I didn't mind Deion talking cos he had earned the right to and backed it up well, Sherman just started his career-just wait till Ricky Ricardo burns him...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with Sherman is he never stops. Leave your shit on the field. He keeps talking well after the game is over.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't really have a problem with guys talking on the field, but I agree shut the hell up after the game. If you need to talk trash to get yourself up, then do it. If you can get under someone's skin and get an advantage, then go ahead and do it. If they're mentally tough it won't work on them and your just wasting your breathe. But I don't like the pro wrestling bravado b.s. after the game. I mean after the game - not even trying to get in guy's heads before the next game. It's unnecessary and classless. If you're good, people will know you're good. You don't have to continually run your mouth.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with guys talking on the field, but I agree shut the hell up after the game. If you need to talk trash to get yourself up, then do it. If you can get under someone's skin and get an advantage, then go ahead and do it. If they're mentally tough it won't work on them and your just wasting your breathe. But I don't like the pro wrestling bravado b.s. after the game. I mean after the game - not even trying to get in guy's heads before the next game. It's unnecessary and classless. If you're good, people will know you're good. You don't have to continually run your mouth.

Especially when your play is a direct result of your team's loss.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with Sherman is he never stops. Leave your shit on the field. He keeps talking well after the game is over.

This!

And This!

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Seahawk fans complain about this guy? I don't think so. He wants to be the guy you love to hate.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Seahawk fans complain about this guy? I don't think so. He wants to be the guy you love to hate.

Are you unaware of the average IQ of a Seahawks fan? I doubt most Seahawks fans even know who this guy is.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you unaware of the average IQ of a Seahawks fan? I doubt most Seahawks fans even know who this guy is.

I was living in Seattle during the playoffs last year, and was watching the Niners-Saints game with a self-proclaimed "huge hawks fan" - much to my chagrin. He was talking about how that year was tough because they lost their pro bowl safety all year. I was like, "I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure both Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor played all but maybe one or two games last year." He didn't know, but was confident he was right. I thought about it and asked, "Do you mean Marcus Trufant? Cause he's a CB, and hasn't played at a pro bowl level in about four years." Indeed, that was who he meant. D'oh! One of my other friends up there who considers herself a pretty big fan couldn't name 12 players on the team.

To be fair, I should note that these were a Canadian and a woman, respectively. And my standard for fandom is pretty high....

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was living in Seattle during the playoffs last year, and was watching the Niners-Saints game with a self-proclaimed "huge hawks fan" - much to my chagrin. He was talking about how that year was tough because they lost their pro bowl safety all year. I was like, "I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure both Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor played all but maybe one or two games last year." He didn't know, but was confident he was right. I thought about it and asked, "Do you mean Marcus Trufant? Cause he's a CB, and hasn't played at a pro bowl level in about four years." Indeed, that was who he meant. D'oh! One of my other friends up there who considers herself a pretty big fan couldn't name 12 players on the team.

To be fair, I should note that these were a Canadian and a woman, respectively. And my standard for fandom is pretty high....

LMAO!!! Great Story, Crimson!!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

hmmmm

haaa

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure about them with Sherman, but even with T.O. on the Niners after a while it was like, "Just shut the fuck up and play." We were spoiled though. We had on our own team Montana, Rice, Young, Brent Jones, Craig, Lott... really humble guys. Confident, but humble. And in our (at least my) generation we had Barry Sanders, Bruce Smith, Warren Moon, Terrel Davis. Guys who went out and acted like they were supposed to do the things they did, not do them then make sure everyone saw them do it. It's like when someone tells you a joke and then says, "Get it?" after. If you know you are good nothing more needs to be said. Now it seems like WWF is the new model for any and all sports. Just scream for attention. Fuck Emmit Smith for taking his helmet off every time he scored! He is an ugly motherfuck anyhow. That was one of the most selfish celebrations in NFL history. Don't know why I mentioned that but it just came to me and I needed to let it out.

Although who really knows how guys would have been back then if social media were there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fuck Emmit Smith for taking his helmet off every time he scored! He is an ugly motherfuck anyhow.

Just be glad Marshawn Lynch doesn't do likewise.
marshawnlynchpredator.jpg

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Seattle love Sherman. He's actually a very thoughtful and studious guy off the field, he's always looking at film and trying to get an edge. I wish Sherman was on our team, he's one of the best cornerbacks in football.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be glad Marshawn Lynch doesn't do likewise.
marshawnlynchpredator.jpg

Just based on appearance alone, if all players in the NFL found themselves unemployed tomorrow, I could EASILY see Lynch running a prison gang.

Brady would be a goat model.
Cutler would be the McConaughey character, Wooderson, from Dazed and Confused.
Owens would be unemployed. Oh, wait...
Crabtree would continue being a pimp.
Newton would be a snake oil salesman.
Flacco would morph back into Easy Rider.
Eli would be a mime.
Drew Brees would be a circus sideshow freak.
Justin Smith would start entering strongman competitions.
Fitzgerald would love to sell Bentleys, but resigns himself to the fact that he has to sell used Yugos and Pintos.
Sam Bradford would sell hurricane insurance to Nebraskans.
Brett Kiesel would be a brewer.
Roethlisberger would open a chain of burger joints. (Ironically, not because his name has berger in it.)
Calvin Johnson could replace Chris Bosh on the Heat.
Dez Bryant could be a two-bit hood. Oops, he already is.
Romo would run a kiosk at the mall, hawking earmuffs.
Reggie Bush could be a helicopter.
Mark Sanchez could be a stand-up comedian.
Santonio Holmes would be a Federal informant.

Eh, I'm bored with this.